Hybrid View

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    That does sound more like conflict relationship...How about the things that he says that annoy you or don't agree with your ideas and values in the approach to individuals and society most importantly?
    He and I have only been seriously dating for about six weeks, although we've casually known each other for the past 8 years. Our timing simply hadn't been in sync. The biggest area of conflict in which I think we could lock horns is that of my impulsivity and leanings toward indulgence and immediate gratification vs. his frugality, practicality and leanings toward asceticism. This reared its head just this past weekend when I learned we'd left to do something two hours later than we'd originally considered (and at a slightly less ideal time) because "the $5 parking would be free." It's really minor stuff, but we're also very, very early into our relationship.

FF

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FeloniousFunk View Post
    He and I have only been seriously dating for about six weeks, although we've casually known each other for the past 8 years. Our timing simply hadn't been in sync. The biggest area of conflict in which I think we could lock horns is that of my impulsivity and leanings toward indulgence and immediate gratification vs. his frugality, practicality and leanings toward asceticism. This reared its head just this past weekend when I learned we'd left to do something two hours later than we'd originally considered (and at a slightly less ideal time) because "the $5 parking would be free."

FF
    Lol that's planning ahead, isn't it

Oh that would drive my mom insane.

The frugality will be lessened when he has more money. But still you are not focusing on information exchange. It's not that he's frugal it's that his thinking is linear because he's Ej temperament
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post

The frugality will be lessened when he has more money.
    Oh, he HAS the money. And it's because he's frugal. And I certainly can't fault him for that.

He retired early; I'll be working for another ten years. Tortoise / Hare

FF

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FeloniousFunk View Post
    Oh, he HAS the money. And it's because he's frugal. And I certainly can't fault him for that.

He retired early; I'll be working for another ten years. Tortoise / Hare

FF
    Wow isn't that nice. I'll be working all of my life lol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html