Thread: How to develop yourself for personal growth(Socionics)

Threaded View

TIM
    SLE 8 Sx
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb How to develop yourself for personal growth(Socionics)

This idea popped in my mind right now so I decided to write it down.

Well as you all know, a person will only grow in the realm of Ego-functions and everyone has 2 functions each.

There are base function and creative function in every sociotype.

Base function is 'what you are', creative function is 'what you do' if decribed briefly.

What I want to say today is if you want to develop yourself and be more effective, you should concentrate on your creative function the most.

That doesn't mean you should ignore base function(and you can't because it is your strongest function after all).

Here is why :

1. If you use your creative function effectively, you may control and develop your base function too.

2. As a result, you may not be in your super-ego functions domain more frequently because your creative function will make sure you are in your power zone.

To those who are not aware of themselves, they first need to find their base function first because it is the essence of oneself.

Base function is your 'true self', in contrast role function is not.

So if one found his/her base function, then it is better to improve your creative function to develop oneself.

This prevents oneself going to role function mode from base function because creative function is loyal to the base function.

Also, you wouldn't be so painful from your vulnerable function once your creative function is strong enough.

In short, you will become more of yourself rather than you are forced to be which is very suffering.

For example, base function is the 'warrior', and creative function is his 'weapon'.

Even if you are aware of yourself being a warrior, you can't be strong and grow without your weapon.

So the warrior needs to train himself physically and his weapon mastery in order to be effective and to push his limits to the highest!

It is also applicable to mages or ninjas who would concentrate on their spells and techniques.

They don't become powerful by thinking themselves like 'I am I. I am myself.' Rather they hone their powers and skills to improve and become themselves.

Well you may apply to other figures which you may find it more easy for you to think of as well.

For those who knows their own type but having trouble being or developing themselves should check their creative function rather than base function.

Summary :

Base function : "You yourself". It does not change.

Role function : something you don't want to be but forced to be due to not being yourself.

Vulnerable function : your worst enemy and try to torture and prison you by deceiving and downplaying you.

Creative function : Your finest and only weapon that will help and save you from your damned state.
    Last edited by Godric; 11-25-2016 at 03:24 PM.