TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Niffer's 80 Questions

Block |

General to specific, specific to general – what does it mean?
    Many/broad/vague, to choosing a focused particular from the mass of info. Specific to general is loosening or looking beyond the scope of the small scale and focus of a particular piece of information and applying its principles broadly.

What does "logical" mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view?
    “Logical” just as an everyday term to me means any attempted deliberate structuring that has some reasoning. I don’t think there’s a common view on this, or at least, most people see themselves as being logical and others as being illogical.

How do you explain fractions on the dial of the clock?
    They are there so people can more easy visually discern the specific minute etc.

What is a rule? What rules do you have to follow?
    Some directions that have been created for a person or people to follow. Nobody “has to” follow rules. Even if it’s in my best interest to follow rules or restrictions situationally, I won’t conceptualize it as “having to follow a rule”.

What is hierarchy? Do you need to follow it? Why or why not?
    Hierarchy is top-down delegation and magnification of bullshit. See above.

What do you think of instructions? Do you use them? Could you write an instruction manual? If so, what type of instruction manual would you most likely write?
    Instructions are okay if they are well-tailored for the purpose and user. Sometimes I use them.
    Second two questions trigger me. I would be okay at writing instruction manuals. I would write about how to build bridges meant for high traffic volume.

Please explain: "Freedom is in complying with the laws, but not in ignoring the laws"? Do you agree with the statement? Why?
    I see what they are getting at but really it doesn’t make practical sense lol.

Tell us how consistent you are.
    For the past 6 months I’ve decided to try brushing my teeth very sporadically, like maybe a couple of times a week. Last week during my biannual checkup my dentist told me I didn’t have any cavities. I considered the possibility too though, that all the available cavity target locations have been filled up over the years.
    If I fall into routine or habit, it’s just by chance. Even if some kind of action or routine is a necessity … I try to find ways to break up the monotony and occasionally experiment.

What is a "standard"? Why do people need it?
    It’s something, e.g. a sample or concept, that provides a metric or idea of quality or form that is typical or accepted for some circumstance.

You need to put your home library in order. How do you feel about this activity? How will you approach this task?
    impossibru
    Lol jk.
    I would think, “Isn’t it already in order?” I’m referencing my small collection of books in my rental suite though. I would just put everything vertical next to each other and stick a bookend in at the end.
    As with all activities, it depends on, “How much time do I have?” and “Who’s going to look at it?”
    Everything depends on that.

Block ||

What is work in your opinion?
    When you consider it work, it’s work.

Why do people go to work?
    Money or opportunities.

Are there any parameters where you can distinguish whether you can do this work or not?
    When someone doesn’t let me do it and doesn’t give me money.

Is there any correlation between quality and quantity?
    It’s mostly inverse and for good reason, not only from the production end but also from the consumption end. You can’t even appreciate mass amounts of fine quality coming at you at a constant high rate. Unless, this sense of mediation is accounted for as part of the quality.

Tell us if or how the price depends on quality?
    Quality means something is better. People are willing to pay more for better.

How do people determine the quality of work?
    Sometimes they will use some kind of metric, and sometimes they do it subjectively.

How do you determine such quality?
    Sometimes I will use some kind of metric, and sometimes I do it subjectively.

How well you can determine the quality of any purchase, do you pay any attention to it?
    It’s very circumstantial and subjective. I tend to make purchases to fill very specific wants or needs. Quality for price just for the sake of it is of lesser importance, though it will briefly cross my mind.

How do you feel if you didn't finish some work? Does it ever happen? What are the reasons?
    It depends on how important the work is. Not finishing minor things happens always. I feel bad about it but I shake it off. The reasons are that I forgot or I wanted to sleep instead.

What is "interesting work" for you? Please explain in detail.
    Interesting work involves the possibility of me learning something new. It usually involves a lot of the unknown and engages me in a way that is beyond what I’m used to day to day. I hope this is enough detail. This question is not interesting work to me.

You go to the store and see something you're interested in buying; there is a price tag on it. What parameters are you going to use to understand if it's overpriced, underpriced, or priced correctly?
    I would try to recall past instances of seeing the same or similar products and the price range that they had been given. I would consider if the store itself tends to overprice or underprice things compared to other stores. I would check online.

When you work and someone tells you: "You don't do it right." What is your reaction?
    bitch plz

There is a professional right next to you. You always see that you can't perform the way they do. Your feelings, thoughts and actions?
    I ask if they will teach me or give me some advice.

When you have to ask someone else to help you with the task, how do you feel?
    I’d probably feel dumb, followed by grateful that they are helping, then possibly followed by pissed if they make a big deal about it.

You need to build a pyramid exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions?

• This is creepy. Illuminati.
    • Where will I have space?
    • Where will I get enough sand and resources?
    • It sounds like I will be tired after.
    • I laugh at myself and think about having to build construction structures to climb up.
    • Maybe aliens will help me, like they did for Egyptians since maybe it was a hoax
    • Nowadays maybe I can just rent some vehicles and tools from a construction company.
    • Will have to know specifics about how they made it and just use some modern tech to make it easier and faster.

Block |||

What is beauty?
    A positive, sublime feeling you feel inside as a reaction to experiencing something that resonates well with you. It’s like a mix between love, comfort, and curiosity, and awe.

Do you change your opinion about beauty? Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion? What goes beyond the generally accepted notion?
    It’s evolved a bit over the years. I think what I said about it being an internal reaction, about it having to do with resonance, and about comparing it to those other emotions are all different from the generally accepted notions of what “beauty” is. However, I think many people would understand where my thoughts are coming from if they really considered them.

Please describe your understanding of a beautifully dressed person. What is the core of beauty? How do you explain what is beautiful to a person who has never heard about beauty before?
    The person in the dress.
    I think an understanding of beauty is innate. Even a blind person would understand the feeling. I explained it as something felt inside above for that reason.

Is there a template of understanding what beautiful means for everyone to use?
    This sounds like a terrible idea to me. There are some guidelines that people have unearthed though, such as 3:1 ratios in art and photography, and avoiding Comic Sans font.

Is there such a term as "classical beauty"?
    There is. I’d imagine that’s why it could be used how it has been in this question.

What is comfort?
    An awareness that you’re in an optimal state. It can apply to a situation or to your physical state.It’s positive and involves relaxation and relief of discomfort, usually.

What is coziness?
    Usually some level of comfort, plus warmth and also closeness with someone you care about.

How do you create your comfort and coziness?
    Like a gerbil.

How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them?
    Often people disapprove of my choices.

How do you pick your own clothes?
    It varies a lot.

Do you follow fashion? Why?
    I only follow it as a way to blend in, and only if I need to. I usually prefer to do something that I think looks good and is time- and cost-convenient.

Do you know how to select clothes for different types of figures?
    I used to read stuff about this when I was a teenager. I’ve forgotten by now. Creating visual illusion comes naturally to me though.

How do you cook? Do you follow recipes?
    I always alter recipes a bit if I use them. Many recipes are made in approximation, because variation occurs naturally and it’s hard to capture perfect ratios using rounded off numbers that are rounded off to be carried out in varied kitchens. Also I far prefer to build my own recipes and to understand why the different steps and ingredients are necessary in recipes when I can, so I can understand the mechanics and of what is necessary for the sake of minimalism/pragmatism when I want to change things or am short on materials.
    As an example, the drink Long Island Iced Tea doesn’t contain any iced tea, but it tastes exactly like iced tea. You need all the ingredients for this one.

What do others think of your skill?
    They like my cooking but they like hearing about my disasters more.

Are you good at color patterns and mixing them and matching?
    I mix and match and pray.

If someone is telling you what is beautiful and what is not, what goes with what color and what is not, do you agree with this person?
    It depends on if they are right or not.

Tell us how you'd design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why?
    I probably let whoever cares about it the most play with it, or I do it with their commentary and guidance until I get fed up (imagine typical IEI) and just pick everything that I like. I would want to do it myself if I were to be spending a lot of time there.

How do you know if a person has bad taste? Could you give us an example? Do you always trust your own taste or do you seek opinions from others?
    I think that taste is subjective. If it hurts my eyes, ears, nose, stomach, or other sensibilities, then it is not compatible with my tastes. An example of something I consider to be bad taste is my short stocky LSE mom choosing to wear jackets with thick inbuilt shoulder pads all the time. Several pairs are pastel.
    I know that I like something when I like it, but I value the opinions of those that I consider to have equal or better taste than I do in some specific area if I want to create something new and enterprising. New clothing looks come to mind in particular.
    Outwardly I can seem like a pushover, but inwardly I will never budge on what I know I am perceiving.

Block |V

Can you line up human resources and make them do things?
    If they want it.

What methods do you use?
    Material and emotional incentive.

Can you press people? If so, how does it happen?
    Well my face is just scary apparently. So it usually just happens. I try whining and hinting too.

What is incursion? How do you deal with this?
    “An invasion or attack, especially a sudden or brief one.” Fight or flight.

Can you repulse? How easy can you do it?
    Tell people I haven’t showered for a week.

What does "my people" and "strangers" mean? When do "my people" become "strangers" and why?
    My people are people I care about because we have some bond. Strangers are people I haven’t met. Someone who was once a “my people” can never fully become a stranger again because of the memory of experience.

Are there strategies of attack? Can you use them? When is it justified?
    wtf

Do you think it's ok to occupy someone else's territory? In what situations?
    When you are a dog or if you just recently became bipedal.

What are the methods of volitional force? When is it most effective and in what situations?
    By personal will and by proxy. It’s most effective when it’s well-timed and well-distributed.

How do you protect yourself and your interests?
    By meth0dz. Keep yourself and your interests light and people won’t search your bag.

Describe your behavior in the situations of opposition and if you have to use some force?
    Idk. I just try to do my best. I tend to try not to get into situations of opposition.

Do others think of you as a strong person? Do you think you are a strong person?
    It is one of the more frequent comments I’ve heard about me. I don’t always think I am, because I’m not always. If it’s some kind of innate thing I’ve always done mindlessly rather than something that’s been built with time and effort, it’s less meaningful to me.

How do you understand if a person is strong? Are there any signs of a strong person? (I combined these questions).
    I don’t think I really have an answer. It probably depends on the situation.

What is the core of any force?
    Momentum

Why do people listen to one person, but not the other?
    Their trust in the capabilities and their belief that the one person has their best interests at heart, or the imperative to ass-kiss, or idolization.

Block V

What is boorishness?
    Your mom

Does your understanding of it correlate with the generally accepted notion?
    Yes

How would you explain what boorishness mean to a 10 year old child?
    … The first person that came to mind to use as an example was my own (LSE) mom, honestly.

How would you explain the same to an adult who does not behave ethically?
    Boorish doesn’t always equate to unethical IMO, though it can.

How would you improve the moral of the society?
    Cheaper alcohol, more vacation and family time, more cute fuzzies

Can you justify somebody's bad behavior by thinking that he/she wasn't taught how to do so?
    There’s no such thing as “bad behaviour”. Just norms and whether you like it or not.

Give us your understanding of love. Can you love and punish at the same time?
    I don’t have much of an understanding to give. I would imagine that you can love and punish at the same time, but I haven’t confirmed it through personal experience yet.

Have you heard about the Southern hospitality? Everything is for the guest. There is also a German hospitality – the master of the house is always right. What method is the right one? Try to evaluate without the weight of any cultural aspects, traditions, nations etc.
    Sometimes the guest is the master of the master of the house.

What is sympathy? When do you need to express it? When is it advised not to?
    Sympathy is feeling things for other people who suffer just because you’re being nice. You don’t “need” to express it. It is advised not to express sympathy if you are a jihadist who feels sudden pangs of sympathy for a group of people who you’re planning on terrorizing while you are with your armed compatriots.

Are there any norms of behavior in the society? Do you follow them? Do people always have to follow them? Why?
    There are some norms of behaviour in society, or at least, in terms of what can generally be observed. I follow them to an extent because I’m hoping to seem hirable and not like I have some kind of problem. Apparently plenty of people don’t follow them and they seem to get by just fine. Perhaps some of them who are older have amassed some chunk of work experience, or have otherwise found their niche and don’t have to worry about stifling their bubbling insanity as much anymore.

How do you know what attitude among people is right or wrong?
    This is situational and subjective.

What does moral mean? What is immoral? Does your understanding correlate with the others?
    Moral means you are following some subjective code of conduct. Immoral means that according to someone you are doing something that goes against one of the subjective codes of conduct of the 7 billion or so people out there. However, there are some trends I think, throughout humanity. Lying and cheating, for example, are pretty universally considered to be “immoral” beyond any specific defined code of conduct. What I just said is fleshed out in a bit of a weird way, but I actually think that most people would agree with my understanding of it here.

How can you evaluate the correctness of your own understanding?
    Well first I look back on prior experience to get an idea of what is generally true. Then I try to find some patterns and form conclusions. If I form some conclusion, I ask myself, “Does this make sense? Does it make sense in light of x, y, z information?” If yes, then I see if I can find some real examples where my understanding would need to play out for more information and discard it if it ultimately fails or keep refining it if it still holds up.

Somebody is giving you a negative attitude – what is your reaction?
    It’s completely variable and depends on my relationship with the person as well as the state I’m in.

Could you show your own negative attitude toward someone else? If so, how? Could you give a person the silent treatment? How easily do you forgive people?
    Yes, by making a nasty face and not talking to them or saying something assy. I forgive if they’re worth forgiving.

Block V|

"Whole world does not cost one tear of child" – how do you understand this phrase? Do you agree with this opinion?
    I’ve never heard a phrase like this before, but I interpret it to mean that a child’s tears are more valuable than the whole world. As someone who used to work as a kindergarten teacher, I do think that the world doesn’t value and protect innocence as much as it should. Sometimes children are indeed just spoiled or manipulative, but it’s cruel to paint all cases with the same brush. Children cry for many reasons, and often they are much more intelligent and perceptive and empathetic than most people care to notice. Maybe if those positive tendencies weren’t ignored or stamped out during childhood then more people would grow up to retain those qualities as adults. One small child’s suffering can represent the continued suffering and cries of humanity which can in turn represent the suffering of the world.

Is it acceptable to express emotions? Give examples of inappropriate expression of emotions.
    Yes it’s acceptable, or it should be, to express most emotions. I think expressing a lot of negative emotion, especially anger and rage, is inappropriate as it can lead to violence.

Can you use negative emotions? In what situations?
    I suppose I can use negative emotions to instill change or to get my case understood by others due to their intensity of expression. Slight negative emotion can be good for planning and better, more realistic decision-making too.

How do you express negative emotions? What does it look like? What do others think about it?
    Depends on the severity as well as on the circumstances. In public I bottle it in and try to meditate it away, but it does show up on my face and in my demeanor sometimes. I might cry, scream, run, whatever, in private. I have no idea what others think about it, other than that I’m seen as pretty stoic and stone-faced in general.

Shallow emotions – what does it mean? Are there any other emotions?
    I would describe a shallow emotion as being something like finding a joke funny, or the brief pleasure of seeing a cute advertisement in the newspaper. The focus of the emotions is shallow. Another thing that would be considered shallow emotion would be fake or pretentious use of emotional expression. Deeper, more meaningful emotions are more like an awareness, and they exist in personally meaningful situations.

What are right or wrong emotions?
    Strictly speaking there’s no such thing, but it is weird if your emotions don’t match the situation.

Can you change the emotional state of yourself? Of others? To what side – positive or negative?
    Only if I really focus on embodying the emotion. It’s much easier for me to be changed by others, to either positive or negative. Negative tends to linger longer nowadays though.

What does it mean to "pour out your emotions"? How does it happen? Does your internal emotional state correlate with what you show externally?
    When you pour out your emotions, you let a bunch of emotions or heart out and talk about or do something about them. People tend to pour out their emotions either a) in states of vulnerability, which can either be selected or be almost involuntary, or b) if they are highly emotional people and it’s a near daily occurrence for them. I tend to try to hold my emotions in, and that is one layer of my “emotional state”, but this is obviously seen by most people. Otherwise, I’ve been told by others that they are often unsure of what I’m feeling or thinking because my face doesn’t change much sometimes. When I pour emotion out, I never pour it all out anymore because there’s too much of it. It would just be endless. When I do pour some out, it is rare and usually surprises people. Historically as an adult, other than towards the one or two guys I’ve dated, I’ve only happened to do it around my 4D Ti female coworkers lol. That or my very best friends.

Do you track what mood you are in throughout the day? Do you notice the mood of others?
    I do notice my mood throughout the day and note its changes. I do notice the mood of others, unless I am very concentrated on my own business and not in much contact with them.

Block V||

Do you like surprises?
    Pleasant ones.

How people change? How do you feel about those changes? Can others see the changes?
    People have changes in attitudes, beliefs, and tendencies over time, as well as physical change. I feel that it is a little bit curious but it doesn’t concern me too deeply. I like to think that I can control and direct some of my own changes myself. Most people notice bigger more obvious changes, especially if they haven’t been able to observe the change occur gradually.

Is it true that whatever happens is only for the best?
    This reminds me of hindsight bias.

What do you think of horoscopes, fortune telling etc.? Do you believe in luck, lucky fortuity?
    I used to think it was largely BS except for some vague weather-related impacts on pregnancy, and didn’t believe in luck or fate at all, but over the past two years I’ve gotten into it more. I happened to read in the SLE description around then that SLE women tend to fall into superstition and astrology, so that’s the power of suggestion.

Can you forecast events? Is it even real?
    You can forecast if you have proper forecasting tools.

What is time? How do you feel time? Can you "kill" time? How?
    Time is the steady, certain progression of all of life and existence. Time isn’t felt in the same way that the other senses are. You can extrapolate it from the other senses; it comes as a “hunch” or you get a “sense of it”, like how some people have a “good sense of timing”, but it’s not exactly felt as something sensual. Most people seem to develop a sense of timing as they experience more and get a better sense of how much time certain things take and how much time is passing due to how they feel internally, like an internal clock of sorts. I don’t think you can kill time, but you can kill your soul spending time doing things that are unrelated to what you really should be and want to be doing while you’re waiting for something.

Is it easy for you to wait for some important event? What if you don’t know when it is supposed to happen?
    Just waiting isn’t a difficult thing for me if I don’t have anything else to be stressed about. If I don’t know when something important is supposed to happen … this is a strange circumstance. If I needed to know and I didn’t, then this would be a problem I guess, and I would try to find out as quickly as I could.

Do you need help creating forecasts and determining how something will end? Do you trust those forecasts?
    I don’t create forecasts in my daily life even though I’ve learned about how to use some mathematical formulas to create tools for forecasting before, so I would imagine that I would need some help at first if I were to have to do that. I would only trust these forecasts if the tools/formulas had been used a lot previously in the same circumstances and proven to have been effective.

Are you normally late? How do you react if someone is late?
    I’m normally on time. If someone is late, I wonder if they have low Ni.

Imagine the situation where you agreed to meet with someone. Your feelings and actions:
    a) 20 minutes before the meeting starts,
    I have enough time to go to the bathroom first and fix my hair. I should probably text them to let them know that I’ve arrived.

b) 5 minutes before the meeting starts,
    They should be here soon.

c) it is time for the meeting to start, but the person is not here,
    They should be here not but aren’t. They will probably be here soon or text me.

d) 20 minutes after the meeting start time and the person is not here,
    Something is wrong. I will try to call them.

e) more time and the person is still not here…
    I would probably wait up to 40 minutes if I didn’t receive any notice from them and didn’t have any reason to stay there myself. After that I would assume they forgot or that there was some miscommunication about the time, or that something crazy came up for them, and leave. They would likely contact me later.

Block V|||

Is there a meaning of life? In what? Is it the same for everybody?
    The meaning of life is to live as you are, in my opinion. I think life is multi-faceted and can’t encompass just one goal or purpose, though many people will have a few recurring themes in their lives. Though we all are born and die, what happens in between is definitely different for everybody.

What should be done so people can be happy?
    This is a little bit different for everyone. It will depend on where a person is at in their life journey.

In the situations with a lot of potential and volatility will you trust your own guts, logically calculating everything or will you ask people you trust what should be done?
    Ideally I’d do both. First the former, then the latter. More often than not in situations that are volatile enough, some new issues will inevitably come up post-discussion, and I will have to make a different unrelated decision using my guts and logic later on anyway.

When you meet a stranger, what can you say about them right away? How do you know what this person is all about? Does it take long to understand someone's talents?
    Nothing that I would say out loud, but I would glean information starting straight away from how they hold themselves, how they regard me and others that they are around, their facial expressions, how they have put themselves together, the way that they speak, how much they speak, etc. I would probably need to work on some task together with them for a few hours in order to understand their talents.

Remember an interesting person and call out 5-6 qualities you think are interesting in them. What makes an interesting person? Are you an interesting person? Why? What if someone calls you "boring" and "not interesting"?
    I think the therapist that I used to visit at my school is pretty interesting. She is interesting because she is interested, mainly. She is very attracted to and excited by new and interesting ideas and areas of knowledge and is willing to bring them into discussions. She is a counsellor, but did her bachelor’s in marine biology, so her background is atypical for her occupation. She is open-minded about trying out new methods in therapy. She has a bit of a refreshing, zany presentation and portfolio of outfits. Her personality in itself is atypical for her occupation.
    I have been called interesting by a few people before. But I can be pretty closed-off and untalkative sometimes, so I can understand if someone calls me boring.

What opinions, from people who know you, seem: a) fair;
    That I’m thinking deeply and in my own world a lot

b) not fair;
    That I don’t spend much time considering others

c) hurtful;
    A more extreme version of the above; any suggestion that I would put less important things over family and close friends

d) strange.
    Believing that I have spiritual powers

Do you fantasize? What kind of fantasies do you have?
    I fantasize about lots of different things.

What qualities should a person have to be successful and why?
    A person should have the quality of not being afraid to put those ideas of theirs which stem from their deepest passions into existence to be successful, because everything starts with an idea or vision.

What qualities can stop a person from being successful and why?
    Being naive about people can stop a person from being successful, because people are always around at every level and are the most important factor in life.

What is more important in life – to be a good person or be a successful one? Why?
    I think that people’s desire to be good or not, and the amount of satisfaction that they derive from that, is sort of innate. In other words, it probably won’t change much. I value being a good person more, and I think that more people should try to become a good person more, but in most cases people shouldn’t even bother trying and should just try for being successful.

Is a good person always successful? If not, then why?
    I think that more often than not, good people are successful. Maybe not necessarily in the standard way that people measure success, but in ways that are just as important like having a healthy, balanced life, or somehow finding peace and contentment. Those who constantly complain to others about being self-reported good people yet not receiving what they deserve in life are obviously not actually good people because they are entitled and also feel it is okay to release their negativity everywhere, spewing self-report onto others and pushing others assuming that others should accept and sit around listening to their self-reported ‘credibility’ and mental instability.

[Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I vote EII.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you not sure of your type?

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Are you not sure of your type?
    You should just read through it all so I feel vindicated
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    You should just read through it all so I feel vindicated
    Honestly, I did, but only because I'm not sure of your type myself. Anyways I didn't get a very clear read. Some parts seem consistent with SLE, others not ("That I’m thinking deeply and in my own world a lot" in particular seems the exact opposite of an SLE). Have you made a video or something?

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Honestly, I did, but only because I'm not sure of your type myself. Anyways I didn't get a very clear read. Some parts seem consistent with SLE, others not ("That I’m thinking deeply and in my own world a lot" in particular seems the exact opposite of an SLE). Have you made a video or something?
    Well, Ti creative must manifest somehow. Every extrotim has an introverted side.

I haven't made a video.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, Ti creative must manifest somehow. Every extrotim has an introverted side.
    That's not really Ti though, it's Ni. The suggestive function is not something we do "a lot."

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's not really Ti though, it's Ni. The suggestive function is not something we do "a lot."
    It's still always there "being done" in a low-key way.

You might be imagining something really far-fetched. Whenever anyone isn't talking to others and starts zoning out, it will look like they're doing what was described. It's impossible to say if I'm really using high levels of Ni just because that's happening. It would be like saying someone who is 1D Fe is "doing" Fe "a lot" just because they're in social settings a lot.

But, you're still right in a sense. It is things like this that make me believe I might use more Ni than the average SLE. Fwiw I'm completely certain that I'm SLE.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

It was her answer to what's a fair opinion about her =)

So, I guess, it's seen as a compliment maybe? =)

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@niffer

Very humorous 80q.

Interesting how you didn't think of any other people to use for the pyramid question.

Other than that...strong Te, incredibly twisted weird weak Fi. PoLR no problem. Se>Ne.

= SLE

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Myst lol thanks for the response

About it being a compliment, idk, it was more like a comment I've heard many times which I think is reasonable ("fair"). Some people have mentioned it in a positive light, while others have found my zoning out very unusual and still others have even yelled at me and tried to make me feel guilty about it.

hiatus
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You devalue Fi, that much is obvious. You seem to have strong Te, but not care much about it, so it could be in your Id block. Not Ti-dom. You seem to have a lot of awareness and understanding of Se, without necessarily being a stereotypical "doer" (very respectable from my Se-PoLR perspective).

Nothing wrong with SLE (perhaps softer and more withdrawn than the "average").

さようなら
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so much text (x_x; )
    Last edited by Yuma; 10-30-2016 at 11:19 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's still always there "being done" in a low-key way.

You might be imagining something really far-fetched. Whenever anyone isn't talking to others and starts zoning out, it will look like they're doing what was described. It's impossible to say if I'm really using high levels of Ni just because that's happening. It would be like saying someone who is 1D Fe is "doing" Fe "a lot" just because they're in social settings a lot.
    All irrationals do tend to zone out every once in a while, even Se leads. If it meant becoming unaware of your physical surroundings that would be unusual though.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

All irrationals do tend to zone out every once in a while, even Se leads. If it meant becoming unaware of your physical surroundings that would be unusual though.
    A little bit. I've walked into things before and things like that.

I practiced dissociating a lot when I was younger. It might play a part in why I do it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Lmao
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI-Te

make video

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Verbrannte View Post
    SLI-Te

make video
    O_o SLI-Te ? ...

I know @niffer from talks pretty well and that's one option I would not consider... Fe PoLR or any Si valuing over Ni valuing, naah

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    O_o SLI-Te ? ...

I know @niffer from talks pretty well and that's one option I would not consider... Fe PoLR or any Si valuing over Ni valuing, naah
    This does read like an PoLR perspective though, since she is always like "beauty/goodness/etc. is completely subjective!" This is a short book that oozes : http://www.basicincome.com/bp/files/...-C_S_Lewis.pdf

She also strongly values , seeks > , and seems to have an role. SLEs don't really care about their own physical comfort or that of others whatsoever, for one thing. She also clearly values > IMO.

I'll go through and pick this questionnaire apart later, but I'll just point out this dynamic > static bit for now:

"I like to think that I can control and direct some of my own changes myself. Most people notice bigger more obvious changes, especially if they haven’t been able to observe the change occur gradually."

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you ever taken the best tests there are available? I know typing via questionnaires is the trend nowadays but I find taking test much simpler and effective.

http://aimtoknow.com/test_beta (sometimes doesn't work in firefox)
    http://www.sociotype.com/tests/#tabs-1
    http://www.socionictest.net/Test.aspx

If you take them, please post the full results and not only the top result.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

This does read like an PoLR perspective though, since she is always like "beauty/goodness/etc. is completely subjective!" This is a short book that oozes : http://www.basicincome.com/bp/files/...-C_S_Lewis.pdf
    ..."oozes Fe" - can you rephrase this for me in everyday words without using Socionics terms? Thanks.

She also strongly values , seeks > , and seems to have an role. SLEs don't really care about their own physical comfort or that of others whatsoever, for one thing. She also clearly values > IMO.

I'll go through and pick this questionnaire apart later, but I'll just point out this dynamic > static bit for now:

"I like to think that I can control and direct some of my own changes myself. Most people notice bigger more obvious changes, especially if they haven’t been able to observe the change occur gradually."
    The quote does not say anything about whether OP has Dynamic IEs in ego, it just shows awareness that such things exist.

I don't see the Fe PoLR etc. I did not see it if it was said by OP that she cares about their physical comfort above all else, can you quote that?

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..."oozes Fe" - can you rephrase this for me in everyday words without using Socionics terms? Thanks.

The quote does not say anything about whether OP has Dynamic IEs in ego, it just shows awareness that such things exist.

I don't see the Fe PoLR etc. I did not see it if it was said by OP that she cares about their physical comfort above all else, can you quote that?
    The paper is about values as something that objectively exist () in an argument against people who say all values are just descriptions of subjective effects on people ().

She seems to view the world primarily through physical sense perceptions (sensing) of things as they are (perceiving type), and I see a lot more mention of comfort than force (for example: "Can you repulse?" "Say I haven't showered in a week". The whole block, even accounting for its awkward wording, is just not taken seriously, while the one is. There is also a valuing of over , like the thing about making bridges). Also, this is the least -valuing thing IMO:

Describe your behavior in the situations of opposition and if you have to use some force?
    Idk. I just try to do my best. I tend to try not to get into situations of opposition.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI is a very well spotted shout. As @Verbrannte said, your Se isn't weak but you clearly do not take it seriously. Your energy seems low like an introvert rather than an extrovert; you mention needing rest a lot which automatically makes me think Si-valuing Ip. Your Te is very strong and does indeed seem valued over Ti which is also strong. I must admit that I thought you were ILI before the Se-devaluing was pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Niffer
    c) hurtful;
    A more extreme version of the above; any suggestion that I would put less important things over family and close friends
    That is solid Fi HA or what I like to call the try-hard function. Any suggestion that we devalue or that we are weak in our HA function is perceived as a cruel attack, and we love praise directed at it. I was guilty of this myself, in my questionnaire I spent days filling out the Ni questions so they appeared competent but the fact it took so long spoke volumes. SLE is likely to be hurt when others call out their need to feel some element of control in group interaction (Se) as spoiling the mood and atmosphere (Fe).

Quote Originally Posted by Niffer
    Outwardly I can seem like a pushover, but inwardly I will never budge on what I know I am perceiving.
    This seems like Se-ignoring. The ignoring function of an individual is often perceived as being weak by others when it is actually strong but unvalued. SLE is more likely to have the opposite problem to what you have i.e. everyone perceiving them as being too strong and unyielding when inwardly they feel as though they have been misunderstood and only required convincing, maybe at the right time. "Convince me" from an SLE, with powerful body language behind it, is them simply saying "Tell me what you think I should do in the right way and I will do it", not a polite "Fuck off" which many often perceive it to be including lower dimension Se Role types that can be seen spouting things like this at awkward moments. Just to see how this from an SLE should be handled, this is their dual IEI the "Lyricist"...

Emotive and charming; may smile even when he is saying something unpleasant. Insistent in his requests when he is strongly motivated. Knows how to pick a good moment to approach a person with his request....Tells jokes and anecdotes, acts in jest, prods those close to him, evoking positive emotions in different ways. Sensitively responds to fights between people who are close to him. Seeks reconciliation, readily agrees to compromise...

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

The paper is about values as something that objectively exist () in an argument against people who say all values are just descriptions of subjective effects on people ().
    gotcha

She seems to view the world primarily through physical sense perceptions (sensing) of things as they are (perceiving type), and I see a lot more mention of comfort than force (for example: "Can you repulse?" "Say I haven't showered in a week". The whole block, even accounting for its awkward wording, is just not taken seriously, while the one is. There is also a valuing of over , like the thing about making bridges). Also, this is the least -valuing thing IMO: "Idk. I just try to do my best. I tend to try not to get into situations of opposition."
    The Si block has joking too. I don't see it as taken all that more seriously.

As for the bridges thing, you can't be serious about using that single line to determine Te vs Ti valuing, pretty please. It's not unambiguous even on its own.

I don't know about the opposition thing, @niffer should elaborate on her reasons for that but in general I read inert Se leading does not get into every little Se related issue, that's more contact Se creative.

These seem pretty good serious answers in the Se block:

What methods do you use?
    Material and emotional incentive.

What are the methods of volitional force? When is it most effective and in what situations?
    By personal will and by proxy. It’s most effective when it’s well-timed and well-distributed.

Do others think of you as a strong person? Do you think you are a strong person?
    It is one of the more frequent comments I’ve heard about me. I don’t always think I am, because I’m not always. If it’s some kind of innate thing I’ve always done mindlessly rather than something that’s been built with time and effort, it’s less meaningful to me.

What is the core of any force?
    Momentum

Why do people listen to one person, but not the other?
    Their trust in the capabilities and their belief that the one person has their best interests at heart, or the imperative to ass-kiss, or idolization.

And the jokes do not show weak Se either, just the questions are black and white in the Se block lol (I always thought so myself):

Do you think it's ok to occupy someone else's territory? In what situations?
    When you are a dog or if you just recently became bipedal.

Quote Originally Posted by Resonare View Post
    SLI is a very well spotted shout. As @Verbrannte said, your Se isn't weak but you clearly do not take it seriously. Your energy seems low like an introvert rather than an extrovert; you mention needing rest a lot which automatically makes me think Si-valuing Ip. Your Te is very strong and does indeed seem valued over Ti which is also strong. I must admit that I thought you were ILI before the Se-devaluing was pointed out.
    Where was needing rest mentioned?

That is solid Fi HA or what I like to call the try-hard function. Any suggestion that we devalue or that we are weak in our HA function is perceived as a cruel attack, and we love praise directed at it.
    Please. That line is way too ambiguous. It can easily be the result of PoLR Fi. Same for the "Se ignoring" line, ambiguous on its own.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Myst the main reason Verb thinks I'm SLI over SLE is because she thinks that she needs to personally like SLEs, and in Discord chat I made fun of her for thinking Gulenko looked like a cat.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Myst the main reason Verb thinks I'm SLI over SLE is because she thinks that she needs to personally like SLEs, and in Discord chat I made fun of her for thinking Gulenko looked like a cat.
    ...well for sure there's more to relationships than just ITR.

Did she explicitly claim that she likes all SLEs?

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

...well for sure there's more to relationships than just ITR.

Did she explicitly claim that she likes all SLEs?
    She explicitly claimed that liking them as a person or not was a way to tell whether SLE or SLI.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm, no. I just think you come across as valuing over vice-versa. I know lots of SLEs I don't like personally. One of them is going to be the new president of the most powerful country on Earth. I also know lots of SLIs I like personally as well. If you had stronger , you would be able to read me better...

She explicitly claimed that liking them as a person or not was a way to tell whether SLE or SLI.
    No, I didn't. I just said that if you couldn't tell which of SLx (or LIx, or ESx, or whatever), someone was, until you got further information, using ITR to fill in the missing letter for the time being as a sort of heuristic was OK. Not everyone agrees with that but it's not "confirm and final". ITR is the process of how you interact with someone, not whether or not you get along. You can like someone but have to be painfully careful how you say things with them (like me and some of my LSE and SLI friends), or dislike them but communicate with them easily (like me and some annoying quadra members I know).

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Umm, no. I just think you come across as valuing over vice-versa. I know lots of SLEs I don't like personally. One of them is going to be the new president of the most powerful country on Earth. I also know lots of SLIs I like personally as well. If you had stronger , you would be able to read me better...
    I don't need to read you better. Your typing of me as SLI began shortly after I said that (reminding you of how you think Gulenko looks like a cat).

No, I didn't. I just said that if you couldn't tell which of SLx (or LIx, or ESx, or whatever), someone was, until you got further information, using ITR to fill in the missing letter for the time being as a sort of heuristic was OK.
    And those two things are different how?

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't need to read you better. Your typing of me as SLI began shortly after I said that (reminding you of how you think Gulenko looks like a cat).
    I was joking. I do find a lot of LII-Ti facial expressions often reminiscent of cat facial expressions though. I mean, look at all the Angela Merkel Grumpy Cat things out there, for example... Gulenko's expression reminds me a bit of smirk cat, he doesn't physically look like a cat. I also know LIIs who act sort of cat-like ("skittish", just walking around and ignoring you despite not really disliking you), and in the meme thread here someone posted that PoLRs fighting = kitties clawing at each other. Those things have led me to the "LIIs are cats" thing. I'm trying to find other animals for other types now.

And those two things are different how?
    Because you're not actually committed to a person being typed as that, you just assume that they are, focus on that and look for things that support or don't support it, and if you find things that don't support it, you go with the other option.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Because you're not actually committed to a person being typed as that, you just assume that they are, focus on that and look for things that support or don't support it, and if you find things that don't support it, you go with the other option.
    I ​see.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

noticed one interesting thing about the Se block

@niffer said:
    "What is the core of any force?
    Momentum"

My take:
    "Core of force: active and very focused energy put towards the object/into the goal/target."

The former looks like SLE version, the latter like LSI version...?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

noticed one interesting thing about the Se block

@niffer said:
    "What is the core of any force?
    Momentum"

My take:
    "Core of force: active and very focused energy put towards the object/into the goal/target."

The former looks like SLE version, the latter like LSI version...?
    Yours has an element of Ni. niffer's is more like pure Se.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Yours has an element of Ni. niffer's is more like pure Se.
    In other words, I almost always have a direction for it. I don't know if that's Ni or something else too.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In other words, I almost always have a direction for it. I don't know if that's Ni or something else too.
    Could be Rationality. Judgement is valued above pure perception.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Myst totally, I see yours as having direction too. It's from a very "creative" point of view. Like as if you're explaining Se from the POV of someone creating it. Mine is more just the essence of it or something.