Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ISTp's view of ENTps: are ILEs evil?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    mmh. i had a conversation once with an entp guy about his girlfriends et cetera and he was explaining his problems et cetera. i find that (and he admits that) he goes for these artistic very emotional type girls. anyhow, he was pretty upset and i asked (i wasn't really all that pleased with his choices but i wasn't trying to hurt his feelings.) "so why do you keep going for these emotional, artsy women? why don't you go for someone a little bit less emotive?" always kind of a paradox to me that he goes for very emotional, artsy girls and then rejects all the negative stuff that comes with it. (someone here said that sometimes entps can act like they can do no wrong, yet they can also act victimized. it's not a bad thing, it's kind of sweet.)

anyhow, whenever i asked that, suddenly it was like... opening floodgates. is this an entp thing to do? did i hit the role function unintentionally?
    I think ENTp's tend to get stuck on their original experiences. I think that there is some immaturity or insecurity or something which makes them generate these unrealistic ideals out of people. you have this picture of the perfect woman, the ideal woman, which only you can see and save. Perhaps its the challenge, the overcoming or conquering of the ideal, im not sure, but it always causes pain.

I go for the pale, dark haired INTj girls. There are alot of them for some reason, so it seems. I am just drawn to it. But whenever I get in situations with them it always ends painfully, which is sad. I always think "if only it could have ended better... if only i had done something different"

But one criticism I always get is that I am trying to get pity from people. I never understand this because I feel genuinely justified in my words at the moment, or i think i am. I do though, I switch from an authoritative jerk to a pitiful lonely, and hopeless romantic. I never know whether I care, whether I can. I can't tell if I love someone or not. the only way I'm ever sure is if they give me that special attention I need, which is touch, kisses, and hugs and sweet-talk.

SO I guess ENTp's are really good nice warm people that like attention and also give attention. We can be mean though, and also pushy with what we want. This is where I'd say the role function would kick in. When I'm unsure how to make the first move I usually get very stern and might yell like "what is this?! we like one another, you said so, so why don't we just make out! NORMAL PEOPLE DO THAT!!!" and if I were attracted to normal girls then I could make out more, get that special attention I need... but since I'm so afraid of making the first move I choose the girls that are less likely to push for anything. Thinking this will guarantee success. nope, doesn't.

This guy you wrote about seems to have the right idea. I think I'll head down to the art department and find an artsy girl.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

asdf
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To implied

I think I might be misunderstanding something you said from another thread but have you found your type to be ENTp?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

asdf
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm totally in awe of ENTps. At times, it is an "Earth calling" experience communicating with them. It feels much the same as trying to contact a hyperintelligent pan-galactic non-corporeal sentience: It's hard to get through, but if you do, you'll realize just how out of your depth you are.

Of course, I've only met a few ENTps, so there may well be many that are not this way. However, it seems to me that ENTps seem "stupid" at first, or at least it feels like it, but are really quite smart "underneath". That mask only lasts for a short while, however. Once the ENTp stops acting warm, they start showing off intelligence (How much is strictly dependant upon the ENTp and situation).

So, I probably do not understand ENTps, either, but I can't remember any time I've been offended by one, either. The mistakes they do seem like what they are: mistakes. However, being their supervisor, it might be better for them if I stayed away.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

TIM
    ILE-Ti
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an ENTp I only lie when no one can get hurt. I'll lie all the time if we are playing a game of some sort. I play poker with my friends and can understand how people will react to every motion I make. I'll make motions which I know will elicit certain responses from people. As a single ENTp right now I find that I try to make every girl attracted to me. I can understand different girls motivation and will present myself accordingly. Not all out lying but bringing out and exagerating my good points that they will respond to. But for every more serious relationship I am %100 honest. That is the most important thing to me in a relationship and I'm honest even to a fault. If you are open and vulnerable to an ENTp then I'm almost positive that there is no way they will try to take advantage of you.

As for my understanding of things I agree with the conceptual gaps part. I like to have a working model of how things work and sometimes there are gaps. Where there is information lacking I will fill in information with my best guess in order to create something usable for the time being (and yes I'll do this unconsciously too). I know I can be wrong. It gets me in trouble sometimes when my Intuition serves me badly. But in order to operate at a high level I need to make those assumptions sometimes. And for the most part they are right.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eidos
    ENTP's may lie to get their way but at least in general they like most people and mean no harm to them... at least that's my experience... ENFP's, on the other hand, don't need much in order to "not like" someone. When that happens they manipulate to "neutralize" the other person.
    This seems to be accurate. By neutralize if you mean we try to make others dislike someone thats possibly true. In my own suttle way i will try make someone i dont like look bad and im probablly pretty good at doing it

I think the difference is ENTp's dont get as close to people as ENFp's. They tend to like heaps of people and go from person to person, and i agree they tend to like people more. Nothing wrong with that btw.

ENFp's take a while to trust people. Its correct that it doesn't take much for me to not like someone. It can be a fault. My friends often ask me what i think of "x" and i say i dont like him/her lol. I think we do it because we dont want people to get too close and use up all of our time. I value my close friends a lot and it takes a lot for me not to like them. The people i decide i like get special treatment.

ENTp's only seem evil to me occasionally because they are pretty cold. Now i understand them better, i dont expect any particular kindness. ENTp's are very awesome for getting things happening, they often like to make people "get off their asses".
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, of course you can't say something bad about all ENTps. From my experirence dating one though, he didn't happen to be so great. He really didn't see anything except his own perspective, and was very cold and calculating. Even warm gestures seemed to just be part of his logical plans for self-promotion. He was very concerned with his own feelings, and sensitive, but other's feelings didn't exist for him. He saw no reason to protect someone else's feelings or interests, only his own. It was probably just him, so hopefully I'll meet some nice ENTps that will improve my idea about that type.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12