Thread: How would an Si base hit EIE/LIE Si PoLR?

Hybrid View

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by goldenbane View Post
    I used to fault socionics for not offering more solutions for overcoming intertype problems, but now I accept somewhat that the theory may be saying there aren't a lot of direct solutions, and the best -- indirect -- solution is to forge relationships with people who understand, accept, and value you, so that you have more psychological strength and resilience when dealing with people who have no clue what you're on about.
    This is indeed what Socionics is trying to tell us. That being said, Socionics can help deal with situations in the short term. E.g. in my job I frequently have to work with beta chefs. If they get angry for some reason and start an argument, the inclination of Alphas and Deltas is to come up with counter-arguments to explain why things are as they are. This is not what Betas-STs want to hear. So nowadays when I get into such situations I answer: "Yes chef, I will take care of it", without going into further discussion about who did what wrong. And at the end of the day call my agency not to send me to that place again.

I know a chef from a large locally famous hotel restaurant who has his staff walking on eggshells and easily goes into a tantrum if anything goes wrong. I made it into a thing to look him straight into the eyes each time I meet him and demonstrative say: "Good morning Chef!" Recently I accidentally left something in a place where it shouldn't have been and he found it, and he shouted "WHO THE FUCK LEFT THIS OVER HERE?" So I replied, "That must have been my mistake chef, I'll immediately take care of it" He: "Oh, no worries. no problem!" Some of the regulars then quietly said to me I was crazy for telling him I did that. However, I have the feeling that this chef is now walking on eggshell for me ;-)

http://mavericksocionics.blogspot.nl...ork-floor.html
    Last edited by consentingadult; 12-14-2020 at 11:20 AM.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking