Thread: Can someone help in identifying my enneagram?

in dire need of needing life Fransiskus's Avatar
    TIM
    IEI-Ni | INFJ | 6w5
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can someone help in identifying my enneagram?

Can someone help me? I have difficulties in identifying my core motivation as it tend to overlaps and... vague.
    I'm almost certain that it's between Enneagram 5,4 and 9, but other than that, I'm clueless.

What should I do? Is there a useful website that can help in identifying my enneagram type that I haven't discovered yet? Perhaps even instinctual variants? Or maybe I'm posting this on a wrong forum?

Anyways...
    I am requesting your assistance. Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can help you

This page is the best source for enneagram description , just open it and read

To make it easier to you , here are correlations between IEI and Enneagram Subtypes :

The most likely :

4 ( Social, Self preservation )

5 ( Sexual )

9 ( Social, Sexual, rarely Self preservation )

6 ( self preservation )

Less likely :

1 ( Self preservation, Social )

2 ( Self preservation, Social [D Subtype] ) - some people think E2 can't be cognitively introverted -

Theoretically possible, still debatable though :

7 ( Social , Sexual )

Anything else ( such as 3 or 8 ) is so rare , if it happened the person might not look like IEI

Note : correlations I wrote above applies only to the first instinct

As for the second instinct, there are two ways :

1- determine the description you relate less to from other instincts description ( for example: you relate to 4 So , read 4 Sx and 4 Sp descriptions then determine what you relate less to and that's your second instincts )

2- determine it separately from the enneagram by the theory of instinctual variant ( ex : you're 4 So , compare So/Sx to So/Sp and determine what you relate to )

As for tritype , read this page and determine what you relate to in each center [ 1,9,8 in gut ; 2,3,4 in heart ; 5,6,7 in head ] , that's your tritype
    Souls know their way back home

TIM
    IEI-Ni | INFJ | 6w5
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, that's a lot to take in.

Note:
    [ + ] = Pro / In favor
    [ - ] = Contra / Anti / Against
    [ +- ] = Both

Enneagram 4 + Sp4

+ Can relate in terms of asking why according to the given descriptions
    + Sp 4 seems fitting aswell, especially envy. I am still trying to overcome that feeling.

+- "SP Fours act out their envy by working hard to get what others have and they lack."
    Seems fitting, but I don't seem to have the energy to work hard only because of it.

- Cannot relate to masochism. They are according to the descriptions.

----------------------------

Enneagram 5 + Sx5

+ Can definitely relate to the statement "a need for someone to feel safe with, a person of refuge".

+ Can relate to the statement "A prominent characteristic of E5 is not feeling worthy, due to a lack of vitality when facing challenges."

+- Can somewhat relate to romantic view in life, but I tend to be grossed out by it myself. I think it is more into my sense of longing to a person than being romantic.

- I don't really think much of the past, but only when I encountered it then I indulge. Sx5 is nostalgic according to the descriptions.

Enneagram 9

+- The only reason I consider Enneagram 9 is because I wanted to have a peace of mind, heart and spiritual.
    I don't really avoid conflict nor do I find conflict. I just wanted to be left alone on my devices, far from real world demands with a sense of longing. I just wanted to know my personal significance, meaning, purpose and passion in life, as well as figuring out the world in the meantime. And besides of that, I wanted to attach myself to something, an idea perhaps and pursue it relentlessly.

Sorry for rambling, just giving out my reasons :v

Tritype

Hmmm. The link you've just sent is not working.

I'll just take a big guess that my tritype would be between 459 / 495 / 549 / 594 / 945 / 954.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In addition to the good resources above, here's a list of celebrity typings, in case it might be helpful to compare yourself to some of them (via interviews, etc.). Most of them are ethicals in Socionics, and all of them (imho) have at least two fixes pulling from 4, 5, and 9. Many of these typings are not mine originally, but as a variant of 459 myself, I agree with all of them. Not meant in any way to be a definitive list, but could be useful for noticing patterns among similar types.

5 cores: Peter Gabriel (549), Thom Yorke (549), Hideaki Anno (sp/sx 549), Park Chan-wook (so/sx 594), Kristen Stewart (sx 549 likely), Andrei Tarkovsky (sx 549), David Lynch (sx/so 548), Thomas Pynchon, Jacques Lacan

9 cores: Jimi Hendrix (sx), Hirokazu Kore-eda (sx/so most likely), Kim Taehyung (sx 947)

4 cores: Leonard Cohen (459), Elliott Smith (469), Mitski, Stevie Nicks, Bob Dylan, Kurt Cobain

There's also this page
    , which could be helpful as well. It seems to generally do a good job at outlining some subtle differences between fix-pairings (e.g. 4+9, 5+4, etc.). I believe other tritype pages would have fix-pairings as well, if you'd want to compare 4+5 vs. 4+6, for example.
    Last edited by aciaradh; 12-05-2022 at 04:13 AM.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about 6? Do you often have doubts?
    Then, the angel asked her what her name was. She said: "I have none"

TIM
    IEI-Ni | INFJ | 6w5
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    What about 6? Do you often have doubts?
    Yes I do became security anxious and doubtful sometimes.
    I mostly got high 5 and 4, sometimes 6 and 9 on tests. Pretty consistent with it too.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm. The link you've just sent is not working.
    https://docs.google.com/document/u/0...cQ/mobilebasic

TIM
    IEI-Ni | INFJ | 6w5
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is this so difficult...

I've narrowed down my options to 4w5, 5w4, 6w5 and 9w1 and all of them are *mostly* relatable.