Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
If someone is generally seeking attention, clowning around, being funny, acting ridiculous, etc. it will probably get my attention. Not necessarily though. For some reason the way Fe demonstrative types do this generally just irritates me rather than being amusing. (My general theory on this is that the demonstrative function is used selfishly, rather than for others.)

Flashy clothing and any attempt to seek attention through one's physical appearance or displays of wealth and status are a definite turn-off -- but my idea of what is flashy probably includes way more than it does for many people (including @Chae).

The other way is if someone starts dropping some knowledge that I didn't know already...instant attention. But that's a lot more difficult to find.
OoohoooOOhhh I love the shade actually

But I get the point, your theory about the demonstrative seems useful here. I was reading between the lines, you like someone who uses their Fe in an altruistic manner, which is always the case in any ESE. I experienced them as quite sacrificial so far in emotional regards, aka some "emotional labor" is going on. When I clown around and so on, it's usually acknowledgement-seeking instead of just for entertainment's sake. As in, wanting the mood to be good for everyone and helping them out with it. I care about the mood being good in my small influence zone so I won't get clapback, while I generously give advice on what has potential, what should be developed etc, I can pour a bucket of that over someone's head with no self-interest because it's so easy and gratifying to see that it helps the person.