View Poll Results: what type is Elon Musk?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

17 20.99%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

3 3.70%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 1.23%
  • LSI (ISTj)

17 20.99%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 1.23%
  • ILI (INTp)

8 9.88%
  • LIE (ENTj)

36 44.44%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Elon Musk

Hybrid View

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI.

Tesla is a very beta company.

Can see where the LIE typings come from.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    LSI.

Tesla is a very beta company.

Can see where the LIE typings come from.
    How on earth is Tesla a Beta company? Because they forced their doors open early in times or Corona or because they don't hire non US citizens?
    How can an LSI be so creative and try to be so funny on Twitter and so on?

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    How can an LSI be so creative and try to be so funny on Twitter and so on?
    Your understanding of LSI seems superficial at best. Unlike Fe valuers, Te leads don't know how to be funny except by accident.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Your understanding of LSI seems superficial at best. Unlike Fe valuers, Te leads don't know how to be funny except by accident.
    Your understanding of Te lead types seems superficial at best. There are many Te lead comedians plus ironic jokes are actually more natural for Te types.
    Not only did you not consider that the definition of "funny" can differ from person to person, but also you did not read my comment correctly.
    I didn't write LSIs aren't funny. I wrote LSIs don't "try to be funny" on Twitter.
    Plus by "creativity" I meant "Ne creativity". In case you forgot, this is a socionics forum. It is obvious to me that Musk has strength in Ne.
    His favorite book as a youngster was The hitch hiker's guide to the galaxy from which he derived the meaning of life for him.
    My father is LSI, he makes a lot of political jokes which many people don't find funny. I find him funny.

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your understanding of Te lead types seems superficial at best. There are many Te lead comedians plus ironic jokes are actually more natural for Te types.
    Not only did you not consider that the definition of "funny" can differ from person to person, but also you did not read my comment correctly.
    I didn't write LSIs aren't funny. I wrote LSIs don't "try to be funny" on Twitter.
    Plus by "creativity" I meant "Ne creativity". In case you forgot, this is a socionics forum. It is obvious to me that Musk has strength in Ne.
    His favorite book as a youngster was The hitch hiker's guide to the galaxy from which he derived the meaning of life for him.
    My father is LSI, he makes a lot of political jokes which many people don't find funny. I find him funny.
    I read it just fine, the choice of words was part of the point. Your choice of "trying to be funny" implies you don't find him funny, which is to be expected for a Te/Fi valuer since Musk's humor is Ti/Fe.

I don't agree on "Ne creativity" - most of the ideas are obvious technical mprovements, the magic ingredient is boldness and driving force. Such as daring to start a private space agency and build sporty electric cars. We built a fast electric go-kart already in university with a LSI friend before the Tesla Roadster came out, the performance benefits were obvious. The battery tech just wasn't there before, but that's not Musk's invention either.

So his meaning of life is 42, really? Does reading those books mean someone is Ne? Most often I've seen LII's use that joke.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    I read it just fine, the choice of words was part of the point. Your choice of "trying to be funny" implies you don't find him funny, which is to be expected for a Te/Fi valuer since Musk's humor is Ti/Fe.
    Yes my choice of words were intentional, Musk's activity on Twitter is unlike anyone else for a person in his position. He is intentionally trying to seem cool by trying to be funny and chill there and by this strengthening his public figure and attracting the young generation even more to his products (which is understandable). Since I know of LSIs and SLEs whom I do find funny and as I already mentioned my own LSI father can be funny for me though not funny for many other people (think: German political type of jokes/jokes about religion), I would have to ask for examples for this to understand why would you think Ti/Fe humor is not funny for Te/Fi valuer?

Actually: my all time favorite band in my teenage years were Rammstein (Still like them a lot). Till Lindemann is definitely Beta aggressor. He writes the lyrics for the band. There are many puns and double sided jokes about religion, politics, culture and of course sex and I found it absolutely amusing.

I don't agree on "Ne creativity" - most of the ideas are obvious technical mprovements, the magic ingredient is boldness and driving force. Such as daring to start a private space agency and build sporty electric cars.
    True. There is an element of hero-like boldness. In a typology system where the LIE is called "the entrepreneur" I would question the definition of boldness here in terms of being Se related.

We built a fast electric go-kart already in university with a LSI friend before the Tesla Roadster came out, the performance benefits were obvious. The battery tech just wasn't there before, but that's not Musk's invention either.
    I don't understand how that is related? Musk is actually known to be much more of a business man than an inventor so that is no surprise at all...

So his meaning of life is 42, really? Does reading those books mean someone is Ne? Most often I've seen LII's use that joke.
    From personal experience, the books LSIs I have known read are more "realistic". They seem uninterested in reading many overly fantasy-based books and merely theoretical articles. "so what?/ what now?" is the question I have heard them ask when there is a debate on overly theoretical matters. I bought "Life 3.0" for an LSI friend and he still hasn't read it after many years; told me it's a nerdy book.

BTW when I was writing about "creativity vs LSI" in my previous comment, I was honestly thinking about @golden 's footer about Pinterest vs LSI

TIM
    SLE-C (ISTP)
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes my choice of words were intentional, Musk's activity on Twitter is unlike anyone else for a person in his position. He is intentionally trying to seem cool by trying to be funny and chill there and by this strengthening his public figure and attracting the young generation even more to his products (which is understandable). Since I know of LSIs and SLEs whom I do find funny and as I already mentioned my own LSI father can be funny for me though not funny for many other people (think: German political type of jokes/jokes about religion), I would have to ask for examples for this to understand why would you think Ti/Fe humor is not funny for Te/Fi valuer?

Actually: my all time favorite band in my teenage years were Rammstein (Still like them a lot). Till Lindemann is definitely Beta aggressor. He writes the lyrics for the band. There are many puns and double sided jokes about religion, politics, culture and of course sex and I found it absolutely amusing.

True. There is an element of hero-like boldness. In a typology system where the LIE is called "the entrepreneur" I would question the definition of boldness here in terms of being Se related.

I don't understand how that is related? Musk is actually known to be much more of a business man than an inventor so that is no surprise at all...

From personal experience, the books LSIs I have known read are more "realistic". They seem uninterested in reading many overly fantasy-based books and merely theoretical articles. "so what?/ what now?" is the question I have heard them ask when there is a debate on overly theoretical matters. I bought "Life 3.0" for an LSI friend and he still hasn't read it after many years; told me it's a nerdy book.
    I don't think he just tries to seem cool, it's just being himself and not caring if it's perceived as non-serious. I never thought about attracting the young generation but that viewpoint could have some merit. I just think he's enjoying himself, though, and that is just a happy byproduct. It causes issues with "serious people" just as much so I don't think it's a conscious strategy.
    I do think that many LIE actually are funny, with all that Gamma bluntness and vitriol. Saying that Ti/Fe humor not being funny for Te/Fi valuers was more just pushing buttons than a truly serious argument. Humor is a bit more complex than that.

Se HA vs. Se creative or Ni HA vs. Ni creative is the question here. Obviously he has to be pretty good at both, which makes typing successful people a bit harder. I think it is Se creative driven by a Ni vision and not the other way around.

I'm saying that no strong Ne is required to come up with these inventions. And I don't like too theoretical articles either, but it's not a problem at all to get into scifi or fantasy. For Ti, the important part is that the fantasy/scifi-world is internally consistent, not if it is realistic in our world. Starting to blend imaginary/realistic haphazardly and having no internal consistency at all is what bothers me. Having an interest in AI is not related to intuition, but might be related to intelligence.

What's a good example of Ne PoLR is to outright ignore possibilities that don't fit your current worldview or tastes, so I recognize very well that rejection of something as "nerdy" or "uninteresting" just out of prejudice. However, often I've noticed actually liking something I initially thought I would hate. Way too often the choice that I first reject (to narrow down by process of elimination) turns out to be the correct one.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a surprise actually how much LSI and LIE have in common despite all the differences, does anyone know of a thread for this?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1604 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's a surprise actually how much LSI and LIE have in common despite all the differences, does anyone know of a thread for this?
    There is an article by Stratiyevskaya about LSI-LIE Mirage relationships. I'm not sure it's on this site, but I think you can find it in Strat's site.

Don't be fooled by the fact that LSI's and LIE's can often be found in the same areas. They are very, very different people underneath the hood.

TIM
    SLE-Ti-N
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would agree there is a very similar lifestyle/taste in things. Deceptively similar even. But LIE has that 4D Ne demo...... that is a big difference, lol

That's part of why I think Musk is LIE btw

The Te is also really different i.e. it's more dynamic than Ti. It has disadvantages compared to Ti ofc, but this is its advantage.

And that is the other reason why I see Musk as LIE.