Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How would an Si base hit EIE/LIE Si PoLR?

TIM
    SeFi 485
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Slugabed

Hahahaha! i just clicked on that thread you linked - that is my brother exactly! He has conversations like this with his ESE girlfriend.

This:

SLI - How was your poop this morning?
    IEE - Fine
    SLI - Did you linger and enjoy it?
    IEE - No...I got it over with and moved on
    SLI - "Got it over with"? It's not a chore! It's something to be enjoyed, savored even.
    Yeah, he gets pleasure out of this experience, enough pleasure that he finds it pleasant to discuss with others...

And this is exactly why he conflicts with @Samson ... who always makes a sexy impression. Samson doesn't even let people hear his farts. We have been married for two years, and I have heard this happen ONCE. And we spend nearly all of our time together. ONCE!

My LIE friend is like this too. I do believe it's related to Se HA, and Si POLR. They both insist on making a clean impression.
    This forum is a haven for art, archetypes, typology and more! Join the tribe.
    ----> ARCHETRIBE.COM <----

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Volcano View Post
    @Slugabed

Hahahaha! i just clicked on that thread you linked - that is my brother exactly! He has conversations like this with his ESE girlfriend.

This:

Yeah, he gets pleasure out of this experience, enough pleasure that he finds it pleasant to discuss with others...

And this is exactly why he conflicts with @Samson ... who always makes a sexy impression. Samson doesn't even let people hear his farts. We have been married for two years, and I have heard this happen ONCE. And we spend nearly all of our time together. ONCE!

My LIE friend is like this too. I do believe it's related to Se HA, and Si POLR. They both insist on making a clean impression.
    Yes, exactly! It's that comfort he has with talking about bodily sensations, "sharing the love" in that aspect.. I'm so phobic to that lol. Makes me feel claustrophobic.

And it's true, I just CANNOT fart in front of anyone. Or burp or anything.. Even writing the words feels... just no. Low class? Not quite??? It's just.. ugh.. low. No one needs to see (or hear/smell) that. This is NOT something to be shared lol!! I'll leave this to people's fantasy.. or preferably I'll leave this idea of me even doing these 'things' to be erased from the universe. If anyone has to think of me in this context at ALL; my farts smell like paradise and roses in the rain.

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@Slugabed

This:

LOL, yeah, actually I'm pretty moderated in that because girls doesn't do that ya know. Also Its not like I really enjoy pooping . But I've heard bunch of dudes who feels really satisfied with that sensation, lol. I'm guessing its a physical gender related thing, who knows. Anyway, doing what your body needs when its really necessary can feel always good.

The thing is that I used to talk about those pretty normal things and my IEE was like "why are you always talking about that when we are eating?!!!"

and I was like: whats the problem? I always said to him that I didnt picture anything of what we were talking on my head, so I have no problem with just talking of it, but he apparently picture every single thing that we speak so maybe that's the reason.

I've problems with other things, for example overly negative ppl, ppl complaining chronically or criticizing others when we are eating (or ppl arguing on table). It really annoys me. I like to eat in peace, I think that table its not the right place for venting about others, specially when there are feelings and emotions involved.

And about EIEs and LIEs, yeah, that could be true. All the EIEs that I've known always strive for looking sexy and LIEs for looking neat and elegant.
    Last edited by Hope; 07-10-2017 at 03:24 PM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    How come?
    This particular rawness of the aggressive feelings is one-dimensional Se to me, I've seen it in many IxI's.

The specifics don't matter though, it's how he approaches it that makes him SLI. A willingness to getting dirty or not is irrelevant, it's his focus on his internal sensing experience that matters.
    Si is "focus on internal sensing experience", yes. That does not say anything about the strength of the IE though. Strong Si typically has no problem managing sensations - like @wacey said, SLIs can get themselves dirty alright.

Not saying the person in question isn't SLI, btw. Just noting this in general.

The section you quoted doesn't really need Se DS. Not everything is type related.
    OK, why is this one not Se DS, then?

(A few seconds later letting go of the straight face: fun attempt from your part anyhow. )

I insist on making a clean impression too. I guess the amount of neurosis linked to it can be type related (no real neurosis in my case).
    Last edited by Myst; 07-10-2017 at 04:46 AM.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    This particular rawness of the aggressive feelings is one-dimensional Se to me, I've seen it in many IxI's.
    Lol yeah, it feels overwhelming to them, out of control, one dimensional indeed. That's why I made fun of it, because apparently my presence was such a threat(!!!) to the SLI in question. The THREAT of VIOLENCE OMGGGGGG. Talk about mountain => molehill.

Interesting that that one line is what made you comment. Because sure as shit no IEI or ILI I've talked to enjoys my distress when people go and ramble on about any of that Si talk. It's something I share with my LIE brother. Keep that away from us, we won't stand to be "affected" haha.

Si is "focus on internal sensing experience", yes. That does not say anything about the strength of the IE though. Strong Si typically has no problem managing sensations - like @wacey said, SLIs can get themselves dirty alright.

Not saying the person in question isn't SLI, btw. Just noting this in general.
    I doubt anyone would type the guy at low dimensional Si based on my post lol. Function strength is obvious, there's no need to be "typical" in order to qualify. Else we might as well draw cartoons of ourselves and call it a day. I wasn't commenting on "all SLI's" anyway, just the way this particular one expresses it. Si and OCD et all. He 'manages' sensations alright!

TIM
    SeFi 485
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, why is this one not Se DS, then?
    Saying he's proud he didn't hit someone - someone he's related to and has to live with in a precarious, but temporary, family situation ..... doesn't indicate the placement of his Se. There are many factors at play here, and people are jumping to all kinds of conclusions. Ask him WHY he is proud he didn't hit him, or WHY they didn't fight ... then you might get somewhere in terms of type significance

In type-description-land, people are caricatures, but in real life, people make allowances and amends for the people they care about and need to live with. Not everyone has a privileged easy life and can just do what they want at all times, switch jobs when they want, move when they want. Him acting out in this case - or even approaching it at all (because of complex family dynamics) - would mean he'd have to go back to his country and never see me again.

I'm a very purposeful, in charge, autonomous person in general, and have been told I'm a strong leader in very complicated difficult scenarios in the world, but when it comes to this specific situation with my family & illness, I too have my hands tied. That said, I am more adept at "just the right amount of confrontation" than anyone else here lol. But Se HA is still not going to be fluid.

(A few seconds later letting go of the straight face: fun attempt from your part anyhow. )

glad you were amused, I meant it in kind

I insist on making a clean impression too. I guess the amount of neurosis linked to it can be type related (no real neurosis in my case).
    Yeah I'm the same as you here.
    Last edited by Volcana; 07-10-2017 at 03:42 PM.

TIM
    SeFi 485
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    LOL, yeah, actually I'm pretty moderated in that because girls doesn't do that ya know. Also Its not like I really enjoy pooping . But I've heard bunch of dudes who feels really satisfied with that sensation, lol. I'm guessing its a physical gender related thing, who knows.
    *shrug* haha

Anyway, doing what your body needs when its really necessary can feel always good.
    Lol you and my brother are actually quite similar. I've heard this speech from him before...

The thing is that I used to talk about those pretty normal things and my IEE was like "why are you always talking about that when we are eating?!!!"

and I was like: whats the problem? I always said to him that I didnt picture anything of what we were talking on my head, so I have no problem with just talking of it, but he apparently picture every single thing that we speak so maybe that's the reason.
    Ohh interesting! I guess that's why my brother does it too. I know for certain that he's NOT doing it with the intent to annoy people or be rude.

Some people had said earlier he sounds unpleasant or like he's doing it to upset people. Not the case. I know @Samson finds it annoying for good reason, but his standards for politeness and thoughtfulness are drastically different from my brother's, though both of them care about being respectful and decent. The dynamics going on here are too personal and complex to explain in full, but suffice it to say in my family, open talk no matter how gross is normal and rewarded, and my brother is doing this in the context of family dinners to which my husband is invited, and nobody has actually told him to stop.

I have never engaged in such talk. I don't even talk about my chronic illness symptoms to my husband day to day, unless it will affect him or our plans for some reason, and then I say it matter of factly and handle it on my own.

I've problems with other things, for example overly negative ppl, ppl complaining chronically or criticizing others when we are eating (or ppl arguing on table). It really annoys me. I like to eat in peace, I think that table its not the right place for venting about others, specially when they are feelings and emotions involved.
    This is my brother exactly. To him, it's more pleasant to talk about bodily functions than to get in arguments. Sucks to be him because my parents are Alphas (ILE and SEI) and their whole life is an ongoing argument.

As a kid, my brother would just vanish quietly from the table because of the three of us arguing.

And about EIEs and LIEs, yeah, I think that could be true. All the EIEs that I've known always strive for looking sexy and LIEs for looking neat and elegant.
    Mhm that's exactly it.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Saying he's proud he didn't hit someone - someone he's related to and has to live with in a precarious, but temporary, family situation ..... doesn't indicate the placement of his Se. There are many factors at play here, and people are jumping to all kinds of conclusions. Ask him WHY he is proud he didn't hit him, or WHY they didn't fight ... then you might get somewhere in terms of type significance
    It was the whole quote, I just cut the rest off (I did try to indicate that my comment applied to the entire quote by inserting "(...)").

My point was that I get this impression from IxIs (more from the Ni subs though), if they get into their Se, it shows as pretty raw like that entire thing. It does line up with my seeing him as a Beta introvert, but I dunno for sure if his type is up for discussion so if not, then I won't comment on it again.

In type-description-land, people are caricatures, but in real life, people make allowances and amends for the people they care about and need to live with. Not everyone has a privileged easy life and can just do what they want at all times, switch jobs when they want, move when they want. Him acting out in this case - or even approaching it at all (because of complex family dynamics) - would mean he'd have to go back to his country and never see me again.

I'm a very purposeful, in charge, autonomous person in general, and have been told I'm a strong leader in very complicated difficult scenarios in the world, but when it comes to this specific situation with my family & illness, I too have my hands tied. That said, I am more adept at "just the right amount of confrontation" than anyone else here lol. But Se HA is still not going to be fluid.
    I don't use caricatures.

Good luck to sorting out the difficulties in the situation.

glad you were amused, I meant it in kind

Lol yeah, it feels overwhelming to them, out of control, one dimensional indeed. That's why I made fun of it, because apparently my presence was such a threat(!!!) to the SLI in question. The THREAT of VIOLENCE OMGGGGGG. Talk about mountain => molehill.

Interesting that that one line is what made you comment. Because sure as shit no IEI or ILI I've talked to enjoys my distress when people go and ramble on about any of that Si talk. It's something I share with my LIE brother. Keep that away from us, we won't stand to be "affected" haha.
    Not that one single line, the entire thing actually, I just cut the rest of the quote.

Overwhelming to who? To SLIs?

Lol though idk how it can be threatening to an SLI That sounds fun tho' yeah .

I doubt anyone would type the guy at low dimensional Si based on my post lol. Function strength is obvious, there's no need to be "typical" in order to qualify. Else we might as well draw cartoons of ourselves and call it a day. I wasn't commenting on "all SLI's" anyway, just the way this particular one expresses it. Si and OCD et all. He 'manages' sensations alright!
    Oh, I didn't mean to imply that one needs to be a typical representation of a sociotype to have the matching cognition. I don't really see anything against SLI for your guy from this much data. (Though I wouldn't exclude Si HA with Se PoLR either.)

TIM
    SeFi 485
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't use caricatures.
    I agree - you often make well thought out points.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does line up with my seeing him as a Beta introvert, but I dunno for sure if his type is up for discussion so if not, then I won't comment on it again.
    Commenting on my type is fine I like hearing how I come across through type.

Not that one single line, the entire thing actually, I just cut the rest of the quote.

Overwhelming to who? To SLIs?

Lol though idk how it can be threatening to an SLI That sounds fun tho' yeah .
    Overwhelming to that specific SLI. He's sensitive to any "disturbance to the force" lol. Avoidance is his middle name.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that one needs to be a typical representation of a sociotype to have the matching cognition. I don't really see anything against SLI for your guy from this much data. (Though I wouldn't exclude Si HA with Se PoLR either.)
    Yeah, the "typical" type commentary of mine was about what I was responding to originally; that my brother-in-law doesn't seem like a "typical SLI" the way I describe him. It doesn't mean much either way. I thought you were also commenting on that.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

every SLI girl I've ever met has been averse to bathroom topics as casual conversation, but they would also be the first to offer substantial help or insight if the circumstances really warranted it via some kind of actual exigent need

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@wacey
    Also I notice you are a 9 -
    9s tend to be accommodating in general (sometimes overly so) . My brother is a 6w5.. more exacting and reactive. He almost seems like a 9 because of the Si... but then he has nervous brain-energy of a 6.
    I can understand why Si bases would seem 9ish. I know of one such person - an old coworker.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I said: OCD. The specifics don't matter though, it's how he approaches it that makes him SLI. A willingness to getting dirty or not is irrelevant, it's his focus on his internal sensing experience that matters.

There is no such thing as "typical"
    .. except in the world of statistics, but that's a world of fiction anyway.
    Yes, point taken. I would have to agree.

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    every SLI girl I've ever met has been averse to bathroom topics as casual conversation, but they would also be the first to offer substantial help or insight if the circumstances really warranted it via some kind of actual exigent need
    I don't use that as topics of casual conversations.

I used to do it on familiar environments, ultra familiar. And it's not like I talked about my bathroom stuff or whatever. Usually it was related in some way or another to something in the main topic of the conversation.

TIM
    SeFi 485
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't use that as topics of casual conversations.

I used to do it on familiar environments, ultra familiar. And it's not like I talked about my bathroom stuff or whatever. Usually it was related in some way or another to something in the main topic of the conversation.
    Haha yeah, My brother too. He only does this with people he knows. He is surprisingly professional and appropriate outside the house. He always moves up to manager very fast in companies - both because he is careful and thoughtful about how the space looks and feels, he's perfectionistic about his work with objects, food or cleanliness, but he's also personable, feels solid & trustworthy & likable. No boss would ever worry that he might scare a customer by saying something offbeat. (I'd be at much bigger risk of this.)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Aggression and blood sugar... It is kind of interesting I'm very steady person even when I'm low in energy –just fading away steadily. It's weird because the other extreme is that people can start massacres over it.

Every xIE needs their personal xSI candy bar carrier.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Haha yeah, My brother too. He only does this with people he knows. He is surprisingly professional and appropriate outside the house. He always moves up to manager very fast in companies - both because he is careful and thoughtful about how the space looks and feels, he's perfectionistic about his work with objects, food or cleanliness, but he's also personable, feels solid & trustworthy & likable. No boss would ever worry that he might scare a customer by saying something offbeat. (I'd be at much bigger risk of this.)
    Yeah, that's what happens to me in almost all jobs in companies. On my case I think its because how I look (serious, formal, etc) and because I always do thoughtful work and procedures, I mean, I like to do things right and provide a good service/product. Unfortunately, I can't stand to be slave of companies because I get usually depressed when staying for too long on that kind of jobs. The depression comes actually for 4DSi and 1DFe, which means frequent dealing with ppl is extremely draining in the long run and lack of comfort (not enough sleep, not having physical and mental freedom, being submitted to strict schedules and working long hours etc), on my country the working conditions aren't the best (and are far far from that). So I prefer to work by my own or for others but with enough freedom.

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I love wearing pajamas in public

sweater pajama pants dress socks and running shoes

its the new uniform
    I love pajamas too. LIEs and IEEs can't understand the value of comfortable clothes like pajamas. I don't wear them on public, but I'd do it if It wouldn't be so weird. ;p

I can imagine that EIEs would feel disgusted to the thought of wearing pajamas in public because Fe. lol
    Last edited by Hope; 07-11-2017 at 07:18 PM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was always unquestioningly against it until I learned the ways from a SLI and it really changed my life

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was always unquestioningly against it until I learned the ways from a SLI and it really changed my life
    ...our ways are the better ways.

My IEE used to be all mad because I wear pajamas if I don't need to go outside the house.

So he was like: I can't believe that you wear pajamas the whole day!!!
    And then he goes with: What if there is an emergency and you need to get out? What if there is a natural disaster and the house falls apart or something? (his concernings )

SLI: If there is an emergency I'll change my clothes immediately, If there is a natural disaster I'll probably appear in pajamas on the tv... That's not the end of the world.

IEE:

SLI:

*My IEE don't wear pajamas even for bed. That's the most inexplicable habit if you ask me. He doesn't use pillow either. All is wrong with his Si.
    Last edited by Hope; 07-11-2017 at 07:32 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1580 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I love pajamas too. LIEs and IEEs can't understand the value of comfortable clothes like pajamas. I don't wear them on public, but I'd do it if It wouldn't be so weird. ;p

I can imagine that EIEs would feel disgusted to the thought of wearing pajamas in public because Fe. lol
    I don't wear pajamas. If I have to walk around in semi-public, I wear a robe*.

*My SLI ex-wife bought it for me.

In college, I didn't use a pillow, either.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 07-11-2017 at 08:00 PM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I want to have excessive amounts of pillows. Amount of pillows is directly proportional to quality of your life.

Code:
    pillow ~ quality of life
    p1/p2=lq1/lq2

from there it follows that in order to determine your life quality as function of pillows you need to test drive with pillows preferably using several configurations to minimize error.

Never got around buying them. Life is hard.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    I want to have excessive amounts of pillows. Amount of pillows is directly proportional to quality of your life.
    A single good pillow can increase directly and proportionally the quality of your life, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I don't wear pajamas. If I have to walk around in semi-public, I wear a robe*.

*My SLI ex-wife bought it for me.

In college, I didn't use a pillow, either.
    I bet she was tired of seeing you just wearing underwear at home.
    Last edited by Hope; 07-12-2017 at 02:47 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123