Thread: How would an Si base hit EIE/LIE Si PoLR?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    SLI is pretty much a minimalist, and upbringing makes a difference. Being good with clothes is a matter how much your environment forces you to, or how much practise you have. It's like cooking for SLIs, it's not necessarily a sign, although when they learn it, they have great talent. Not innate one, it's all a matter of acquired skill/knowledge. What is it that you would rather pay attention to? Depending on how you define it, appearance is while taking care of your inner, personal comfort is the way, although it covers aesthetics - what is pleasing to oneself - as well.
    Yeah, I think that's how it should be. External aesthetics (appearance) is Se, whereas Si is internal aesthetics as in how it feels to experience something. I think things like color combinations and taste combinations may be more Se as well. I don't notice subtleties of taste or imagine what tastes might go well together, I don't think I'd be good at that. Instead my cooking successes have come from being willing to try interesting dishes that have potential, are easy to make and will taste good for what it is rather than how well it's prepared. Like poke, for instance. It's literally just rice, raw tuna, and avocado or seaweed, with some rice vinegar. If you make it, it will taste good because poke tastes good. I think Si perceives things in terms of the whole experience, whereas Se focuses more on the details. The whole experience of poke is that it tastes good. An Se approach to preparing poke might focus on the details of preparation and external aesthetics, arranging the ingredients so it looks nice and fancy, adding a variety of ingredients like cucumber, carrot, peppers, etc., and making the preparation look quick and skillful. Me on the other hand, I notice my fatigue when cooking so I prefer to keep things simple and easy such as using few ingredients so there's less preparation involved and I can conserve my energy. I'd rather go out to eat because I find that more pleasant than cooking.

The hard way, outcomes: yeah, this is -. What is his reasoning for blaming the person?
    I don't think he has reasoning, he is just anger-prone and externalizes.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by isptn View Post
    Yeah, I think that's how it should be. External aesthetics (appearance) is Se, whereas Si is internal aesthetics as in how it feels to experience something. I think things like color combinations and taste combinations may be more Se as well. I don't notice subtleties of taste or imagine what tastes might go well together, I don't think I'd be good at that. Instead my cooking successes have come from being willing to try interesting dishes that have potential, are easy to make and will taste good for what it is rather than how well it's prepared. Like poke, for instance. It's literally just rice, raw tuna, and avocado or seaweed, with some rice vinegar. If you make it, it will taste good because poke tastes good. I think Si perceives things in terms of the whole experience, whereas Se focuses more on the details. The whole experience of poke is that it tastes good. An Se approach to preparing poke might focus on the details of preparation and external aesthetics, arranging the ingredients so it looks nice and fancy, adding a variety of ingredients like cucumber, carrot, peppers, etc., and making the preparation look quick and skillful. Me on the other hand, I notice my fatigue when cooking so I prefer to keep things simple and easy such as using few ingredients so there's less preparation involved and I can conserve my energy. I'd rather go out to eat because I find that more pleasant than cooking.

I don't think he has reasoning, he is just anger-prone and externalizes.
    Yes. There's a big difference between what looks good and makes a visible impression/impact () - color combinations included - and what feels good and soothes someone on a personal level (). I don't think an SLI - Spartan Life Instructor is how I name them - would bother doing all this color experimenting, I mean what's the use? Their PoLR will disregard how they satisfy others on an emotional level while their creative is just too busy narrowing everything down. Do you have one rationalized process for dressing that you came up with? Maybe it's not one because the weather changes but SLI logics really don't consider "fun" redundancies. I'd expect a categorical system behind it, too. Perfect Delta function rundown: Interesting dishes with potential, efficiency, satisfaction - . I think details might not be the right word but I see what you meant. The relaxed takes it all in and adjusts for well-being, the aesthetic effect happens on the tongue. would really go on a tangent to make the food presentable - the aesthetic is for the eye. You notice your fatigue, I found it cute how you put that. There it goes, simple and easy . Energy conservation is typical of the ISTp, so is pleasure-seeking to eliminate disturbances. Could really be your type actually, the guess is good. At least I have to say, your profile picture speaks of tranquility already. The clock of the Socion describes SLI as the state where everything is finally at peaceful rest and without excess, that appeared fitting.

If he's anger-prone he has. People who are furious the way you described feel controlled, lashing out to regain influence. I guess he sees himself as the potential sick person in another (yep. externalizing right there) and wants to reject this so much, he ends up with an outburst as his outwardly projected self is out of control. The person he actually resents is himself. He's probably LIE, "illness prevents achievement and productivity". The object deterioration sounded like he had some economic-minded attachment to whatever was going on.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. There's a big difference between what looks good and makes a visible impression/impact () - color combinations included - and what feels good and soothes someone on a personal level ().
    Yeah, I love creating outfits and am pretty damn good at it. On the other hand, I'm not as good with how to "properly" take care of clothes and... that sort of intrinsic feeling for how to wear clothes and what effects clothes have on me, as a person, wearing them. Is this fabric breathable? IDK, check the label? Feel like that would go double for Si PoLR + Se HA. Like a girl who wears skirts all the time but sits like she's wearing pants. She's got an image in her head and the outfit WOULD look good but it's looking sloppy because she doesn't know what she's doing wearing it.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I don't know about EIE/LIE, but there are some people I feel are always doing things the hard way by getting super upset about every little setback and being too attached to outcomes. Will get visibly frustrated and angry if things aren't going the way they want them to, and make everyone around them upset. One of the people I have in mind also tends to be too harsh, lacks gentleness or sensitivity, and when someone is sick he often gets angry and blames them for it. He also reacts that way to physical deterioration of objects even when it's clear that it's just normal wear and tear and not anyone's fault.

I knew an EIE once but I don't really have any Si criticism of her. She was just kind of loud and pretty much my opposite, we had nothing in common and didn't get along well.
    The people you described in detail here, until you got to the point "someone is sick he often gets angry and blames them for it. He also reacts that way to physical deterioration of objects even when it's clear that it's just normal wear and tear and not anyone's fault", I could've seen them as LSI but that last part can be low Si. Taking this part into account, xIE (seen from an SLI pov) is possible.

At least I have to say, your profile picture speaks of tranquility already.
    The funny thing is, I don't see that sort of picture as tranquil at all. I must be getting very different information "aspects" from it. Interesting note, I've seen several SLIs put up that sort of quite colourful and aesthetic profile picture (incl. on PerC forums).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    The people you described in detail here, until you got to the point "someone is sick he often gets angry and blames them for it. He also reacts that way to physical deterioration of objects even when it's clear that it's just normal wear and tear and not anyone's fault", I could've seen them as LSI but that last part can be low Si. Taking this part into account, xIE (seen from an SLI pov) is possible.
    I had typed him as LSI actually, since he seems to speak confidently about appearance, clothing, and color combinations. But I could also see him as LIE. I don't know the two types well enough to make that distinction.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I had typed him as LSI actually, since he seems to speak confidently about appearance, clothing, and color combinations. But I could also see him as LIE. I don't know the two types well enough to make that distinction.
    OK keep him at LSI then, assuming that last part is your conscious Si base pov (LSI does neglect it a bit compared to Si base).