Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
Having spent over a year each in relationships with SLI's (your dual) and LSI's (your conflictor) I can say that I found LSI's to be slightly controlling, in the sense that they wanted to establish a clear hierarchy in the chain of command. When they found I could not be controlled, they stopped trying (mostly) to control me, accepted my lead, and just went with the flow.
My LIE ex also felt that way about me. But I never just went with the flow with him, I didn't accept his lead or anything like that. We just continued to fight over these things, though nothing too bad. I didn't mind the fights themselves, just if it was a pain in the ass to get something sorted, from a practical standpoint.

I've since thought that a lot of my problems with the SLI had to do with the fact that neither of us had the correct "levers" to steer or influence the other. I do think duals have these levers for each other. I've seen this in my own case.
Agreed. I did not have the Fi "lever" in my relationship with the LIE for sure. When sometimes I managed to be "Fi enough" that worked wonders. Same for him when he managed to be "Fe enough".

I'm enjoying reading about your voyage through the socion dating scene. With time, it could rival the one written by an LSI male about his experiences.
Ha, yeah.