Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wes Anderson

He makes movies. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wes_Anderson

What is he?

Interview starts at ~4:20.

I think this interview is good. In it he says it's more a "personality type" that likes his films than a specific demographic. And that type is "outsiders."

"I have a way of filming things and staging them and designing sets. There were times when I thought I should change my approach, but in fact, this is what I like to do. It's sort of like my handwriting as a movie director. And somewhere along the way, I think I've made the decision: I'm going to write in my own handwriting. That's just sort of my way."

"That's the kind of movie that I like to make, where there is an invented reality and the audience is going to go someplace where hopefully they've never been before. The details, that's what the world is made of. "

"I guess when I think about it, one of the things I like to dramatise, and what is sometimes funny, is someone coming unglued. I don't consider myself someone who is making the argument that I support these choices. I just think it can be funny. "

"When I see the first dailies on any movie, I usually feel that I had no idea how this combination of ingredients was going to mix together, what it was going to produce."

"I wouldn't say that I'm particularly bothered or obsessed with detail."

"There's no story if there isn't some conflict. The memorable things are usually not how pulled together everybody is. I think everybody feels lonely and trapped sometimes. I would think it's more or less the norm."

"Anytime I make a movie, I really have absolutely no idea how it's going to go over. I've had the whole range of different kinds of reactions."

"My experience with casting children is that... the whole movie is going to rest on their shoulders, so you have to set aside time and wait for the perfect people to appear."

"I love working with actors. That's what the set really is, for me. It's my time with the actors."
    Last edited by Minde; 07-16-2016 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Adding a few notes
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.