Thread: Type my friend ESTp or ENTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type my friend ESTp or ENTp

Okay guys, I have yet another "type my friend" request (I know, I'm annoying). I'll try to be as clear and descriptive as possible. Basically, there's this beautiful, beautiful man whom I have my eye on, and for the longest time I thought he was ESTP, but now I'm not so sure. The reason why I'm not so sure is because he's joined at the hip with his ISFP friend (the two are heterosexual, but I swear they must be lovers). So I'm not too sure how the dynamics of intertype relations works in this situation - they seem like soulmates, though, haha. But here are some of his defining traits:

very, very athletic (serious about martial arts, yoga, and any kind of outdoor sports; works out a lot)
    very earthy and spiritual (loves eastern religions and philosophy)
    charming and suave as hell
    loves to party
    very intellectual - has a strange, super-nerdy sense of humor
    spontaneous
    creative - always undertaking new writing/film projects
    loves video games, especially WoW

I can't post of a picture of him because I don't have one (and I think he'd kick my ass if I did have one). I'm still leaning ESTP, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was a closet ENTP. FDG, if you're reading this, your ESTP-ness and insight would be much appreciated . Farewell.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: estp or entp?

Quote Originally Posted by uninspired

very, very athletic (serious about martial arts, yoga, and any kind of outdoor sports; works out a lot)
    This would point towards estp but...

More defining traits. ESTps walk in a different maneer, they are more coordinated, you can see that they know how to place their legs and so forth. ENTps don't care much about this. ENTps can be into sports just awell as ESTps, though usually entps are more likely to join a team.

ESTps have a much more concentrated gaze. When moving an ENTp will look like he's staring into space, whereas an ESTp will look like he's lasering into space. Same, for example, when sitting in some place: an ESTp is usually darting his eyes around. ESTps always move their leg when sitting, usually. ESTps then to be louder than ENTps. Both are fast speakers. Body wise, ENTps are either the "stretched" kind, or a more solid one. The more solid one is dreamier than the streched.

ESTps laughter is imho much louder and annoying than ENTps.

ESTp: AHAHAH AUANBUUBNHABAUAHUUHAAHUUAHAUHAUHAUHUHAUHAAUHAUH
    ENTp: ahahaha

There are a tons of differences that amount basically to Se vs Ne. For example when arguing ESTps tend to narrow down the cathegorizations whereas ENTps tend to redefine them. This one is subtler.

It's much more easier to "irritate" and estp as opposed to entp. But it's also easier to make him laugh etc. Generally more emotionally responsive, both for the good and the bad.

very earthy and spiritual (loves eastern religions and philosophy)
    I tend to like eastern religions, but I feel that they're not adequate for my lifestyle-level of energy. Philosophy I like, though I tend to go in waves for what's about reading it.

charming and suave as hell
    How's his charm like? Words, or body language too?

loves to party
    very intellectual - has a strange, super-nerdy sense of humor
    ONLY super-nerdy? all estps have a rough, cutting edge that generally prevails over the super nerdy. Though when the goes overboard, we can go in nerdy mode. Generally, I'm rough when talking about people.

What about sexual matters and double meanings? ENTps are much less into it than ESTps. The latter places double meanings everywhere.

spontaneous
    creative - always undertaking new writing/film projects
    loves video games, especially WoW
    This can be both! Try answering to my questions
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm.. man, it could be either. ESTp + ISFp = illusionary ... hmm.
    If it was semi-duals, it would make more sense.

But based on what the info given was, I'd say ENTp. They really enjoy sports as well. But I don't see an ESTp making creative.. films/stories for their spare time.. whatever you said. Can't remember.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They really enjoy sports as well. But I don't see an ESTp making creative.. films/stories for their spare time.. whatever you said.
    Not unheard of. Hemingway was ESTP I think.
    INFP

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see films/stories, it would have been different if he said "heavy intellectual topics" or something like that.

What I find strage is that the guy likes yoga urrrgh. I can't stand that sport i prefer more active ones

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My guess is ENTp.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Creepy-aurora_faerie

ESTp: AHAHAH AUANBUUBNHABAUAHUUHAAHUUAHAUHAUHAUHUHAUHAAUHAUH

LMFAO!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTps walk in a different manner, they are more coordinated, you can see that they know how to place their legs and so forth. ENTps don't care much about this
    He's very coordinated, almost graceful (but in a masculine way). He walks upright with his head down, but I don't know about his gaze (I'll have to stare at him for a while to pick that up). As for his body type, he's very skinny and elongated, yet toned, muscular, and poised.

ONLY super-nerdy? all estps have a rough, cutting edge that generally prevails over the super nerdy. Though when the Introverted Thinking goes overboard, we can go in nerdy mode. Generally, I'm rough when talking about people.
    He's nerdy in some areas, but crass, goofy, and somewhat rough in others. Perhaps the nerdiness comes through when he's hanging out with his nerdy friends - he has like, four different core groups of friends, so he's always moving about socially.

What about sexual matters and double meanings? ENTps are much less into it than ESTps. The latter places double meanings everywhere.
    He's very expressive about his sexuality. He's constantly humping his male friends in jest, he caressed my boyfriend's leg when I was sitting next to him so that my ex-boyfriend would think I was doing it (my ex-boyfriend was really mad about this, but I thought it was hilarious), and he always uses silly sexual details to describe his friendships on the networking site we belong to.

How's his charm like? Words, or body language too?
    He's always giving hugs, especially to girls. He's also quite a smooth talker.

ESTps laughter is imho much louder and annoying than ENTps.
    He has a soft, yet expressive laugh.

So yeah, I'm still note sure. The whole relationship with the ISFP (and I'm not even sure if this kid is ISFP) really threw me off. Semi-duality would make more sense, but the other person isn't an INTP at all.
    One more thing about this person - I just found out is that he has a strange obsession with death (uh oh). So there it is.
    Thanks so much for your insights .

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTp.

The death obsession was the thing that gave me certainity. Beta quadra.

I also do everything that you listed right now. Yes, even caressing other male's legs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's ENTp, because they can come off as nerdy (no matter how cute and cool they are). No matter how hard they try, something slightly "nerdy" will slip through.

But with ESTp, the really won't seem bookish or nerdy no matter what. You could put them in glasses and give them all these books, and they'd still seem like a jock somehow.

So, I think he's ENTp, especially if it's an endearing, attractive kinda nerdy, huh?
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still not sure (gah!). Among the reasons why I wouldn't say ENTP is the fact that he's too suave and emotionally/physically expressive. I've known several ENTPs and many of them use their charm in a very detached way - rarely do they initiate physical contact as freely as this person does. They also seem to have a slightly devious look in their eyes, whereas this one looks much more focused. And when I think ENTP nerdy, I think NERDY (don't fret, ENTP nerdiness is sexy and endearing), i.e. Conan O'Brien and Stephen Colbert (to me it's painfully obvious that they're ENTPs, but I could be wrong). ENTPs have subtle quirks about them resulting from extraverted intuition, something that ESTPs don't exhibit. This character is not quirky - he's crazy - but not quirky. One more tidbit - he's something of an exhibitionist (loves taking off his shirt). That's all I can offer for now. I think I'll just let this one be - there's nothing more to be examined. Thanks again for your responses.

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know an ENTp and he is exactly what you described -- EXTREMELY openly affectionate... initiates hugs.. etc. Very suave.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uninspired
    Among the reasons why I wouldn't say ENTP is the fact that he's too suave and emotionally/physically expressive. I've known several ENTPs and many of them use their charm in a very detached way - rarely do they initiate physical contact as freely as this person does. They also seem to have a slightly devious look in their eyes, whereas this one looks much more focused. And when I think ENTP nerdy, I think NERDY (don't fret, ENTP nerdiness is sexy and endearing), i.e. Conan O'Brien and Stephen Colbert (to me it's painfully obvious that they're ENTPs, but I could be wrong). ENTPs have subtle quirks about them resulting from extraverted intuition, something that ESTPs don't exhibit. This character is not quirky - he's crazy - but not quirky. One more tidbit - he's something of an exhibitionist (loves taking off his shirt). That's all I can offer for now. I think I'll just let this one be - there's nothing more to be examined. Thanks again for your responses.
    All of the things you say about him apply to me as well.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, you're probably right. I guess I just really wanted this guy to be my dual .

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy is an estp

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like a teenager.
    asd

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I don't . But he fits the ENTP type description to a t - he's tall and lanky, the buttons fall off of his shirt, and he wears glasses. His clothing is refined and somewhat showy- except when he's at the gym (he wears workout clothes, obviously). One of the reasons I thought he was ESTP is the fact that he's very physical - he's always doing some sort of sport and loves the outdoors. I always thought ENTPs wouldn't stray far from the intellectual realm, but I suppose I was wrong (I'm INFP and am very into certain sports as well). He's also very elegant when he speaks and seems conscious of how he comes off to people. On the non-ENTP side, he makes very strong eye contact (apparently ENTPs don't regularly do this?) Grr, I have no idea. His writing seems more ESTP than his speaking. He reminds me a little of discojoe. That's pretty much it.