Quote Originally Posted by Soupman View Post
Excellent question and this took me over 4 years of relentless prodding on the matter, a simple fact I didn't want to accept but was forced to do so was that everyone comes out with a personal interpretation of Jung's ideas and there is no impartial metric of evaluation to segregate various interpretations, beyond what a person feels is correct. The similar semantics only obfuscate the deviations, ask the people for absolute clarity and everyone reveals how they actually understand the ideas thus precisely their actual personal deviation.

This stuff above is something you've correctly labelled as "descriptions", they amount to being substantiated rationalisations of whatever Jung meant in his esoteric writings. Everyone keeps trying to guess and people just end up choosing whatever they feel. There is no information to judge and discriminate between how people feel in the absence of robust evidence. All complex interpretations of these Jungian ideas all serve to hide people's subjective feelings about what they think is correct; furthermore, people only further confuse themselves with complexity trying to do mental-gymnastics that they overlook the collective confusion not in just themselves but everyone as they argue on what they want Jung to mean. The simplistic interpretation, which is correct & accurate, is that people arbitrarily drew borders around "descriptions" of what supposedly Jung meant is the only rational interpretation.
I'm having trouble parsing this last sentence, but as I understand what you're saying it's not true. Augusta was not merely trying to guess at "what Jung meant" based on her feelings, she arrived at socionics through observation of real people. Socionics is not just a philosophical system, it has empirical content. Jung was the starting point but needed to be modified to agree with reality. She writes herself:

"Therefore, I feel it my duty to warn that we have not thought up anything ourselves, but have just extended and elaborated on the provisions of C.G. Jung, though in the process some of them have changed beyond recognition. This happened as a result of studying the specific ways of thinking of individual people."

"There isn't a drop here of 'pure theory' that doesn't come out of our observations."

I can't speak for others but this has also generally been my approach and it seems to be the approach of many people who have investigated the theory thoroughly.