Most type descriptions attempt to isolate the functions (e.g., Se Base is like this, Ti creative is like that), or they rely exclusively on observable behavior traits. I'm trying to avoid both of these. Rather, I want to talk about how I think about things and perceive things, and consider how "SLE behaviors/traits" might result. Isolating functions causes stereotyping (e.g., Se in the base function is all about force), and it neglects to show the "whole" of the SLE experience. Behaviors stereotypically manifested by SLEs can happen in many TIMs so it's crucial to differentiate between the outwardly observable behavior and the motivation/processing that leads to said behavior.

What I write below isn't organized in any particular way; rather, I'm throwing down my thoughts while I'm still thinking about Socionics so that these thoughts don't disappear into the abyss. Below is the first part. Many parts will follow over the coming months because there are a lot of things I want to write about. This post is about abstract object processing and time as space. Future posts will include my thoughts about physical object/space processing, talking about feeeeeeeeeelings, aggressor romancing and some of its subtleties (yeah, you knew that one was going to happen), what it's like to walk down the street, aggressive behaviors, intertype relations, and other things that occur to me the more I analyze my thought processes. If you have thoughts, questions, or topics you'd like me to talk about, just say the word.

Let's go!

I perceive unfolding situations as space, and events/objectives of the future as discrete objects within that space. The objects' locations depend on the proximity of the event. I exist in this space too but I don't think about that too much. Things that get in the way of future events/objectives are definitely in the space too, but they're closer.

For example, say I want to get a new job; the desired event of a job offer is an object in the distance. The other things blocking it are finding a job that's a good fit for me (remember that this process/action is interpreted as an object), and going through the interview process (separate related objects include preparing for it, looking the part, physically making the interview happen, charming the interviewers, extracting important information from the interviewers, etc.). I can see all these objects in space, but only in their current positions. It's hard for me to predict how the objects will move over time; I pretty much only see snapshots of the space. You can act on objects, dodge them, or wait for them to move/appear/disappear. Some objects act how you think they do; for example, there are never difficulties in finding a way to look the part for the interview. You just go out and buy anything necessary and then the "dress" object disappears, while the other objects shift closer. That's a new snapshot.

The SLE mind wants to eliminate all the obstacle-objects by whatever means necessary in order to get to the goal-objects. Some means are very natural to the SLE, while other means are really awkward for the SLE.

Some comfortable means:
Do a job yourself if everyone else will slow things down (e.g., don't ask for permission or others' preferences);
Get someone else to do the job for you if they're willing and will do it better or more conveniently than you can at the time (e.g., tell everyone you know about your job search intentions, and some of them will volunteer to make connections for you);
Confront someone directly about something, but only if you're certain that it won't cause any relationship/emotional backlash that you're not able to ignore

Some neutral means:
Wading through bureaucracy/paperwork (I don't like this but you'll do it if you need to);
Mapping out plans (personally, I prefer to be more spontaneous with my timing because my moods vary a lot (e7 related?), but I can do this when there are a lot of things to keep track of)
Charming people directly (it's hit-or-miss, depending on the person)
Taking others' opinions into account (personally, I care a lot about specific people's opinions, but not so much about others' opinions.)

Some awkward means:
Pretty much anything involving diplomacy/people skills, although this becomes slightly less awkward with age

The issues come when the objects act differently than you expect them to, or when they move in unexpected ways. This usually happens when using the comfortable means when awkward means are called for. As you may have noticed, the awkward means include having people skills. And since means are used to act on objects, you can deduce that people are also objects in this event-space. The SLE info processing definitely sees people as objects, but it's subtle and pervasive enough that most SLEs probably don't notice it themselves. I probably sound like a total douche, but whatever. I obviously know that people are people and I try to act accordingly, but I've come to notice that most SLE blunders or asshole-behaviors are because of the people-as-object information processing. Now of course I see my friends and loved ones as super people, but if they act as obstacles then my first instinct is to react using comfortable means.

The "snapshot" aspect of processing the objects in space makes me want to act on obstacles that seem like they're not going anywhere themselves. I always have the urge to do something, unless the object is unimportant or seems like it might do something on its own that can help me. The urge to act is another major cause of SLE blunders.

SLE self growth comes from learning to use awkward means and by putting in the effort to learn about other people. And also learning how to wait for things.

More to come, if there's interest.