Like think it twice but never, never learn. Vex's Avatar
    TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    I'm saying the skin tone doesen't matter much, its not what makes an Ethiopian the best long distance runner of the species. Also by categorizing every nation and tribe under one label imo we fail to recognize the rich diversity that can be found under said skintone.
    "...its not what makes an Ethiopian the best long distance runner of the species." Are you an alien? The species? Haha ;P

Seriously though, this ignores racial dynamics and societal weight from the past that carries on to this day, and must be dealt with in the present and the future. People can't just go "Let's forget everything and move on.". That's an outlook that is very rose tinted, since people have been born into a society with a history that has a lot of different racial dynamics at play.

Once again I do believe it's colorblindness and ignoring problems, and I personally find it to be quite reckless in the long term. But these are just my beliefs.
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

Model G: IEI-CNHD
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pirouette View Post
    "...its not what makes an Ethiopian the best long distance runner of the species." Are you an alien? The species? Haha ;P
    humans are just animals, like a cat or a dog, but we walk on 2 legs and do other advanced shit, doesen't mean we aren't just animals. lel I treat my cat like a human.

Seriously though, this ignores racial dynamics and societal weight from the past that carries on to this day, and must be dealt with in the present and the future. People can't just go "Let's forget everything and move on.". That's an outlook that is very rose tinted, since people have been born into a society with a history that has a lot of different racial dynamics at play.
    Ofc they can't, I won't forgive what western Europeans did to my country and people either. The shit we had to suffer though.. but I'm not going to punch every Frenchman in the face, burn their shit, loot and so on either.

Once again I do believe it's colorblindness and ignoring problems, and I personally find it to be quite reckless in the long term. But these are just my beliefs.
    I respect your beliefs, but its not a good reason to allow the looting, killing and vandalism to persist. Americans are just harming themselves, it makes for funny memes, but recent developments have been nothing but destructive.

He is right imo: https://youtu.be/YVIhRvkT8kg Crab mentality.
    Last edited by SGF; 06-08-2020 at 09:05 AM.

Like think it twice but never, never learn. Vex's Avatar
    TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

humans are just animals, like a cat or a dog, but we walk on 2 legs and do other advanced shit, doesen't mean we aren't just animals. lel I treat my cat like a human.
    Humans are animals, I agree with that. I would treat my cat like a family member, and I treat the other cats in the house like little family members haha.

Ofc they can't, I won't forgive what western Europeans did to my country and people either. The shit we had to suffer though.. but I'm not going to punch every Frenchman in the face, burn their shit, loot and so on either.
    Punching every Frenchman and making them suffer for things they personally didn't do would be pretty ridiculous. What I'm just saying is that I don't believe in colorblindness.

I respect your beliefs, but its not a good reason to allow the looting, killing and vandalism to persist. Americans are just harming themselves, it makes for funny memes, but recent developments have been nothing but destructive.
    I don't agree with looting and I find that incredibly counter productive. I don't think people should kill unless it's in self defense or to protect others. I don't think it's right for protesters and rioters to vandalize the property of innocents. However, the vandalism of government owned property and artworks, especially to prove a point? I don't really see that as a bad thing since these all support the system, and these can sometimes be quite moving imo.

Not trying to enforce morals or anything, and I respect your viewpoints as well.
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

Model G: IEI-CNHD
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL