Hybrid View

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coeruleum View Post
    People can always try to steal, but theft being illegal does a lot to deter it, and nothing is completely impossible to reach.
    I don't get your point. Are you trying to argue for the sake of it? You use a new key for every session if you are worried about security. The sessions can last for a day, an hour or a minute. You do realize there are people doing illegal things on the internet right now which the government can't track? The only possible mean they have is whatever information the person willingly shares about themselves. Now that cryptocurrencies have been introduced criminals are even less likely to be tracked, which is why governments all over the world are trying to get into that business. If things keep progressing as they have then tax evasion will be a lot easier for everyone, not just the people who can afford it. Just imagine what else people could do.

Quote Originally Posted by FreelancePoliceman View Post
    When the government can destroy a company (or individuals) for using "equations that are impossible to break", you don't see a problem?
    I don't think the government is going to outlaw cryptography. They need it more than you do, to protect state and military secrets, etc. They can't realistically stop you from using it either. Social networks currently do more to undermine your privacy than the government does. But people still use their services willingly and provide them with the means to spy on everyone. I'm all for privacy but I think it's dumb to see it only from a government vs companies or individuals point of view, governments spy on each other as well, a lot has changed since Snowden showed the world what the US and their allies are actually doing. Whatever you think you are fighting for, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COOL AND MANLY View Post
    I don't get your point. Are you trying to argue for the sake of it? You use a new key for every session if you are worried about security. The sessions can last for a day, an hour or a minute. You do realize there are people doing illegal things on the internet right now which the government can't track? The only possible mean they have is whatever information the person willingly shares about themselves. Now that cryptocurrencies have been introduced criminals are even less likely to be tracked, which is why governments all over the world are trying to get into that business. If things keep progressing as they have then tax evasion will be a lot easier for everyone, not just the people who can afford it. Just imagine what else people could do.
    Cryptocurrencies and blockchain are actually not very secure and the main reason is decentralization. Don't anger the Leviathans.

A 'Blockchain Bandit' Is Guessing Private Keys and Scoring Millions
    There's No Good Reason to Trust Blockchain Technology
    Inside the Crypto World's Biggest Scandal