Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
Are LIIs with ennea 9 even common?
After reading a book (I no longer remember) that explained each enneatype and their motivations and how they contrast with each other, along with anecdotes and stories about the different types, I realized I didn't have the 5 core motivation, even though 5 made superficial sense. I did have the 9 core motivation, even though it's not really a cool thing to identify with.

To paraphrase what I remember about the book:
Basically 5 was described as a kind of metaphorical child with overbearing parents that gave the child everything they wanted, except space and freedom. So a 5 kind of seeks an independence not out of fear of being weak and defenseless or out of some kind of fear of being deprived or anything like that, but to be able to do their own thing. They want independence.
9 was described as someone having a natural oversensitivity to things. They will feel negative and positive experiences with greater magnitudes, rather than something more balanced. Creates a fear of being overwhelmed and a person that will use things like entertainment, drugs, alcohol, dissociation, etc. as a form of escape. And schizoid and avoidant personality "disorders" were mentioned here as well.

So with that said, I do believe I am LII and 9 and see this more as an Si problem personally.
But the problem with this not being "common" seems to be a problem with typology communities in general and probably is a lot more common than realized. For some reason a lot of self-described "T"s like to correlate their shitty behavior as T or seem to think that if someone is a bit sensitive, they can't be T either. It's just simply not true though, no matter how easy it might be to think that makes sense, even if it does make a lot of sense for them.