Rhythm, energy, all kinds of depth, and no bullshit!

First two Megadeth albums were fucking great. First album by The Crown too -- live-as-fuck drums, vocals on fire, guitar leads out the ass. Anything Overkill did from Horrorscope on forward. Kreator on Hordes of Chaos! And when Exodus was on, they were unreal. Gary Holt's musical vocab changed my world!

Aphex Twin's Syro gets played through at least once a week, ever since I first heard it. Teebs and Biosphere for the vibes and layers! Amon Tobin's Foley Room gets play here too.

Ol' Dirty Bastard! Return to the 36 Chambers. Whole thing is ALIVE, and if/when your situation goes shit ass crazy, it'll be the most right thing to have on hand. Ja Rule covered a shit ton of styles I like on The Last Temptation.

Hole rules, and The Distillers's second album roared. NOFX! SLATFATS is the tour de force. Major key w/o cheese/sap/shit! Catchy w/o tons of repetition or dull spots!

My hard drive nuked a ton of my music, and most of the really good shit survived on my phone

Country has excellent guitar tones, and the layers are crisp and great, the lyrics can kill the experience. Don't be sad on purpose, not in that dull shitty being/grey way that has no path to grandeur, wtf! Any rap that is actually instructions on how to do a dance which serves to promote the initial instructions = dumb imo. And fuck all of that 90s coffeehouse weinerless-bro acoustic guitar sad sack shit to hell and beyond! Big exceptions made for Goo Goo Dolls and Spin Doctors (the drummer rules). I still have that non-rock dumped on me when I enter some stores; when the intercoms start raining diarrhea, it's time for me to get out!

New wave can rule, and Duran Duran has one of the greatest bassists ever! 2000s hipster relaunch of the genre sucked (like The Killers and stuff) because no one was good on instruments imo. Sonic Youth has amazing moments, fav to play straight thru is Sonic Nurse. Crazy Town was fucking underrated -- what world kills Crazy Town and ups Nickelback? Heavy mass music in late 90s and early 2000s was great until the Nickelback showed up; cool bands vanished, semi-cool bands got rid of their cool shit and filled the empty spots with Nickelback, and the decade sucked more.

Way too much to cover, and I like more stuff than I don't