Threaded View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Extended TheHotelAmbush Questionnaire

The Extended Questionnaire v0.2 by @thehotelambush

Describe yourself.
    Agent interacting with the world. Agent means a being with will. Oh and female. Still haven't lived enough. See the rest of the answers for more.

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?
    Not yet decided on my career. Want some more money and want it to match me, being enough of a challenge, intellectually matching my level too.

What are your values, and why?
    I'll just mention two core ones now. I have never tried to fully organize this topic yet. So. Truth, perseverance, equally important. Truth: I have this image in my mind about always wanting objectivity for absolute truth even if it's "bad news". Perseverance: it's about how I won't give up on things. That would go against my fundamental being. Say, just how my brain got built.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?
    - On a daily basis right now... Deciding on career. Figuring out who I can commit to as my SO for a real relatonship.
    Otherwise, as usual: maintaining my place where I live. Training. Educating myself. Looking for someone (yah, romantically), even before I figured out much about what I actually need there for such a relationship to work, eh. More recently, also trying to keep friendships maintained.
    - Interest/hobby: Sports but this is not just a "light" hobby, I'm dead serious about it.

Describe your relations with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?
    - Family: okay, we can all count on each other, no grudges held, can argue out in the open, no deep relationships though there and I don't know if I like that.
    - Friends: not many close friends. I like it if they are attentive and are willing to go hang out together with me. I like how they are also intelligent and deep. Don't like it when they get flaky, best way to rile me up tho'.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?
    - Friends: we can look at each other and go on to just have fun naturally together. Strong bonus: can have deep discussions too.
    - Romantic: emotional compatibility... and deep discussions and attentiveness with enough mental healthiness overall. I don't know, still figuring out some parts of this. Last but not least, sex, of course.

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?
    Conflicts arising from:
    - communication issues
    - unfair treatment
    - disagreements on issues
    - conflict of (material) interests
    - just random bs started by whatever people

All that can happen regularly enough.

How would your friends describe you?
    forceful/aggressive
    logical/intelligent
    willful=following own rules=can't be controlled
    adaptable
    calm

What do people generally see as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    - They say:
    logical/intelligent
    confident
    resourceful
    persevering
    will achieve what I set my mind to
    athletic

- I like these too.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?
    - They say as criticism:
    forceful/aggressive (though friend didn't say it as criticism...)
    too demanding/controlling
    too rigid/stuck-up
    insensitive/unfeeling-robotic
    too intense in some things
    - I see it as weakness (?): often only seeing what's in front of me. Not sure if this is an actual weakness but I've regretted it before. And I don't usually regret things so this says something.
    - I dislike: when I get called too forceful.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?

- Former: impersonal stuff, anything that can be dealt with concretely.
    - Latter: emotional stuff.

What things do you find to be a chore? What things do you enjoy more than others?
    Um, no idea. I never think about this. Well, wait, maybe for second question, sports compared to some other people.

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?
    Figuring this out again. How, by taking my time on this more than I used to. Lol

If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?
    Take up some social causes by creating organizations for them (I already have several ideas on this but none serious right now because I have more urgent concerns now).

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?
    - First question: strong emotionality
    - Second question: fake "charismatic" image that everyone's supposed to love without thinking

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?
    - First question: good stylish aesthetics on the whole with some bits of special touches, where uniqueness and interest in social status are both involved. Good furniture/main items with good materials, not saving on the money, and have matching items e.g. carpet, artsy pictures on the walls, material and colour of the walls/flooring/etc, each room with a different theme but matching on the whole, put some other cool objects here and there, incl. the cups/medals I won in competition. And organize all things neatly.
    - Second question: neutral on them. They exist. OK. That's it.

How do you behave around strangers?
    Reserved, contained. Can smile.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?
    - First question: prefer to respond in some direct way to resolve it. Constructively is best but it's totally ok to first express anger etc.
    - Second question:
    1. Insult: depends on the situation. I could of course insult back but I don't like pointless and personal insults. Some examples: I'll tell them to fuck off if in an argument where personal bs doesn't belong, if the person is not close to me. If close to me, I can sometimes be a bit more patient to first figure out what's going on but ultimately I don't allow bad treatment to go on. I will intentionally ignore the insult if it's some guy in the street (I'm a girl), I don't care to start interaction with such guys.
    2. Attack: if verbal, see above, usually pointless if it gets personal. If not then fine, I will directly respond. If part of an ongoing conflict, I retort. If physical (happened before), I respond physically, hold them down is my first instinct usually, but I can also dole out a retaliation. If more serious life-threatening attack e.g. in some bad street in the city (no this one didn't happen yet), I'd try to injure them, while trying to escape and I might also shout for help etc. If less direct attack, e.g. in business (happened before a few times), I counteract it in whatever way it's possible in the situation. But if less direct means some passive-aggressive shit e.g. sarcasm, I hate that and as soon as I identified it, I'll respond directly. e.g. strongly tell the person off etc.

What is one common misconception that people have? Explain why it is wrong.
    I don't know what misconceptions are supposed to be all that specially common. I don't track this, there's so much bs out there. Well, wait, one example coming to mind, creationism in the USA... yeah. Seen there are definitely a LOT of people into it there. I can't believe that many people believe in that bs. It's wrong because it's all imaginary.

What did you do last Friday?
    Got up with some difficulty (not good).
    Breakfast. Little to-dos/tasks.
    Trained.
    Thought about my goals. What to change. How to move forward. Etc.
    Had coffee in café.
    Met current boyfriend there.
    Ate out together.
    Went to a bar to drink together.
    Went home.
    Thought more, digging more... and little to-dos/tasks etc.
    Read up on psychology.
    Doing this questionnaire now (it's Friday evening).
    Gonna go to bed after.

What is your biggest accomplishment?
    Well, one of them was, doing a business (ended it since then) with great money.

What is something you regret?
    Making a decision in an important personal area of life based on the wrong data. I was feeling very disillusioned which affected my way of thinking without me noticing. Then a year later I realized certain things about this when I went on a holiday and had a chance to think about it again. I undid the decision there but the damage was already done and wasted time.

Who do you admire, and why?
    No one, too independent for this.

What's been on your mind? Has anything been worrying or concerning you? What problems have you encountered lately?
    Future life course has been on my mind. Still somewhat feeling like stuck in a status quo mode not yet fully knowing what to truly change and what can be left as is. Hard to figure out what's fine as it is now and what's gotta be changed. I've tried to change things and ended up realizing it was not what I needed to change. Really struggling with this part, always tripping myself up in it. And I'm so slow to get ahead from this but I am moving a bit.

What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and why do you hold them?
    Abstract only. I'm too unfeeling by default for this.

What are your political beliefs, and why? To what extent do you care about politics?
    Global government is what I'd like one day. And I care about some bigger political issues sometimes when people get really involved. Used to care more for my country's politics on a daily level but then had a disillusioning moment with the party I voted for back then. I still easily get interested though. Must be some instinct hah.

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?
    Already had one. Maybe will do another. Role: owner, do various tasks with business partner, I was also managing contacts with clients. I could also be interested in doing a bigger business where I can manage others too but that's not going to be right now.

What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?
    - 1st: a fair one.
    - 2nd: enough money, challenge, intellectually too but I need a level of concreteness too.

What is or was your favorite school subject and why?
    I excelled the most in chemistry, and mathematics, so to speak, affected me the most deeply mentally, and I really liked to outdo others physically but I dunno about favourites.

How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?
    It's a normal thing is how I see it. I expect some basic things from people yep.

Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?
    Paris with close friend. Was poignant somehow but beautiful.

What were you like as a kid? How have you changed since you were a child?
    Not all that much changed.

What was your high school experience like?
    Crap. People thought I looked down on them.

Talk about a significant event from your life.
    Skip

Do you like kids? Why or why not?
    I'm very bad with small kids. I'm incredibly awkward and restrained with them. The older the kid the better.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    Take care of their autonomy and intelligence, including social intelligence, and their ambition.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Yeah lately. Never before that. Would keep trying beating my head into the wall. Lol

How do you see other people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    1st: Not sure. 2nd: Will we survive and for what purpose. I do like to analyze the latter sometimes in more depth. But the former question... really really just flies over my head for some reason.

What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?
    Any direct approach that will work for the situation if this is with people. Negotiate, argue, threats, sometimes can wait for better moment, whatever.
    If this is about not getting to a long term goal in a timely fashion like I imagined it, I will get raging. Then I calm down and just keep moving, also figure out better methods if needed.

Are you comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not?
    I am. Wherever needed if I feel like it, if I care enough about the people and/or with my goal aligning with theirs enough. This isn't my default, I don't constantly go look around for the chance to take charge but I like it actually when I suddenly do so.

How often do you get angry? What kinds of things make you angry?
    Several times a day, "too normal" for me lol. Why, things not behaving, people fucking around.

What is the best thing that happened to you during the past week?
    One of my close friends finally passed an exam that I'd been supporting her so much about, for so long.

What is the worst thing that happened to you during the past week?
    My training could've gone better.

What is the purpose of life? What do you find personally meaningful in life?
    - 1st: Humanity's progress
    - 2nd: Great enough goals with regard to contributing to people's good, understanding things on a deep level, challenges and achievements including competitive and "material stuff". A tiny little bit of abstract spirituality. Exploring the world. Special connections and talks and doing things with some people.

What is the most interesting place you have been, and why?
    I've travelled too much to figure out the favourite.

How do you dress or manage your appearance?
    Pricey enough, sexy enough, special enough (depending on what I can afford at a given time).

Do you like surprises?
    If good.

Is there anything else important about you that we should know?
    -
    Last edited by tower; 01-21-2017 at 03:50 AM.