Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    Indeed, true and earnest prayer never fails. However, I don't like to pray for intercession in such a direct and worldly manner. In my eyes, it elevates the political to the realm of the spiritual (A thing Fulton Sheen warned would be a final/ultimate temptation of the Church as we know it).

The true order is that the political flows from the spiritual. Politics is downwind from culture, but culture is downwind from religion. Therefore, we must all focus upon our own spirituality first and foremost. Would that we could become as saints as Jesus did before he began his ministry, tried by Satan in the desert and not found wanting by his Heavenly Father.

Kudos for recognizing the Rosary as a "weapon" Catholic Sister. Padre Pio wasn't wrong!
    End, I found this response so troubling when I read it that I couldn't answer it. Now it is the Feast of the Assumption, the day of the beginning of the 54 Day Novena, and even though I am hit with a distasteful bafflement at your words, making me want to avoid any more discussion with you on this, I am writing it. Because I have faith you are more than what you show here.

God says pray for everything. So, 'not liking to be direct and worldly' - when we LIVE this world, and when you are here writing about it - is NONSENSEICAL!

So, End, listen here to this prophet - a humble Protestant pastor, who tells us the chaos begins NEXT MONTH! Then it gets WORSE! And it's quite believable when you see the news, which you obviously do! It's 15 minutes, but GRIPPING!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAZGxTiX6bY

So End, while God's judgment is not inevitable, we can ask Our Blessed Mother to lighten it! There is DESPERATE NEED! The rosary is our most powerful weapon, and we need her power* now, to once again hold back God's hand of justice.

Look at the world of unbelievers you are surrounded by! They can't pray/won't pray because they don't see the need, but you have NO EXCUSE - especially not a totally LAME one! They are like starving paupers, and you are the fat rich man standing amidst them, who cannot give the tiniest handout to even one starving person, because you wouldn't "like" to. That is you, withholding the your power of prayer.

Here is an 11 min. discussion about this novena: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6Ej...ature=youtu.be

Here is a useful 20 min. video on how to pray this Novena with JOY: youtube.com/watch?v=S_lEkmWSv6M It is truly inspiring.

This starts today, but God isn't going to discount a late start. Just don't be late without reason!

* Mary is so loved by the Holy Trinity that all she has to do is sigh and they rush to do her bidding. A Saint said that; I forgot which one. Sounds like St. Alphonse Liguori. Or maybe St. Louis de Montfort.
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 08-16-2020 at 02:45 AM.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"