Hybrid View

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129 View Post
    I hope he is the best president that has ever lived or will ever live so people would stfu.
    Me too, at least on some level. What he did or what he lead up to makes little difference, what really matters is if he keeps this global clusterfuck from detonating into a mass extinction event. Either we figure out FTL on this iteration and break out into the stars or we become yet another Tomb World for a more lucky civilization that got it right to study a few eons down the road.

I'm really hoping for the former, as the latter means your species was just a "statistic" as far as the Galaxy was concerned. A potentially very nice statistic for the Civilization that happens to colonize the corpse of a world you left somehow, but a statistic nonetheless. I don't know about you, but I'd rather my descendants personally introduce the Xenos to the awesomeness of Heavy Metal rather then some Archeological team discover a random data core that contains all the greatest Metal riffs that inspires some alien nerds to compose stuff that sounds like it came out of the mind of Ronnie James Dio. They wouldn't have the slightest clue of what I'm getting at there, but hey, humans reference human stuff. If we die and yet leave a record the aliens will reference us without any knowledge of who "we" were as we would wish to tell them. After all, we dead, they just came across a remarkably well preserved record of who "we" were in their eyes and/or cultural context.

Food for thought in any event. If ya knew humanity was fucked down the road no matter what you or your progeny did, how would you respond? It's an intriguing question. Me? I'd just go for optimizing the next century or so. If humanity dies over 10k years from now than I could care less. I'd rather make the next 1-2k years awesome for me and mine. But that's just me, I'm just a dumb ignorant redneck country boy after all. At least that's what ANTIFA wants ya to think....
    Last edited by End; 01-21-2017 at 04:31 AM.