Thread: Theory: Conflictor's abilities are what you covet most in yourself, not dual's

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think some would covet any ability that they think, in the moment, would help them cope with a complicated situation. I certainly didn't. I think conflicting types force us to think outside of our boxes, which can be uncomfortable but not necessarily bad. Our super-egos will force us to think differently inside our boxes, which also can make us uncomfortable but in a familiar way. Our duals are similar to super-egos except that they tend to offer alternate thinking in a supportive way, which doesn't get us out of our boxes. I think we tend be jealous of the ability to get solutions more so than actual characteristics. This insecurity in one's own abilities tend to be among the young or the disheartened......

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    I think some would covet any ability that they think, in the moment, would help them cope with a complicated situation.

sure, but that doesn't indicate that a person will default to their polr to figure it out lol no way in hell is my immediate thought .

I think conflicting types force us to think outside of our boxes, which can be uncomfortable but not necessarily bad.

I think this is a good thought, one likely rooted in experience. Although I will input that long conversations with the conflictor will probably go right over your head. The superego is better for this type of experience in my opinion.

Our super-egos will force us to think differently inside our boxes, which also can make us uncomfortable but in a familiar way.

not sure what you mean here but given my other response here, i probably agree

Our duals are similar to super-egos except that they tend to offer alternate thinking in a supportive way,

I disagree. some people are not supportive regardless of which IM's they're focusing on. Also, EPs and IPs from opposing quadas, similar? ehhh not sure about that.

which doesn't get us out of our boxes. I think we tend be jealous of the ability to get solutions more so than actual characteristics. use

I'm not in the slightest interested in the type of solutions that my opposing quadra would use. The focus on goals is completely different.

This insecurity in one's own abilities tend to be among the young or the disheartened......

k then

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@carrina

no way in hell is my immediate thought .
    I find that all types have this reaction; however, when all else fails, we start questioning our own processes and attempt to take an opposite view of our goals, perhaps in a joking way but an opposite view none the less.

not sure what you mean
    I look upon Quadras as boxes, which define the limits of a type's self-correction range. It's not Socionics theory so you can ignore.....

The focus on goals is completely different.
    Of course. However, when one doesn't achieve and someone else (perhaps of another type) does get it, then the first inclination is to say: "what has that person got that I don't have." Then one may either make up excuses and say woe is me, or attempt to duplicate some behaviours, i.e., when the goal is important enough - if it's not, then most will move on.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    SEE sx sp (8)46
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    @carrina

no way in hell is my immediate thought .
    I find that all types have this reaction; however, when all else fails, we start questioning our own processes and attempt to take an opposite view of our goals, perhaps in a joking way but an opposite view none the less.s

Again, this might be true for some types, not all. And for those that this is true for, its not likely that the response will be to think like the conflictor since they lead with the polr. superego is possible, still very unlikely for most people, and impossible for most.

The focus on goals is completely different.
    Of course. However, when one doesn't achieve and someone else (perhaps of another type) does get it, then the first inclination is to say: "what has that person got that I don't have." Then one may either make up excuses and say woe is me, or attempt to duplicate some behaviours, i.e., when the goal is important enough - if it's not, then most will move on.

Again, lots of types are able to do things that you can't, there's no way that the default will be to mimic the least likely types that they will agree with to begin with. For instance, an ESI isn't likely to try to achieve things by taking big risks, even when in a long term relationship with his dual the LIE, let alone by taking the extra step to mimic the conflictor to understand various options. They'd far prefer others do that. Without that assistance, the ESI isn't likely to start running around abandoning past goals for new ones just because they saw an ILE do that and get something they wanted. It'd be more like: "lucky bastard, stupid, but lucky, lord please never let me be that stupid."

a.k.a. I/O
    I think your suggestion is cray

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@carina
    .......extra step to mimic the conflictor......

I didn't suggest that; however, I wonder whether or not you have objectively studied yourself or a family member or a very close friend under very severe stress. I hope you have never had that opportunity but I think the results may surprise you.

a.k.a. I/O