Thread: Ni, introverted intuition - the memory function

Threaded View

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    That's the socionics definition of it. Augusta's reasoning for calling it "ethical" rather than "feeling" is sort of obscure - her point was that logic is also a subjective experience, i.e. a "feeling." She didn't mean that is literally about ethics, in fact I don't know anybody who would claim that. In any case, it's not about "values" in socionics.
    Well, it makes more sense when it's about values, so I'll just go make up my own theory if it's not about values. I mean, I thought the whole basis of calling types rational or irrational was that the rational ones had leading functions that involved making judgments, thinking being about epistemic judgments and feeling about situational judgments (see here: http://wals.info/chapter/76), which are also called facts and values. If it's literally just about thinking or feeling we may as well go do MBTI and talk about how cold and unfeeling we all are since we're INTJ Masterminds. I could have sworn I've seen some authors make it about facts/values even if not all do though.
    Last edited by Pallas; 10-03-2016 at 02:51 AM.