Thread: common stereotypes about Si (introverted sensing)

Threaded View

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    Example: "why walk when you can drive?"
    lol just stop. that's also a terrible example. the XSEs in my family are fond of walking all the time, they walk fast, and they like to get in their exercise. i walk everywhere because i don't have a car, though i can take the bus - my decisions are made based on *time* usually. like seriously i'm trying to get rid of all the shit i can't relate to in this thread, not add to it.

eta: since it came up, i don't walk because it's more "naturalistic" either. my parents, both Si types are/were into that and i found it dreadfully dull. i rarely wanted to go on those excursions. there's more context to this of course in that my dad forced us to go on them. i never knew when he would say the excursion was over. he would cut strange patterns through the woods and i had no idea where i was. i tried not to complain because it would piss him off and he was explosive once pissed off.

if the setting was magical looking i might imagine it was 200 years in the past or try to use scenarios like that to entertain myself.

it's not that i don't like "nature" - i see animals as kind of like spirits, and i can see trees that way too. but also like every tree looks just about the same. my mom will often ooh and ahh out loud about flowers and birds, interrupting whatever we were talking about and it's like i've seen flowers before; i've seen birds before... meh. who cares.

i like observing crows but it's more of an experiment trying to understand more about their minds and consciousness. unfortunately i don't keep up with it well because i usually only am outside when walking to and from work or running errands.

i care about saving the natural world so it's not like i don't appreciate it at all. and of course it is amazing and beautiful, but i don't feel a need to like soak it in or something generally.
    Last edited by marooned; 09-26-2016 at 03:58 PM.