Thread: Delta & The Middle Ages

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    Has anyone noticed a connection where Delta quadra members are often more interested than average in the Middle Ages/Medieval period? I have two instructors at uni this semester whose interests tend to lie in that era of time, or slightly thereafter.

Not really, I've noticed Beta Introverts to be interested in medieval age basically due fantasy and romatical scenarios about Kings, Queens, war and weapons, sorcery and witchcraft etc. Middle ages are a good example of beta aristocratic society organization.

I think that history has an appeal to Deltas because it is already settled, just like the world that they are trying to live in.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there." ~ L. P. Hartley

I find the past interesting, but I would not want to live there.

I find talk about the immediate future (next few years etc.) interesting, but talk of the year 1 Million AD would bore me because it would be pure speculation. With fiction, I find historical fiction boring unless it has something imaginative about it - I tend to like stuff like "magical realism" or "alternative history" or "time travel", or which has characters informed by our own time. I similarly enjoy the Fantasy and Science Fiction genres but tend to prefer stories that are plausibly implausible - I prefer something which is not too dissimilar from our own world.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I think that history has an appeal to Deltas because it is already settled, just like the world that they are trying to live in.
    I've never been truly interested in history tbh. Neither most Betas, just like from all the ages they seem to like middle ages stuff more and therefore read more about it (just LSI nerds, actually). I know IEEs who are interested in history and have any impressive ability to retain facts about what they read or hear. I can enjoy listening to them telling me stories. From all, I care the most about practical ways to get things done to have Nice things. And not just "things" I mean learn new things, put My hands on some of it and get a deeper understanding about life.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Akira View Post
    I've never been truly interested in history tbh. Neither most Betas, just like from all the ages they seem to like middle ages stuff more and therefore read more about it (just LSI nerds, actually). I know IEEs who are interested in history and have any impressive ability to retain facts about what they read or hear. I can enjoy listening to them telling me stories. From all, I care the most about practical ways to get things done to have Nice things. And not just "things" I mean learn new things, put My hands on some of it and get a deeper understanding about life.
    What about personal history? Do you value your own history you have created so far in your life?

History has always been the most difficult subject for me to understand
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12