Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
Can there ever be a final enlightenment? Something tells me there is no end. It seems that transcending is one of the last illusions, because there is no one to transcend. You cant kill the ego ever. Its part of the make up of your mind. Only let go on its grasp of life, its claiming everything for itself.

I want material success and recognition. I want all the objects and looks because of my vainity. Behind it all, and secretly, I know that I am not an "I". That I am just "selfing" myself into existence. That all is empty of a solid separate self identified entity. That the only transcending possible is for a self that never exists in the first place. I travel lighter in my quest for material prosperity, not attatching to the falsehoods of what I am. I can only be what I am not. And I might as well allow what I am not to run the show, play out its dramas, because it is going to anyway.

This is a bit too deep to get into in this thread but by transcend I am not exactly talking about denying the physical or final enlightenment. It is more about integrating then going above and beyond my past and I am not just talking about this lifetime. What people consider "higher" states of consciousness is kind of my default. I do try to push those limits too but I am not trying to escape this lifetime. Even if I say I am now and then and my actions imply it. I feel like I have read something like what you are saying in a book years ago. I am not sure if it was "conversations with god" but something is familiar. If you don't believe in simultaneous lifetimes, or for the sequential believers, reincarnation, this will be gibberish anyway. I tend to use the word reincarnation but what I experience is not sequential.

This meaning:
"be or go beyond the range or limits of (something abstract, typically a conceptual field or division)."