Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    yes these demonically obsessed people are everywhere. excuse me, satan needs to burp through my mouth, i'll be back later.
    That'd be a very crude, base, and frankly offensively ignorant example of possession. Perhaps you're trying to make a caricature of it? He'd be doing far more than that if you were actually possessed and it wouldn't be just because he needed to let out some gas if ya catch my meaning. It would have a far deeper purpose than that. In fact, it could be in order to secure your salvation. Interesting note: the possessed lose control of their bodies, but not their soul. The demons can only gain control of that if you willfully allow them to. That is, to subjugate yourself to the demons of your own free will.

Indeed, Exorcists tell of how they've forced demons to admit their works further God's desire for the salvation of souls. Doctrine teaches that Jesus has absolute dominion over them all. This is another thing Exorcists can verify. The power they concretely display is not their own. As Father Chad Ripperger eloquently put it, when he walks into a room with a demon it's not afraid of him at all. However, he doesn't walk into that room alone. He walks in with a 500 pound gorilla by his side, and that gorilla's name is Jesus Christ. There are no words that can adequately describe to us how afraid they are of him.

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    Hence the demoncratic party?
    The leadership of both parties are clearly of the world and submit themselves to the lord of this world. If you think I believe the GOP to be "the party of God" and the Democrats to be "the party of Satan" you're gravely mistaken. Both serve the great enemy. The real question is whether or not an individual politician is serving the good of this nation in whatever capacity you'd imagine "the good" to be. In my view? Precious few.

Trump is BTW, but only because his actions and mere presence are causing the masks to slip off so many others. He himself isn't doing too good of a job on the front I mentioned divorced from that. But, since it currently isn't, he's doing a damn good job. It's like the inversion of the saying: "The purpose of your life may be to serve as a warning to others"

He's making quite a lot of folks expose/express their purpose pretty damn clearly if ya catch my meaning. Trump Derangement Syndrome is a thing after all.
    Last edited by End; 08-10-2020 at 06:07 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    That'd be a very crude, base, and frankly offensively ignorant example of possession. Perhaps you're trying to make a caricature of it? He'd be doing far more than that if you were actually possessed and it wouldn't be just because he needed to let out some gas if ya catch my meaning. It would have a far deeper purpose than that. In fact, it could be in order to secure your salvation. Interesting note: the possessed lose control of their bodies, but not their soul. The demons can only gain control of that if you willfully allow them to. That is, to subjugate yourself to the demons of your own free will.

Indeed, Exorcists tell of how they've forced demons to admit their works further God's desire for the salvation of souls. Doctrine teaches that Jesus has absolute dominion over them all. This is another thing Exorcists can verify. The power they concretely display is not their own. As Father Chad Ripperger eloquently put it, when he walks into a room with a demon it's not afraid of him at all. However, he doesn't walk into that room alone. He walks in with a 500 pound gorilla by his side, and that gorilla's name is Jesus Christ. There are no words that can adequately describe to us how afraid they are of him.
    Have your words back: "Demonic Possession is different from Demonic Obsession. Hollywood has lied to you and I'd implore you to look up what each term actually means.

He is, far as I can tell, Demonically Obsessed. As are a frighteningly number of souls in the west and indeed the world over..."

You're strawmanning BTW. I am not criticizing the notion of possession. I did specifically use the word obsession. If you were unable to notice the difference between these two words that look almost the same and are easy to mistake visually when one is reading fast, then I will probably simply assume you did notice the difference between them and need my help clearing up these concepts. Thankfully you already helped another lost soul clear up this unholy confusion.

But back to strawmanning. I am criticizing the frivolous use of such terms from you against others (you implied I'm satanic - following the satanic theology - after all as though you have the authority of Jesus Christ himself, who never used the concept of possession to accuse people and instead tried to heal them), which is why I was incredibly frivolous in the post you are quoting.

You might think I just used an unfair frivolous argument tactic because although I used the word "obsession," satan burping through my mouth is like this hollywood possession. But sigh. That's what happens when things are so frivolous. Frivolous points are made. I pray you can find your way out of the darkness (only I am able to see the light).

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    Have your words back: "Demonic Possession is different from Demonic Obsession. Hollywood has lied to you and I'd implore you to look up what each term actually means.

He is, far as I can tell, Demonically Obsessed. As are a frighteningly number of souls in the west and indeed the world over..."

You're strawmanning BTW. I am not criticizing the notion of possession. I did specifically use the word obsession. If you were unable to notice the difference between these two words that look almost the same and are easy to mistake visually when one is reading fast, then I will probably simply assume you did notice the difference between them and need my help clearing up these concepts. Thankfully you already helped another lost soul clear up this unholy confusion.

But back to strawmanning. I am criticizing the frivolous use of such terms from you against others (you implied I'm satanic - following the satanic theology - after all as though you have the authority of Jesus Christ himself, who never used the concept of possession to accuse people and instead tried to heal them), which is why I was incredibly frivolous in the post you are quoting.

You might think I just used an unfair frivolous argument tactic because although I used the word "obsession," satan burping through my mouth is like this hollywood possession. But sigh. That's what happens when things are so frivolous. Frivolous points are made. I pray you can find your way out of the darkness (only I am able to see the light).
    Flawless rhetoric, if you'd run for political office I'd probably vote for you on the basis that you're actually competent in that area. I must categorically deny I speak or even act in Persona Christi however. Only ordained priests can do that and I am not one.

My arguments are not straw men though. Many people on the left (and right because that explains why they won't drop demonstrably failed arguments and stick to piss poor tactics like, oh, totally ignoring the cultural sphere) get quite irrational for no discernibly good reason to an outside observer. Hehe, I just thought of something, a "flash of inspiration" if you will. BLM. I just thought of an "alternate" use of that acronym. Beautiful Liturgy Matters. The Latin Rite/Traditional Catholic Mass is indeed beautiful and I dare say that if more churches would offer it during a given slot of time within the week they'd see a great deal of interest and participation in that particular part of their schedule.

Post that fun observation somewhere a good mass of virulent/ardent Marxists and SJW's will see it. Hell, pretend to be like me, an ardent Catholic while doing so. The data you'll gather from that will prove me quite right in my assertions. You'll see what Demonic Obsession is first hand. No spelling it out for you by me required.
    Last edited by End; 08-11-2020 at 04:23 AM.