Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
@Myst I think trying to dissect this too much is unhealthy for me because I am prone to making excuses for crappy behavior. I have run the scenario by several people and they agreed that he has concerning tendencies of being controlling and lacking empathy. I don't think type is the issue here. He did not take interest in me and my life before that happened and is overall very self-absorbed.
OK, I get you, it's fine, my goal was not making you make excuses for him, noo, that would be too much the other side Definitely don't be a doormat or anything like that. I'm just questioning that he's an actual narcissist instead of this being just a Conflict relationship with a perhaps less than entirely healthy LSI (which isn't necessarily outright narcissism).

I don't know about the empathy part, but otherwise LSI is an overly controlling type from the pov of an IEE. No question about that, I won't debate this with you that he looked controlling to you and he probably was in a sense. The Ti will be taken the wrong way a lot beyond this too, as shown in your posts on the issue about tone. I suggest if you absolutely couldn't take these things in him, don't date another LSI.

Not simply because Socionics says Conflict relations are bad but because in practice it clearly doesn't work for you. These things are pretty central to the LSI type and IEE tends to see them this way you describe it. EIE deals with all that Ti stuff better than IEE. Part of that is how EIE is able to influence them with Fe. Of course this still assumes the person does not have actual issues beyond type characteristics. I also speak from quite heavy experience about how Conflict relations don't work...

Anyway, no more dissecting, good luck with your ILE.