Thread: Member Questionnaire (Cperdue)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (Cperdue)

Member Questionnaire 1 (Cperdue)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is the admiration of something physical, mental or emotional. Love is the recognition of ones’ physical, mental or emotional contribution.
    What are your most important values?
    Loyalty, ambition and compassion. It takes me a long time to develop real trust in somebody, but when I do I am totally devoted and expect the same in return. I also have a hard time believing in somebody that can’t believe in themselves. (Seems to have changed after a couple of bad relationships.)
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I think everybody needs to find faith in SOMETHING. I believe that the universe has a certain amount of energy. When plants, animals, trees, etc. are born or die, that energy continues on. I don’t believe, entirely, in reincarnation because I think the soul and biological/physical differences in species are what gives that energy meaning. I believe this because we can analyze the physical transfer of energy and if that energy is endless, the energy contained within our bodies must transfer in some way, shape or form.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    In an ideal world, having a military would be unecessary. Unfortunately, there is too much hostility in the world for that to be the case. War is nasty, but can be necessary if used to liberate, or to isolate a terrorist threat. Power, to me, is a word that can be used to measure ones’ physical and mental fortitude.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Culture is probably the most appealing topic of conversation for me. I love traveling and being a part of a new style of living. I find it so fascinating that everywhere you go, people have some similarities and some radical differences in terms of family, friends, beliefs, hobbies, etc. and nothing is cooler, to me, than being immersed into a way of life that is totally outside of the typical day-to-day life.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    I have a heavy focus on self-reliance and motivation. I believe that your mind is the most important thing in the world for you to protect and that, regardless of what happens in your life, you control your response to it. I tend to go in waves when in comes to physical health. I have trouble sticking to a diet or workout routine.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    I tend to stay on top of daily chores incredibly well, but when I am around somebody else that can’t keep up, it’s easy for me to become completely demotivated.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I like a films/books that requires quite a bit of critical thinking, or that is just exciting and comical. Lucky Number Slevin (PLOT TWIST) and Guardians of the Galaxy are a couple of my favorite movies. For books, I love the writing style of Kurt Vonnegut because of his dark satire and dystopian point of views.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I’m a sad/happy crier(sp?). A horrible breakup, people being united with loved ones, accomplishing a task that I’ve worked incredibly hard for. Basically, whenever I’m experiencing a true peak emotion. I can be very difficult to read because I, rarely, show my emotions. A good friend, family member, or a cute girl can get me to crack a smile, without too much work, though. Smiling is something that is hard for me to develop the habit of. Sometimes people that don’t know me well mistake me for being sad, or angry, when I’m perfectly fine.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    I feel that you create your own sense of belonging. What makes me feel that is being able to help others. Fortunately, I’ve been able to step into a role within my work that allows me to do just that and it has been incredibly fulfilling.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    My kindness has been taken advantage of several of times in my life. I’ve learned to be more reserved and have cut off many relationships in my life because of it. What I dislike? I guess it is hard for me to connect with somebody that doesn’t understand my analytical point of views, or dry humor.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    I am known to be very dependable and will put 100% into any relationship that I find fulfilling. I’m proud of myself for having the patience to put the right kind of people around me. There were about 4 years (after a rough breakup) where I had to fight my physical dependence for more friends, so that I could change my focus to finding people that add real value into my life.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I’m incredibly ambitious and feed off of other people’s energy. I am always looking for somebody else that has new or refreshing ideas and that can help hold me accountable in working towards the things I want to achieve.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Not anymore. Again, I’m fortunate enough to be working a job that is a constantly changing environment and that keeps things from getting dull. I did when I was working two jobs and unable to afford rent/bills, but I responded by finding something new and taking control of my situation.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I like when people show that they are invested in you as much as you are in them. If there is no reciprocation, I will quickly lose interest. I like all types of people, from the crazy party animals to the most secluded of introverts and feel that I have to social adaptability to connect with either.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    Again, I need to see that a partner is invested in me, like I am with them. This includes both physically and emotionally.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    My main concern would be to raise a child with great ethics and values. While I would love a child that wants to be involved in sports, I would want to encourage them to be able to find things that they love for themselves and support them 100% I think it is important for a child to be able to encouraged to make some of their own decisions while they are young, so that they are prepared to do so, when they are older.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Inwardly, it intrigues me to hear a different point of view that I may not understand. I will ask lots of questions to try to know their reasoning. Sometimes I can become frustrated with a view that doesn’t make sense to me, logically, but I generally can contain my frustration and outwardly show respect for their views.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I, typically, can get along with all sorts of different types of people. I think that a lot of people base their opinions and beliefs on an emotional bias. I think that the biggest social problem (in the United States) is the two party system. Almost everybody classifies as Republican or Democrat and, because of that, they allow their opinions to be radically generalized one way or another. Because of this, people do not do much critical thinking during the selection process of a candidate and are labeled in a category that may not do justice to their true beliefs.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I need to know that they are going to add value to my life, in some fashion. Some can make me laugh, some can push me to achieve my goals and some do both. Most of the time I can be very goofy and fun-loving. When I’m serious, sometimes they might not know whether I am, or not.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    Most of the time I am very conversational, but I don’t generally open up to personal beliefs, or feelings until I am very comfortable. I will, typically, find out what they love or believe in and try to hold on to that topic, so that they reveal more than me. (Probably a bit weary of trusting people because of past experiences of my kindness being taken advantage of.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy cow, that took a while! I’m hoping that one of you fine people will be able to provide some analysis into my type. Thanks, in advance!

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cperdue View Post
    Member Questionnaire 1 (Cperdue)
    What is beauty? What is love?
    Beauty is the admiration of something physical, mental or emotional. Love is the recognition of ones’ physical, mental or emotional contribution.
    What are your most important values?
    Loyalty, ambition and compassion. It takes me a long time to develop real trust in somebody, but when I do I am totally devoted and expect the same in return. I also have a hard time believing in somebody that can’t believe in themselves. (Seems to have changed after a couple of bad relationships.)
    Values Loyalty = strong Fi
    Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I think everybody needs to find faith in SOMETHING. I believe that the universe has a certain amount of energy. When plants, animals, trees, etc. are born or die, that energy continues on. I don’t believe, entirely, in reincarnation because I think the soul and biological/physical differences in species are what gives that energy meaning. I believe this because we can analyze the physical transfer of energy and if that energy is endless, the energy contained within our bodies must transfer in some way, shape or form.
    Talking about the energy in the universe is an Ni thing.
    Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    In an ideal world, having a military would be unecessary. Unfortunately, there is too much hostility in the world for that to be the case. War is nasty, but can be necessary if used to liberate, or to isolate a terrorist threat. Power, to me, is a word that can be used to measure ones’ physical and mental fortitude.
    Power as a measure of physical and mental fortitude is a Beta view.
    What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Culture is probably the most appealing topic of conversation for me. I love traveling and being a part of a new style of living. I find it so fascinating that everywhere you go, people have some similarities and some radical differences in terms of family, friends, beliefs, hobbies, etc. and nothing is cooler, to me, than being immersed into a way of life that is totally outside of the typical day-to-day life.
    I have heard IEI's say this.
    Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    I have a heavy focus on self-reliance and motivation. I believe that your mind is the most important thing in the world for you to protect and that, regardless of what happens in your life, you control your response to it. I tend to go in waves when in comes to physical health. I have trouble sticking to a diet or workout routine.
    Ignoring physical health means not valuing Si very much.
    What do you think of daily chores?
    I tend to stay on top of daily chores incredibly well, but when I am around somebody else that can’t keep up, it’s easy for me to become completely demotivated.
    This is Se-seeking.
    Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I like a films/books that requires quite a bit of critical thinking, or that is just exciting and comical. Lucky Number Slevin (PLOT TWIST) and Guardians of the Galaxy are a couple of my favorite movies. For books, I love the writing style of Kurt Vonnegut because of his dark satire and dystopian point of views.
    Guardians of the Galaxy is the most Fe film ever, but it is mostly an Alpha film. Kurt Vonnegut is 100% Ni.
    What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I’m a sad/happy crier(sp?). A horrible breakup, people being united with loved ones, accomplishing a task that I’ve worked incredibly hard for. Basically, whenever I’m experiencing a true peak emotion. I can be very difficult to read because I, rarely, show my emotions. A good friend, family member, or a cute girl can get me to crack a smile, without too much work, though. Smiling is something that is hard for me to develop the habit of. Sometimes people that don’t know me well mistake me for being sad, or angry, when I’m perfectly fine.
    No immediate conclusion.
    Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    I feel that you create your own sense of belonging. What makes me feel that is being able to help others. Fortunately, I’ve been able to step into a role within my work that allows me to do just that and it has been incredibly fulfilling.
    A desire to belong by helping others. This might be enneagram territory. I have opinions about how well this correlates to some types, but nothing conclusive enough to state.
    What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    My kindness has been taken advantage of several of times in my life. I’ve learned to be more reserved and have cut off many relationships in my life because of it. What I dislike? I guess it is hard for me to connect with somebody that doesn’t understand my analytical point of views, or dry humor.
    Feeling of having been taken advantage of = Victim. Cutting people off is something I have seen in IEI's and in ESI's.
    What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    I am known to be very dependable and will put 100% into any relationship that I find fulfilling. I’m proud of myself for having the patience to put the right kind of people around me. There were about 4 years (after a rough breakup) where I had to fight my physical dependence for more friends, so that I could change my focus to finding people that add real value into my life.
    Changing your focus to fit the circumstances is something that IEI's and ILI's do. Ni-dom.
    In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I’m incredibly ambitious and feed off of other people’s energy. I am always looking for somebody else that has new or refreshing ideas and that can help hold me accountable in working towards the things I want to achieve.
    Uh, OK, I think this is IEI.
    Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    Not anymore. Again, I’m fortunate enough to be working a job that is a constantly changing environment and that keeps things from getting dull. I did when I was working two jobs and unable to afford rent/bills, but I responded by finding something new and taking control of my situation.
    What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I like when people show that they are invested in you as much as you are in them. If there is no reciprocation, I will quickly lose interest. I like all types of people, from the crazy party animals to the most secluded of introverts and feel that I have to social adaptability to connect with either.
    "If there is no reciprocation, I quickly lose interest." - Ni-dom.
    How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    Again, I need to see that a partner is invested in me, like I am with them. This includes both physically and emotionally.
    See above.
    If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    My main concern would be to raise a child with great ethics and values. While I would love a child that wants to be involved in sports, I would want to encourage them to be able to find things that they love for themselves and support them 100% I think it is important for a child to be able to encouraged to make some of their own decisions while they are young, so that they are prepared to do so, when they are older.
    This is IEI when they want to have children. IEI's tend to make very understanding parents.
    A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Inwardly, it intrigues me to hear a different point of view that I may not understand. I will ask lots of questions to try to know their reasoning. Sometimes I can become frustrated with a view that doesn’t make sense to me, logically, but I generally can contain my frustration and outwardly show respect for their views.
    Ti-valuing.
    Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I, typically, can get along with all sorts of different types of people. I think that a lot of people base their opinions and beliefs on an emotional bias. I think that the biggest social problem (in the United States) is the two party system. Almost everybody classifies as Republican or Democrat and, because of that, they allow their opinions to be radically generalized one way or another. Because of this, people do not do much critical thinking during the selection process of a candidate and are labeled in a category that may not do justice to their true beliefs.
    No conclusion.
    How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I need to know that they are going to add value to my life, in some fashion. Some can make me laugh, some can push me to achieve my goals and some do both. Most of the time I can be very goofy and fun-loving. When I’m serious, sometimes they might not know whether I am, or not.
    No firm conclusion, although an IEI once asked me what I could bring to a marriage.
    How do you behave around strangers?
    Most of the time I am very conversational, but I don’t generally open up to personal beliefs, or feelings until I am very comfortable. I will, typically, find out what they love or believe in and try to hold on to that topic, so that they reveal more than me. (Probably a bit weary of trusting people because of past experiences of my kindness being taken advantage of.)
    Fe creative.

Welcome to the forum, IEI.

Now comes the disclaimer: I am well known for initially typing people either as IEI or as ESI, but I'm often wrong. I'm quick, but not always accurate. Hang around for a while and see what other people say.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

in case you want the good chance to be typed correctly then make the video
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...=1#post1096450

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for taking the time to give your analysis! I will definitely look into both and see how I feel that they align with my personality.