Thread: USA politics following Trump's election

Hybrid View

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An emotional reaction by itself is not sufficient justification for anything, there must be coherent thoughts underlying the attitude. Without any rationale supporting the attitude it just isn't justified.
    If an ethical attitude is valid than it can be broken down and rationalized over - hence the call for further intelligent commentary, which is just not there.

My statement is an emotional rationalization responding to an emotional reaction. You're the person attempting to pass this off as intelligent political discourse.
    My point is simply that you need to have clear, well formed thoughts... people who engage in this nonsense do not have those.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat1776 View Post
    An emotional reaction by itself is not sufficient justification for anything, there must be coherent thoughts underlying the attitude. Without any rationale supporting the attitude it just isn't justified.
    If an ethical attitude is valid than it can be broken down and rationalized over - hence the call for further intelligent commentary, which is just not there.

My statement is an emotional rationalization responding to an emotional reaction. You're the person attempting to pass this off as intelligent political discourse.
    My point is simply that you need to have clear, well formed thoughts... people who engage in this nonsense do not have those.
    Awe, so in a way you are telling me that you are reacting to my sentiments as though you are reacting to the sentiments of many in the news and media, as though they are one the same. You see someone who might share the views of people online and on TV and you conclude they come from the same standpoint. I'm assuring you I am a rational person who can come to conclusions on my own far removed from "herd" hysteria.

Trump is a tool, and this goes far past the surface ethical debates over comments like grab -em by the pussy. It's about his Machiavellian disdain for anything outside of making money. It's not hard to see a pampered play-boy with malignant narcissism who seems to hold contempt for anyone who disagrees and is spell bound on disrupting the efforts of many trying to improve your society. For instance toppling your socialized medical care. Further, the blatant hypocrisy in just about everything he says and does, for instance the endless stream of lies and bullshit, just rubs me the wrong way. There isn't much to envy, nor admire, in a man such as this.