Thread: USA politics following Trump's election

Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange You are indeed correct in the implications you are drawing. Any true Christian thinking a Politician of all things is a prophet is smoking some damn good shit. Doubly so for a man like Trump who is about as "of the world" as you can possibly get. Counterpoint though, God really digs irony. Many saints were consummate sinners before they saw the truth. Augustine (a saint for our times lemme tell ya) uttered the prayer "Lord give me Chastity, but not yet". Saint Paul was, before that moment on the road to Damascus, the most effective persecutor of the nascent Church. God loves to take pure evil and make it serve the good (as even the demons do, for he has absolute dominion over them). It gives those with eyes to see hope even when all seems hopeless. The crucifixion being the ultimate case in point.

Still, can't wait for the next few years and what they'll bring. Cardinal Sarah is probably going to be the next pope (and rightfully so if you read his writings) and 2024 is looking like we may well see Kanye West (D) vs. Tucker Carlson (R). Boy oh boy, I gotta find a way to get enough money to become a majority shareholder in a popcorn company. I might shoot so far ahead in the race that I'll be able to pirate a spaceship for my descendants!

Well, get the materials and build it myself that is. At this point in the race, any "spacecraft" up for looting was built by the likes of the distended evil ones (i.e. cargo cultists). I ain't about to buy that bridge if ya catch my meaning .
    Last edited by End; 07-25-2020 at 06:48 AM.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by End View Post
    @Adam Strange You are indeed correct in the implications you are drawing. Any true Christian thinking a Politician of all things is a prophet is smoking some damn good shit. Doubly so for a man like Trump who is about as "of the world" as you can possibly get. Counterpoint though, God really digs irony. Many saints were consummate sinners before they saw the truth. Augustine (a saint for our times lemme tell ya) uttered the prayer "Lord give me Chastity, but not yet". Saint Paul was, before that moment on the road to Damascus, the most effective persecutor of the nascent Church. God loves to take pure evil and make it serve the good (as even the demons do, for he has absolute dominion over them). It gives those with eyes to see hope even when all seems hopeless. The crucifixion being the ultimate case in point.

Still, can't wait for the next few years and what they'll bring. Cardinal Sarah is probably going to be the next pope (and rightfully so if you read his writings) and 2024 is looking like we may well see Kanye West (D) vs. Tucker Carlson (R). Boy oh boy, I gotta find a way to get enough money to become a majority shareholder in a popcorn company. I might shoot so far ahead in the race that I'll be able to pirate a spaceship for my descendants!

Well, get the materials and build it myself that is. At this point in the race, any "spacecraft" up for looting was built by the likes of the distended evil ones (i.e. cargo cultists). I ain't about to buy that bridge if ya catch my meaning .
    Does your diocese tell you to proselytize to people on the Internet who don't want to hear Catholic Apologetics for Dummies?

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    I'm hoping Kanye's political ambitions (it requires focusing on one thing for a long period of time, challenging?) will sputter out and Tucker will have a paranoid breakdown (the "radical left" is a powerful force in his mind eating him up) by 2024. However, they both could be like, after having a crazy look-at-me! man in office (Trump) this opens the door for us! We can be irrational lunatics with more eyes on us than ever if we are president!
    I don't actually. Like I said, I must find a way to "go long" on Popcorn in an investment sense if we get a Kanye vs. Tucker race in 2024. I wouldn't care who won really, I'd be far too entertained! No matter who won, we'd all get a wealth of data on how this world works at the highest levels of political intrigue so concrete even normies wouldn't be able to refute the conclusions! That's a thing I desperately want and, I'd hope, most would. Tear away the veil of secrecy and reveal to us all who really ​fucked this world up.

Quote Originally Posted by Coeruleum Blue View Post
    Does your diocese tell you to proselytize to people on the Internet who don't want to hear Catholic Apologetics for Dummies?
    Fun fact, ALL Christians (ones that actually believe that is) are obligated to proclaim the good news of the gospel to any and all who may listen regardless of personal consequence. The blood of Martyrs, after all, is the foundation of the Church. It's been awhile @Coeruleum Blue. Adding a color to the end of your name doesn't exactly qualify as an effective disguise. I won't debate you further unless you pass a Witch Test. No sense in arguing with the demonically obsessed who do not wish to be relieved of that malady.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fun fact, ALL Christians (ones that actually believe that is) are obligated to proclaim the good news of the gospel to any and all who may listen regardless of personal consequence. The blood of Martyrs, after all, is the foundation of the Church. It's been awhile @Coeruleum Blue. Adding a color to the end of your name doesn't exactly qualify as an effective disguise. I won't debate you further unless you pass a Witch Test. No sense in arguing with the demonically obsessed who do not wish to be relieved of that malady.
    Yes, Christians are supposed to convert people, Captain Obvious, but the rest of this post is so full of shit I'm not even going to bother. The fact is, no one would want to convert to Christianity because of you and you know that, and you're not going to be martyred for posting anonymously on the Internet in a Christian culture. You live in lala land, completely disconnected from reality. Do you even work at Catholic charities or read Catholic philosophers or do anything your religion says you're supposed to do? If you do, you don't talk about it on the Internet, you just roleplay Spanish Inquisition, but unlike the Monty Python skits, everyone expects you to roleplay Spanish Inquisition. If you want to be a martyr go try to convert some Muslims in real life. Don't be a dishonest coward on the Internet who makes dumb assumptions about people just because you don't like them.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Christians are supposed to convert people...
    No. Christians don't convert anyone; people convert themselves, or not. We are supposed to witness, even unto death, the truth. Just as Jesus did, stating the truth, not trying to convince anyone, as some obviously some folk are hardened to truth. (Or they ask: What is truth? As if it does not exist). Christians have received good news, the light and the truth, and e have it because we heard oit from others who told it, at some point in our lives. And we are not supposed to hide it unto ourselves, even though under threat of persecution. Because people deserve to hear it.

The fact is, no one would want to convert to Christianity because of you and you know that...
    Wow, what types are you two? Conflictors? Or are you his supervisor? So nasty.

and you're not going to be martyred for posting anonymously on the Internet in a Christian culture. You live in lala land, completely disconnected from reality. Do you even work at Catholic charities or read Catholic philosophers or do anything your religion says you're supposed to do? If you do, you don't talk about it on the Internet, you just role play Spanish Inquisition, but unlike the Monty Python skits, everyone expects you to role play Spanish Inquisition. If you want to be a martyr go try to convert some Muslims in real life. Don't be a dishonest coward on the Internet who makes dumb assumptions about people just because you don't like them.
    So much vitriol. Why? Lots of people are anonymous on the internet - like, yourself! Often we are anonymous because we desire freedom of speech, and some topics are barred from our real life jobs and social situations. Like - politics and religion?

It must be you with their head in the sand, as who can look around and call this a Christian culture anymore? It is rapidly turning over on it's belly to anti-Christian. Yes, this our nation was founded on Christian values and like all nations and cultures built on Christian values and morals we have been GREAT because of that. But now we are entering ant-Christianity, and like all such civilizations, ours is clearly DYING. Death of Christians is on the near horizon because we won't renounce the truth even unto death, and Christians will be pursued to death relentlessly. The communist-Marxist agenda of the Democratic party in America will hurry in the Communist regime. Trump can only slow the inevitable.

The Church is in passion, and like Jesus on his way to his cross, She is not attractive. Much ugliness. But Christ in His passion was still God, and the Church in her ugly passion is still the Holy Church founded by Him. Yes we will see her death throes, but God has said She will exist until the end of time, and She will. She will rise like a phoenix from the ashes for a glorious new Era of Peace, the Kingdom of God come to earth, which we pray for in the Lord's prayer. It is coming, and the blood of the martyrs of our time will be the seed of the renewed Church, the glorious Kingdom of God on earth.

Truly, it is the only thing worth dying for.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously he is not a prophet, but God uses cracked pots all the time. This cracked pot keeps standing for the things of God, while the other, against. God is going to soon allow us to reap what we have sown, and it's not good. Trump is our best bet to stave off the inevitable a little longer. But it's coming! Don't you know? Don't you listen to the Catholic prophets? You sound Catholic. Yes, Cardinal Sarah would make the BEST next pope, but a lot of bad is going to happen before the coming glorious era and the end of this degraded one.] There are plenty of faithful Protestant prophets too. They all are saying essentially the same thing. How could you miss it? It is nothing to eat popcorn over. We need to BRACE OURSELVES. There will be much death, but God does what He must to save as many souls as possible for eternity.

The horses are out of the gate, the seals are being broken, but still we can get the help of Mary, our Mother, with this 54-day Novena, never known to fail, beginning August 15 on the feast of the Assumption, and ending on the Feast of the Holy Rosary, October 7th. We are all praying for the intention of peace and blessings around the November election! I am sure you can see this is desperately needed! Without this Novena I shudder to think what November will be like! There are terrible predictions! We need Mary's help!

So please join us, End. Prophets tell us that Mary will be our refuge in these chastisements. She is the Ark of the Covenent, and she will be the ark of safety for anyone who flees to her powerful protection that God has entrusted to her. The Rosary is our weapon!

About the rosary novena: https://queenofpeacemedia.com/fifty-four-day-novena/

Timeline of events: https://www.countdowntothekingdom.com/timeline/
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Obviously he is not a prophet, but God uses cracked pots all the time. This cracked pot keeps standing for the things of God, while the other, against. God is going to soon allow us to reap what we have sown, and it's not good. Trump is our best bet to stave off the inevitable a little longer. But it's coming! Don't you know? Don't you listen to the Catholic prophets? You sound Catholic. Yes, Cardinal Sarah would make the BEST next pope, but a lot of bad is going to happen before the coming glorious era and the end of this degraded one.] There are plenty of faithful Protestant prophets too. They all are saying essentially the same thing. How could you miss it? It is nothing to eat popcorn over. We need to BRACE OURSELVES. There will be much death, but God does what He must to save as many souls as possible for eternity.

The horses are out of the gate, the seals are being broken, but still we can get the help of Mary, our Mother, with this 54-day Novena, never known to fail, beginning August 15 on the feast of the Assumption, and ending on the Feast of the Holy Rosary, October 7th. We are all praying for the intention of peace and blessings around the November election! I am sure you can see this is desperately needed! Without this Novena I shudder to think what November will be like! There are terrible predictions! We need Mary's help!

So please join us, End. Prophets tell us that Mary will be our refuge in these chastisements. She is the Ark of the Covenent, and she will be the ark of safety for anyone who flees to her powerful protection that God has entrusted to her. The Rosary is our weapon!

About the rosary novena: https://queenofpeacemedia.com/fifty-four-day-novena/

Timeline of events: https://www.countdowntothekingdom.com/timeline/
    Indeed, true and earnest prayer never fails. However, I don't like to pray for intercession in such a direct and worldly manner. In my eyes, it elevates the political to the realm of the spiritual (A thing Fulton Sheen warned would be a final/ultimate temptation of the Church as we know it).

The true order is that the political flows from the spiritual. Politics is downwind from culture, but culture is downwind from religion. Therefore, we must all focus upon our own spirituality first and foremost. Would that we could become as saints as Jesus did before he began his ministry, tried by Satan in the desert and not found wanting by his Heavenly Father.

Kudos for recognizing the Rosary as a "weapon" Catholic Sister. Padre Pio wasn't wrong!

TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed, true and earnest prayer never fails. However, I don't like to pray for intercession in such a direct and worldly manner. In my eyes, it elevates the political to the realm of the spiritual (A thing Fulton Sheen warned would be a final/ultimate temptation of the Church as we know it).

The true order is that the political flows from the spiritual. Politics is downwind from culture, but culture is downwind from religion. Therefore, we must all focus upon our own spirituality first and foremost. Would that we could become as saints as Jesus did before he began his ministry, tried by Satan in the desert and not found wanting by his Heavenly Father.

Kudos for recognizing the Rosary as a "weapon" Catholic Sister. Padre Pio wasn't wrong!
    End, I found this response so troubling when I read it that I couldn't answer it. Now it is the Feast of the Assumption, the day of the beginning of the 54 Day Novena, and even though I am hit with a distasteful bafflement at your words, making me want to avoid any more discussion with you on this, I am writing it. Because I have faith you are more than what you show here.

God says pray for everything. So, 'not liking to be direct and worldly' - when we LIVE this world, and when you are here writing about it - is NONSENSEICAL!

So, End, listen here to this prophet - a humble Protestant pastor, who tells us the chaos begins NEXT MONTH! Then it gets WORSE! And it's quite believable when you see the news, which you obviously do! It's 15 minutes, but GRIPPING!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAZGxTiX6bY

So End, while God's judgment is not inevitable, we can ask Our Blessed Mother to lighten it! There is DESPERATE NEED! The rosary is our most powerful weapon, and we need her power* now, to once again hold back God's hand of justice.

Look at the world of unbelievers you are surrounded by! They can't pray/won't pray because they don't see the need, but you have NO EXCUSE - especially not a totally LAME one! They are like starving paupers, and you are the fat rich man standing amidst them, who cannot give the tiniest handout to even one starving person, because you wouldn't "like" to. That is you, withholding the your power of prayer.

Here is an 11 min. discussion about this novena: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6Ej...ature=youtu.be

Here is a useful 20 min. video on how to pray this Novena with JOY: youtube.com/watch?v=S_lEkmWSv6M It is truly inspiring.

This starts today, but God isn't going to discount a late start. Just don't be late without reason!

* Mary is so loved by the Holy Trinity that all she has to do is sigh and they rush to do her bidding. A Saint said that; I forgot which one. Sounds like St. Alphonse Liguori. Or maybe St. Louis de Montfort.
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 08-16-2020 at 02:45 AM.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Eliza Thomason You do have a point. It is indeed too late to avert the full measure of a "judgement" from on high. We have all collectively sinned too greatly without even a hint of repentance. But, like you said, prayer can still mitigate the judgement. A good reason things have gotten this bad, after all, is because good Catholics have forgotten to keep the rosary and pray it on at least a daily basis.