Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    I wouldn't care that you are in love with conspiracy theories if you weren't a teacher.
    Not really. I honestly believe that while people keep secrets, for their own good, or for self-preservation or thier own power, they don't keep secrets when they get together, like in organizations. Organizations have no interests in self-preservation - only the good of other people! Also people are corrupt individually, but not organizations. They would have to conspire to do that, and conspiring is ridiculous. Power corrupts people, but not when the people get in groups. Something about the group brings out the best in everyone, and everyone becomes their ideal person becaseu of the group. The power of groups. Groups don't conspire.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Not really. I honestly believe that while people keep secrets, for their own good, or for self-preservation or thier own power, they don't keep secrets when they get together, like in organizations. Organizations have no interests in self-preservation - only the good of other people! Also people are corrupt individually, but not organizations. They would have to conspire to do that, and conspiring is ridiculous. Power corrupts people, but not when the people get in groups. Something about the group brings out the best in everyone, and everyone becomes their ideal person becaseu of the group. The power of groups. Groups don't conspire.
    Sarcasm?

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalist Pig View Post
    Sarcasm?
    I think the kool-aid is getting to me.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"