We all know that socionics originally came from Russia. And it's been mostly translated by robots, then fixed by humans. Yet I suspect it's still mostly word-for-word translation. And if it were to be translated from English into another language, it would be like running a word through Google translate a couple of times. And while that's good for a laugh, it could end up being very misleading.

So what I'm asking for is a cohesive, preferably-concise description/explanation of what makes each of the eight primary dichotomies different from their counterparts. Or what makes the people with those dichotomies different from those who have the other one. (I call this an outlandish request because this seems to be something people have argued about for over a decade and which hasn't been settled.)

When I try explaining the dichotomies, I end up rambling.
I know MBTI has stuff like this, but we know how evil MBTI is, so let's not degrade ourselves with any of that.

And I intend to use what I'm given to help translate the dichotomies. So if any of the multilinguals here have already translated them based on their intended meaning, please give me the words so I can start a collection.