Quote Originally Posted by Pole Ninja View Post
Idunno. I'm like Shrek now because I want my space, I'm not liked, and I'm very difficult to get to know. I'm burnt out and let down and already wasted invested time on the wrong men and developed trust issues. It would be hard to romance me at this point because I'm so paranoid about men's ulterior motives. I don't even know anymore what would work on me as an LSI.
I don't have any suggestions, just the observation that I may have fairly similar attitudes and reactions, and I don't want "romance" and haven't for a very long time. What I suppose I've usually wanted was more of a raw, direct meeting of minds and bodies with a lot of tacit recognition of how we are shaped (and misshapen) by society and family, so how people experience one another is always more an indicator and an approximation than a truth. Knowing this, I have a sense of how close or not-close I can actually get to another human being. There is always a limit, always something I cannot reach in another person. To assume otherwise is disrespectful.

So I don't think anything "works on" anyone else. With my LSI friends, I suppose I haven't really done anything except try to see as much about their reality as I can, and validate their experiences and point of view. I see things that appear fragile and strong in them at the same time, and I kind of don't try to touch any of that directly, but more invisibly um . . . I guess envelop it in some way and just let it be.