Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    I cannot stand American pastors. I've never met a single one who I didn't think was a liar in the deepest way possible. I do believe in prophetic dreams, but when they are aligned with dogma, it's not something true. It's the mind processing its dogma.

Were they not liars they wouldn't have used the manipulative tactics they did. They thought people wouldn't notice? They wanted power, and those ppl despite appearing strong in the most superficial way ever are the weakest of us all. They manipulated children, and for that I'm not sure I can forgive them.

Anyway this may mean I still have work to do. Although I'm at peace with this faith, I'm not at peace with its leaders and influencers. I see myself as weak, so naturally this problem arises for me. If I can forgive myself, then I can forgive others for similar flaws.

I know the history is burn people at the stake. Has this history been transcended?

Jesus died for what he believed in. He didn't hurt people. He didn't betray them as lifeforms. It was dogmatic aholes who murdered him.

Dogma is the enemy of living beings. It feeds itself from the fertilizer of their bones and decay.

Trying to convert others is wrong. It's sick. And I will have none of it. It's the total perversion of everything Jesus stood for.

Know that despite the history of persecution, the pagans still exist. They were destroyed but their spirit never died. They had their own belief systems and they were true to life.
    If you speak of "Televangelists" in regards to "American Pastors" than you're not wrong. They worship Mammon. Case in point, I think it was during Hurricane Katrina that people asked one if they could use their "megachurch" as a relief center. Bastard refused because he feared the joint would get looted. If I were him, I'd just issue witch tests to the biggest, burliest, ought to be a bouncer at a night club dudes I could see. The ones that passed get to guard the valuables and ensure nobody breaks shit for no good reason. There, fears of getting looted/vandalized solved.

This solution to an actual potential problem never crossed their mind. That or they were/are consummate sinners and, fun fact, sins make you stupid. They darken the intellect along with the soul. Therefore, the more you sin, the dumber you get. Thus, I assert, they do not serve God (save perhaps for the grim prospect of their lives serving as a warning unto others). I do caution against your hatred of "dogma" however. Truth is truth no matter how much we may find it to be distasteful. If a given dogma is "true" than we ought to admit that fact and act accordingly. In this light, attempts to "convert" others isn't wrong. Like I've said may times before, you do actually have a religion. All of us do. Are you confident enough in it to espouse it even upon pain of death? I know I am.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    If you speak of "Televangelists" in regards to "American Pastors" than you're not wrong. They worship Mammon. Case in point, I think it was during Hurricane Katrina that people asked one if they could use their "megachurch" as a relief center. Bastard refused because he feared the joint would get looted. If I were him, I'd just issue witch tests to the biggest, burliest, ought to be a bouncer at a night club dudes I could see. The ones that passed get to guard the valuables and ensure nobody breaks shit for no good reason. There, fears of getting looted/vandalized solved.

This solution to an actual potential problem never crossed their mind. Thus, I assert, they do not serve God. I do caution against your hatred of "dogma" however. Truth is truth no matter how much we may find it to be distasteful. If a given dogma is "true" than we ought to admit that fact and act accordingly. In this light, attempts to "convert" others isn't wrong. Like I've said may times before, you do actually have a religion. All of us do. Are you confident enough in it to espouse it even upon pain of death? I know I am.
    I speak to the churches I encountered. I speak to their lies. They can burn in their own conceptions of hell. I will NEVER believe them. They tried to screw me over as a child, and so far I cannot forgive them.

Every mind virus in my head, I'll consider it, but when I ultimately find it lacking, I am DONE with it. There is another mind virus in my head now. I am considering it, I am taking it unto myself, but know, if it fails my tests, it is over and done with. Assholes rule this world, they always have. And I believe you understand what I'm talking about.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I speak to the churches I encountered. I speak to their lies. They can burn in their own conceptions of hell. I will NEVER believe them. They tried to screw me over as a child, and so far I cannot forgive them.

Every mind virus in my head, I'll consider it, but when I ultimately find it lacking, I am DONE with it. There is another mind virus in my head now. I am considering it, I am taking it unto myself, but know, if it fails my tests, it is over and done with.
    It sounds like you were abused by the "clergy" of a Christian faith of some sort. If so, I am sorry. It is a sign of the Devil achieving his ends in regards to your sentiments though. Nothing pleases the prince of lies more than when he manages to corrupt the pure and spread hatred of the ultimate truths by doing so. I pray that you will find God in the silence of an earnest prayer.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like you were abused by the "clergy" of a Christian faith of some sort. If so, I am sorry. It is a sign of the Devil achieving his ends in regards to your sentiments though. Nothing pleases the prince of lies more than when he manages to corrupt the pure and spread hatred of the ultimate truths by doing so. I pray that you will find God in the silence of an earnest prayer.
    God is never found in dogma. Organized religion is always in question. Organized religion often = dogma. it's the force that has betrayed so many ppl, the world over.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

God is never found in dogma. Organized religion is always in question. Organized religion often = dogma. it's the force that has betrayed so many ppl, the world over.
    God is truth. Full stop. You let your negative experiences cloud your reason. I regret the pain you likely felt as a supposed exemplar/avatar of that truth violated you in a most unholy way. I cannot heal that wound by myself, but I must ask if you even believe that wound can be healed at all. For all sins, all wounds, can be healed if you believe in Christ...

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God is truth. Full stop. You let your negative experiences cloud your reason. I regret the pain you likely felt as a supposed exemplar/avatar of that truth violated you in a most unholy way. I cannot heal that wound by myself, but I must ask if you even believe that wound can be healed at all. For all sins, all wounds, can be healed if you believe in Christ...
    you who call people demonically obsessed for not agreeing with you... you expect me to see your points as valid? guess again. i am in extreme opposition to the religiously dogmatic.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

you who call people demonically obsessed for not agreeing with you... you expect me to see your points as valid? guess again. i am in extreme opposition to the religiously dogmatic.
    It is a test. I do not ask that you fully agree with me, just that you can even type out the words. I can fake an agreement with any position you propose save for outright and literal blasphemy and/or an endorsement of a blatant moral evil as the good.

For instance: "Knowledge is the ultimate gift". There, I typed out and posted a literal satanic gospel passage if we get right down to it. Now do likewise and post: "Jesus is the Christ and God has risen him from the dead."

I'd bet my balls you can't do it. Especially in this modern era of social media. Call my bluff and I post it all over Twitter and Facebook and boy oh boy, you think I hate you? Wait until you get the responses from your supposed "friends" on those platforms. The Death Cult is always most eager to consume their own .

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so sorry you have been exposed to lying churches and lying people in them. There are many such liars and false prophets - Jesus warned us there always would be! Sometimes they are outright liars, and sometimes they are folk who honestly believed and adapted these lies, and live by them, act on them, and defend them, as well as try to convince you that you must, too. (People seem to be extra-zealous about this in a case where they have adopted lies as truth. It's almost as if somewhere inside themselves they don't believe it, and they need to recruit you to their view in order to confirm their choice, rather than reconsider those beliefs, which is too hard, frightening, or seemingly impossible to do).

You have suffered spiritual abuse through these lies. Lies ensnare. You have rejected lies now and you taste the freedom from them and never want to go back there. In matters small and large, the truth sets you free.

Just don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. Keep seeking truth.

Every mind virus in my head, I'll consider it, but when I ultimately find it lacking, I am DONE with it. There is another mind virus in my head now. I am considering it, I am taking it unto myself, but know, if it fails my tests, it is over and done with.
    I pray, inumbra, that you will be able to sort truth from lies in whatever you are considering. God says that if anyone seeks wisdom, He will pour it out in great measure!

Assholes rule this world, they always have. And I believe you understand what I'm talking about.
    I think you are right. But in spite of what we see, ultimately God is Sovereign. He allows us to wallow in our own errors for awhile and reap what we sow. But these errors cause the suffering of innocents and therefore God will not withhold his hand of Justice forever. We can expect God to act.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"