Thread: African Americans, Police, and several other things tied into this.

Threaded View

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Hitta i thought the main point in saying that race isn't "real" was mainly that there is more genetic diversity *within* a supposed racial group than between supposedly different racial groups... which is to say we're all pretty similar. and we have less genetic diversity as a species on the whole than do a lot of animals.

and that a lot of our big differences are morphological differences (e.g. skin color) or adaptations to various diseases in regions hit hard (e.g. malaria, bubonic plague). these differences don't extend to personality really (they are surface differences).

and also that 200,000 years (if that is indeed how old we are as a species--which we could be even "younger" than that) isn't usually long enough to get really significant differences anyway between groups evolving in isolation from one another.

this post brought to you by HA and out-dated info.

also, found this page: http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/conte...s/inheritance/

*but* i don't think this means that *race* matters that much because if my highly stressful childhood causes certain changes and i pass on some tag, it's not my race that matters in this but my conditions. frankly i think this could maybe help explain really how humans did manage to evolve morphological diversity so quickly... it's always been a bit bizarre to me really.
    Last edited by marooned; 07-15-2016 at 11:31 PM.