Hybrid View

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    Oddly, I don't find LSIs controlling. I might see them as niggling or rigid, but I can't imagine how they even might have the ability to actually control me. Is that why they're my duals? Why is that when ppl talk about LSIs, I find I see them so differently than people describe? Have I typed a bunch of IEIs as LSI?
    Very interesting observation. I think you typed them correctly! I have some thoughts on this. It's somewhat of a general question, let me map this out real quick.

So, control of any kind is Se. But! An ethical element is needed to make it personal. Se + logics controls facts, laws, topics, accuracy, systems, and so on. Se + ethics though... they know how to control people, hands-on. In a positive and negative sense, depending on disposition and context. I imagined looking at any SEE, they are the epitome of knowing how to allocate human resources for good or bad purposes. That would be "controlling". Do you know what I mean?

In your situation, you would actually be the one in control, ethically, aided by your Se HA. The LSI is more in charge of the situation as it fits into his or her framework of rules, making sure that those rules are not broken. In comparison to an SEE, who is supervised by exactly this framework, their approach is rigid just as you say. In a sense of keeping everything together instead of intrusively allocating everyone SeFi style. Did this help?

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Very interesting observation. I think you typed them correctly! I have some thoughts on this. It's somewhat of a general question, let me map this out real quick.

So, control of any kind is Se. But! An ethical element is needed to make it personal. Se + logics controls facts, laws, topics, accuracy, systems, and so on. Se + ethics though... they know how to control people, hands-on. In a positive and negative sense, depending on disposition and context. I imagined looking at any SEE, they are the epitome of knowing how to allocate human resources for good or bad purposes. That would be "controlling". Do you know what I mean?

In your situation, you would actually be the one in control, ethically, aided by your Se HA. The LSI is more in charge of the situation as it fits into his or her framework of rules, making sure that those rules are not broken. In comparison to an SEE, who is supervised by exactly this framework, their approach is rigid just as you say. In a sense of keeping everything together instead of intrusively allocating everyone SeFi style. Did this help?
    I'll have to think about it. When I consider my personal history, I would say I have a strong tendency to resist whatever SEEs might be trying to do, to actively argue with them, or to argue toward others that they should not do what an SEE is advocating. None of this has been very serious in nature. Sometimes it has even been comical! And we can generally patch it up. I tend to take ESIs more seriously, and with them I suppose either we align pretty strongly with mutually supportive ideas, or we split off and do our own things because we don't agree. The middle ground is narrow.

This is all to say that I'm not sure I easily see Se + Fi as knowing how to control people. I have to run back through my mental inventory of Gamma SFs to see how that might have worked from other people's perspectives.
    Last edited by golden; 01-09-2017 at 10:33 PM.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”