Thread: Socionics types and Music Preference

Hybrid View

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Music has to be hypnotic and familiar, so my musical preferences differ when it comes to what emotions I am familiar with and what moods I can get into. I can't exactly listen to antagonistic and aggressive music, overly experimental music(which to me alot of the times feels emotionally void in that they try too hard to focus on interesting and distracting effects rather than mood), simplistic music where the lyrics makes the singer's life seem boring as fuck(this comment is 100% towards Country music) alongside music that is way too verbose and dramatic like metal music where the singers are all white with white beards in a white background (power metal) and they just cheesily yell everything as if yelling is an emotion. I think the common theme with my taste is that it's easier for my imagination and heart to get involved with music that doesn't force you to feel a certain way or is about specific events rather than relatable moods or values, or is just too boring or distracting. I love music that catches your attention but you can just listen to it while doing something else and it puts you in a zone.

The type of music that would be the polar opposite of what I like would be five guys in pirate costumes screaming the 5 most recent events in the main singer's life where the tempo never changes and he just repeats the same lyrics just so the details of his relationship are etched in my brain. A song like that would give me a headache and It's making me sick just thinking about it. Maybe I am not Fi valuing when it comes to music too personal and too boring

I listen to simple music too though it's just that it's usually not mundane or meaningless, Like folk music for example. Or anything with a simple melody but has the power of affecting you.
    Last edited by chrys; 02-12-2018 at 05:24 PM.