Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you feel around your benefactor?

Hybrid View

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Internally conflicted and somewhat inadequate.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Besides ESE, IEIs are the only ones I really consider as potential life partners, even knowing all the pitfalls of benefit relations. I have a lot of experience with my benefactors so I'm often willing to take the plunge.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DBlackGold View Post
    From what I've seen in other people, the benefactor can maybe give the beneficiary something beneficial? But usually the benefactor causes vague irritation while —to the benefactor— the beneficiary is attractive. This blows up when the benefactor is finally like screw this you don't even turn on the lights in my mind. Ftr I think this is a less common friendship than supervision

/limited information
    Wouldn't it be the other way around? The beneficiary is the one who is supposed to benefit from the benefactor.

I think one of my friendships is like this right now. There's a friend who seems to think i'm really cool and wants to be besties, but she kind of irritates me, although we do resonate on some things. It does in fact feel like she has some alterior motive in seeking friendship with me because she seems so overly motivated to get in good graces with me.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DBlackGold View Post
    I know how it's supposed to go, but that doesn't match up with how it usually plays out. If I tried to explain with model A, I'd say the DS function is deeply unconscious and the activity function is pleasant, maybe
    (disclaimer.. my activity function is either Fi or Si so maybe this pleasant thing doesn't apply to decisive rationals or Si creative)

*ulterior

Yeah I don't think anyone likes that..I mean mankind is designed to feel drawn to like darkness and evil or something, but I'm not sure this is socionics. Anyway you're lucky..I'd so take a friend right now, even sycophantic
    Oh yeah thanks for the spelling correction!

And yeah I hear ya, on both points.

I'm not particularly inclined to reject her friendship since she hasn't done anything bad to me, but I do feel the need to periodically keep the psychological distance in check. In other words, some things I'd do for other friends i feel more comfortable around, I might restrain myself from doing with her, only to not mislead her into thinking we're besties (which is what she wants).
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    662 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

truthfully,

[emo moment]I'm so used to being treated like shit that if somebody is nice to me I think they are being sarcastic. I don't believe it.[/emo moment]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12