Thread: African Americans, Police, and several other things tied into this.

Hybrid View

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitta View Post
    I do think there are behavioral differences between white people and black people though that have been passed from generation to generation based on environmental influences.
    which white people and which black people, where and when?

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    which white people and which black people, where and when?
    Well thats the bizarre thing... groups can be assigned based on proximity. A group of the same color in one area will be different than those in another area. I do think there is probably a shared behavioral linkage between all within a race though, as I think there is a commonality between how they are treated and interact in response to the world environment. It may be very subtle but I do think it exists. I mean, look at China, Japan, and Korea. They have similar linguistic relativity, have similar foods, similar all kinds of things. You can say that they all came from the same area, therefore they have similar culture....... but that'd just be playing into my argument. Culture causes changes in epigenetics, which just perpetuates culture. Even if deviations occur, there probably still are very residual similarities.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well thats the bizarre thing... groups can be assigned based on proximity. A group of the same color in one area will be different than those in another area. I do think there is probably a shared behavioral linkage between all within a race though, as I think there is a commonality between how they are treated and interact in response to the world environment. It may be very subtle but I do think it exists. I mean, look at China, Japan, and Korea. They have similar linguistic relativity, have similar foods, similar all kinds of things. You can say that they all came from the same area, therefore they have similar culture....... but that'd just be playing into my argument. Culture causes changes in epigenetics, which just perpetuates culture. Even if deviations occur, there probably still are very residual similarities.
    ugh. well considering the entire continent of africa (it's huge) and just how many "groups" we would be talking about in that continent alone coupled with minimal time (200,000 years is so little time for a species), i seriously do not see how we'd be able to find any meaningful and measurable very subtle behaviors... and if they are so subtle to begin with, why does it even matter. aren't there like less subtle, more easily measurable things we could focus on? if it's so subtle it's like a breath of smoke, hard to notice and quick to fade, who cares about it.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ugh. well considering the entire continent of africa (it's huge) and just how many "groups" we would be talking about in that continent alone coupled with minimal time (200,000 years is so little time for a species), i seriously do not see how we'd be able to find any meaningful and measurable very subtle behaviors... and if they are so subtle to begin with, why does it even matter. aren't there like less subtle, more easily measurable things we could focus on? if it's so subtle it's like a breath of smoke, hard to notice and quick to fade, who cares about it.
    You're missing my point. People see themselves as being different. I live in the most fucked up area of the world... the deep south. Down here white people and black people literally live on different sides of towns. People legit see themselves as being apart of a cultural group, and being apart of those cultural groups causes convergence. Throughout the entirety of animal history, those that think they are similar to each other tend to coagulate closely with those that are relate-able. It makes perfect sense that people that look similar, would converge together behaviorally..,. and genetically. People in the United States probably have uniform behavioral traits in comparison to the behavioral traits of those in the United Kingdom, but probably have similarities as well. Subtle does not mean unnoticeable. Differences cause changes in the genetic code. Methyl groups assemble and deassemble based on your environmental experiences. If people have similar experiences, then they will develop similar patterns.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're missing my point. People see themselves as being different. I live in the most fucked up area of the world... the deep south. Down here white people and black people literally live on different sides of towns. People legit see themselves as being apart of a cultural group, and being apart of those cultural groups causes convergence. Throughout the entirety of animal history, those that think they are similar to each other tend to coagulate closely with those that are relate-able. It makes perfect sense that people that look similar, would converge together behaviorally..,. and genetically. People in the United States probably have uniform behavioral traits in comparison to the behavioral traits of those in the United Kingdom, but probably have similarities as well. Subtle does not mean unnoticeable. Differences cause changes in the genetic code. Methyl groups assemble and deassemble based on your environmental experiences. If people have similar experiences, then they will develop similar patterns.
    well, you're missing my point. i mean people in the deep south: ooh 20 generations or something. that's hardly any. is it going to make for some significant personality trait or cognitive feature shared by no other humans anywhere? can the deep southerners be their own race now? i mean it's ridiculous. it's also ridiculous to call all "white people" or all "black people" distinct races.

i'm not arguing that we are not adapting to our environment subtly, but that we are and we still don't actually have any races. i'm not saying it's impossible to find a distinct pocket of people that have a higher tendency to be adapted to a single thing--like a virus... but that is not a race. it's really hard to see how like if some of my ancestors lived in the alps for 25,000 years before climbing down to live in the valleys and spread apart in separate groups for the next 10,000 years until finally a small pocket of the original group settled in a northern forest... how that gives me a particular racially identifiable set of personality or cognitive traits that anyone should actually care about because of their amazing significance. like i can't genetically shake the laziness of those damn mountain dwellers and their 25,000 years of sitting on their asses => it's a racial distinction.

(this is also funny because kids often have unique behavioral and cognitive traits anyway, unique from their parents. sometimes you just get the alien child who seems utterly unidentifiable in the family.)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

well, you're missing my point. i mean people in the deep south: ooh 20 generations or something. that's hardly any. is it going to make for some significant personality trait or cognitive feature shared by no other humans anywhere? can the deep southerners be their own race now? i mean it's ridiculous. it's also ridiculous to call all "white people" or all "black people" distinct races.

i'm not arguing that we are not adapting to our environment subtly, but that we are and we still don't actually have any races. i'm not saying it's impossible to find a distinct pocket of people that have a higher tendency to be adapted to a single thing--like a virus... but that is not a race. it's really hard to see how like if some of my ancestors lived in the alps for 25,000 years before climbing down to live in the valleys and spread apart in separate groups for the next 10,000 years until finally a small pocket of the original group settled in a northern forest... how that gives me a particular racially identifiable set of personality or cognitive traits that anyone should actually care about because of their amazing significance. like i can't genetically shake the laziness of those damn mountain dwellers and their 25,000 years of sitting on their asses => it's a racial distinction.

(this is also funny because kids often have unique behavioral and cognitive traits anyway, unique from their parents. sometimes you just get the alien child who seems utterly unidentifiable in the family.)
    You can call them anything you want to call. I mean you denoted them as "southerners",why did you do that? You noticed an obvious pattern that is shared among-st those in proximity. The reason "southerner" this is so hard to isolate is there is no overt physical characteristics to match, yet people do it anyway... it is just hard to push at a global scale. What exactly is a race? Wikipedia definition of race "Race is a group of people who share similar and distinct physical characteristics, as well as shared cultural practices and affectations." You can create boundaries based on any criteria, that doesn't mean the boundaries don't exist.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You act as though there has to be some switch that gets thrown for classification to occur. TBH there isn't even perfectly clear boundaries as to what is a human v.s. what is not. You go back to the period of time where we were undergoing a lot of changes, and our physical and mental composition is a lot different. Species, race, population.. these are social constructs by choosing certain specifics to focus on.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved