Thread: Michelangelo

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Michelangelo

The type of Mr. Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni, uomo universale and art's most famous choleric?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I thought about his work and couldn't decide between Te and Ne. ILE-Ti it is.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My estimation is ESI but I don't think I know enough about his life to be sure. He seemed to have an odd mix of traits.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read a very large Biographical fiction in my teens and found him fascinating. He was very driven and focused, yet terrible with money and finding patrons. He hated patronage through to his bones.

I think he was a sensor and not a Fe ego type.

When he first became an artist, he quickly mastered his Master's technique and his brilliance got him both kicked out of art school and noticed. He was commisioned to do work, yet wouldn't finish his contracts before something else caught his artistic attention.

He got into sculpting on a whim and this whim payed off as he created some of the finest marble statues ever by the hands of man. His work at the time was next level beyond what other people had ever accomplished.

When he went back into painting he was asked by the Vatican, the Pope to do the roof. It was both one of his greatest achievements and his biggest personal physical challenges and it nearly killed him. He aged and it took him years and years to finally get through it. His debts piled up. He was always plagued by controversy. His health declined after the roof was done. Much of it was painted in the freezing cold. I've always sympathized with the man.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carolus View Post
    My estimation is ESI but I don't think I know enough about his life to be sure. He seemed to have an odd mix of traits.
    So I downloaded a epub file of a biography and it's already quite clear that he didn't really give a damn for Fi. SLE, perhaps.