I know an LIE who has made several self-critical remarks in front of me about how she doesn't know how to slow down and just enjoy the moment, referring to something an SLI said to her apparently once, years ago and doesn't even remember saying (but when reminded said that yeah, he probably has said that to her). She'll say something like, "Oh I guess it is like [SLI] says: I just don't know how to relax and take in the moment and just enjoy being here; I have to always be moving and I miss things. But, what can you do?" Every time she says it, it seems to me out of the blue.

She also takes his other criticisms seriously and personally, even when I can tell he doesn't mean them that way. I feel bad for her bc he hits her weaknesses without meaning to, and she really can't fight back -- when she loses her temper w him, he just shrugs her off and always seems to have the upper hand. (Not sure how much of this is supervision > Si-PoLR related specifically, but there you have it)

Quote Originally Posted by goldenbane
I walk away feeling bad about myself, though, and it doesn't appear that the Si types do feel bad afterward, though I can't know for sure.

A little off topic, but I have wondered whether, in conflicting relations, the extravert is the one to feel the burn more often. Fwiw, in my dealings w LSIs, I think I annoy them and they think I'm an idiot, while I find them more intimidating than they find me. Then again, maybe the introvert feels just as bad but doesn't show it as readily (and maybe especially ISTxs).