Thread: Ni, introverted intuition - the memory function

Hybrid View

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not think Ne types really value memory. They want everything to follow the path that comes natural at the time and does not make leaps.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    I do not think Ne types really value memory. They want everything to follow the path that comes natural at the time and does not make leaps.
    It depends on what you define as 'memory'. I can assure you that Ne base types use a lot of it. However, when they are constructing a mental Ne picture of something, it is not specific memories they refer to, but the abstracts (essence) extracted from those memories, even though they might elaborate on specific memories to explain their insights. But this is not different from what Ni base types do. They too refer to abstracts extracted from their memories. The difference between Ne and Ni types is the type of abstracts: for Ne types the abstracts are static in nature, referring to the non-physical aspects of objects, for Ni types they are dynamic, referring to the non-physical aspects of processes or 'behaviors'.

Same thing with Se and Si: they too focus on certain 'essences' of phenomena, but again different in nature compared to Ne and Ni.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    It depends on what you define as 'memory'. I can assure you that Ne base types use a lot of it. However, when they are constructing a mental Ne picture of something, it is not specific memories they refer to, but the abstracts (essence) extracted from those memories, even though they might elaborate on specific memories to explain their insights. But this is not different from what Ni base types do. They too refer to abstracts extracted from their memories. The difference between Ne and Ni types is the type of abstracts: for Ne types the abstracts are static in nature, referring to the non-physical aspects of objects, for Ni types they are dynamic, referring to the non-physical aspects of processes or 'behaviors'.

Same thing with Se and Si: they too focus on certain 'essences' of phenomena, but again different in nature compared to Ne and Ni.
    Well you can not say that each element in themselves have a memory. That is like saying water have memory. Which it kind of got but not stored, it have a history. That is Ni.

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well you can not say that each element in themselves have a memory. That is like saying water have memory. Which it kind of got but not stored, it have a history. That is Ni.
    So tell me, which IE does not have a memory? Or to put it differently, which IE does not rely on memories and experience in attempts at understanding reality (or facets of reality)?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    So tell me, which IE does not have a memory? Or to put it differently, which IE does not rely on memories and experience in attempts at understanding reality (or facets of reality)?

One is basically memory and no IE have memory, the individual got it.

Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One is basically memory and no IE have memory, the individual got it.
    Okay, I get it. This is not an information exchange, but you fishing for applause. Smart ass.