Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    Are you sure, Adam; isn't he a little too physical to be NT? (not saying that us NT's all have to be weedy nerds, but the guy works out like 2 hours at the gym every day).
    I used to run track in HS and ran almost every day until my knees gave out. I also would go to the gym every day in the morning, and yes, it took about 1.75 hours to go through the workout.

I attribute his workouts to two things. One, he has enhanced Te and therefore enhanced Se and you are seeing his Se-HA. Take a look at a video somewhere where he talks about working each muscle just enough to win the contest. That's Te efficiency. Two, along with strong Te enhancing his Se, it also weakens his Ni. So he has arrived at a place in life where he doesn't know what to do next, and has returned to that thing (weightlifting) that brought him satisfaction at one time. I've been at that point myself. I might be there now.

Honestly, if making my body into a sculpted machine was what would bring me success, I'd be spending hours in the gym, too.
    I was actually talking to my doctor yesterday and I told her that I'm fairly sensitive to shifts in my mental state caused by drugs, but I'm not sensitive at all to physical pain. My body feels like a vehicle to get me somewhere, and it either does that or it doesn't. I went on to tell her that I once stepped on a large nail that came out the top of my foot, and just stared at it and thought, "Hmm, that's inconvenient."

Really, Schwarzenegger's treatment of his body in "The Terminator" is EXACTLY the way I look at my own body. I once accidentally sliced open the skin on the back of my thumb and looked inside and thought "Looks like chicken bones." I got my finger too close to some twin counter-rotating shafts and they pulled it in, but I pulled it back out. The skin on the sides of the finger just slipped off, like a condom. I'm pretty sure that's an evolutionary adaptation to being bitten. It hurt like hell but, eh, I still have the finger. Man, that accident filled up so many paper towels with blood. Rise above the pain, push the skin back up around the finger, wrap paper towels around it, press hard, and when the towels fill with blood, renew the towels. Ignore the feeling in your stomach, but pay attention to feeling faint. Lie down, feet above your head, so you don't pass out from shock.

Schwarzenneger isn't a great actor; he was just playing himself, minus smiles.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 05-05-2020 at 07:22 PM.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I used to run track in HS and ran almost every day until my knees gave out. I also would go to the gym every day in the morning, and yes, it took about 1.75 hours.

I attribute his workouts to two things. One, he has enhanced Te and therefore enhanced Se and you are seeing his Se-HA. Take a look at a video somewhere where he talks about working each muscle just enough to win the contest. That's Te efficiency. Two, along with strong Te enhancing his Se, it also weakens his Ni. So he has arrived at a place in life where he doesn't know what to do next, and has returned to that thing (weightlifting) that brought him satisfaction at one time. I've been at that point myself. I might be there now.

Honestly, if making my body into a sculpted machine was what would bring me success, I'd be spending hours in the gym, too.
    I was actually talking to my doctor yesterday and I told her that I'm fairly sensitive to shifts in my mental state caused by drugs, but I'm not sensitive at all to physical pain. My body feels like a vehicle to get me somewhere, and it either does that or it doesn't. I went on to tell her that I once stepped on a large nail that came out the top of my foot, and just stared at it and thought, "Hmm, that's inconvenient."

Really, Schwarzenegger's treatment of his body in "The Terminator" is EXACTLY the way I look at my own body. I once accidentally sliced open the skin on the back of my thumb and looked inside and thought "Looks like chicken bones." I got my finger too close to some twin counter-rotating shafts and they pulled it in, but I pulled it back out. The skin on the sides of the finger just slipped off, like a condom. I'm pretty sure that's an evolutionary adaptation to being bitten. It hurt like hell but, eh, I still have the finger. Man, that accident filled up so many paper towels with blood. Push the skin back up around the finger, wrap paper towels around it, press hard, and when the towels fill with blood, renew the towels. Lie down, feet above your head, so you don't pass out from shock.

I like Si too much and couldn't finish reading your fourth paragraph.

Anyhow, Schwarzenegger is often typed as Delta ST by socionists. I don't know if that's right, but it would certainly give him very enhanced Te and Se.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerxe View Post
    I like Si too much and couldn't finish reading your fourth paragraph.

Anyhow, Schwarzenegger is often typed as Delta ST by socionists. I don't know if that's right, but it would certainly give him very enhanced Te and Se.
    I thought he was LSE for a long time, too, but I changed my mind. I can't remember why, unless it had something to do with his performance as Governor of California. He seems more democratic than aristocratic, although that could be borderline. I just think he's more LIE-Te than LSE-Te. I remember someone saying that they met him on a movie set and during their conversation, he told them to "Show us your leadership abilities," probably to get some iced tea or something. That sounds way more LIE than LSE to me.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, my impression is that the character he plays in the movie "True Lies" is LIE.

And what should I write about my conflictor, the narcissistic "fact bender prevaricator" D. Trump?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Yeah, my impression is that the character he plays in the movie "True Lies" is LIE.

And what should I write about my conflictor, the narcissistic "fact bender" D. Trump?
    Consider that Trump is not primarily SEE, but is rather primarily Narcissist. Most SEE's are not like him at all.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Consider that Trump is not primarily SEE, but is rather primarily Narcissist. Most SEE's are not like him at all.
    Yeah, I know SEE who are not like him. But good to know that some disorders can be such a dominant part of the personality.
    To my impression he also have ADD and onset dementia.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then what’s the point of typology? シ

You don’t have to like everyone of a type, but as far as presentation goes, Trump is a fairly typical SEE IMO. He’s got great showmanship abilities, he’s charismatic, there’s questionable handling of money. And I don’t mean to insult SEEs or anything like that, but as far as narcissism goes, SEEs do tend to like the spotlight and to boss people around.