Thread: How would an Si base hit EIE/LIE Si PoLR?

Hybrid View

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

i have a difficult time relating to certain aspects of Si described here... I think if I even have a sense of Si it is more intuitive than anything since I have little care to describe my sensations and get no joy from explaining them very descriptively the way say, a room decorator, wine taster, bed enthousiast, etc. might be able to do. Like I don't see the point when you could simply enjoy what you do instead of having to turn it into an intellectual thing. I'd hate to ever develop narrower tastes of what I already enjoy by trying to learn every minute detail that goes into them. It is like if you become a video game deceloper you enjoy video games less because they suddenly feel so ... fake and something you can't help but perceive as a project or a thing to be improved upon and critiqued than something artistic. Which is why I sympathize with the "epicurus" label for SEIs... Maximum enjoyment by not trying to ruin the magic of other peoples works by actually learning the work myself... ok that sounds awfully lazy and unproductively consumerist xP but it is true!!

that being said... I think id be the one to suffer from my conflict relationship... Id be very stubborn quiet and maybe roll my eyes at their efforts to make me feel guilty or shameful of my lifestyle

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chryssie View Post
    i have a difficult time relating to certain aspects of Si described here... I think if I even have a sense of Si it is more intuitive than anything since I have little care to describe my sensations and get no joy from explaining them very descriptively the way say, a room decorator, wine taster, bed enthousiast, etc. might be able to do. Like I don't see the point when you could simply enjoy what you do instead of having to turn it into an intellectual thing. I'd hate to ever develop narrower tastes of what I already enjoy by trying to learn every minute detail that goes into them. It is like if you become a video game deceloper you enjoy video games less because they suddenly feel so ... fake and something you can't help but perceive as a project or a thing to be improved upon and critiqued than something artistic. Which is why I sympathize with the "epicurus" label for SEIs... Maximum enjoyment by not trying to ruin the magic of other peoples works by actually learning the work myself... ok that sounds awfully lazy and unproductively consumerist xP but it is true!!

that being said... I think id be the one to suffer from my conflict relationship... Id be very stubborn quiet and maybe roll my eyes at their efforts to make me feel guilty or shameful of my lifestyle
    Imo what you just described -- living and experiencing sensations as they come, enjoying them where possible -- is very Si-base, and is something that can perplex and/or deeply bother XIEs bc they cannot understand or relate unless you explain and intellectualize it, which as you say you aren't inclined to do (and even if you do, it probably won't be in a way XIEs particularly like, and they almost certainly won't relate).
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra