Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
I don't really know EIE-SLI hit each other's polrs but I think I have a pretty good idea how SEI hits LIE Si polr. A stereotypical but never-the-less accurate example would be an SEI employee taking it easy at work while the SEI's LIE manager is stressing over meeting company productivity goals. LIEs often overload themselves with activities/projects they feel are absolutely necessary and observing SEIs getting off with living an easy life without doing anything productive towards society can fill them with contempt.
This is pretty accurate. The following is my imperfect memory of an exchange between an LIE boss and an SEI worker.

LIE: Did you meet your goals for this week?
SEI: Uh, no. I got involved with this detail and spent the whole week trying to solve it.
LIE (slightly amazed): Did you ask anyone for help? This is not a difficult problem.
SEI (languidly): No, I spent some time thinking about it, and I did some research into it on the internet.
LIE: But you didn't solve it.
SEI: No.
LIE: Look, we need your results for the meeting next week. This is important. We need to move on this. If you have problems, just come and see me.
SEI: ..........
LIE: Can you finish this by Tuesday?
SEI: ..........
LIE: Jeff?
SEI: Are you talking to me?

LIE suppresses desire to kill SEI on the spot, instead resolves to replace him ASAP.