Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Enfj or esfj?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Enfj or esfj?
    Me: INTp
    He: ESFj

I should've clarified further. We're both gay men in our 50's.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FeloniousFunk View Post
    Me: INTp
    He: ESFj

I should've clarified further. We're both gay men in our 50's.
    Thank you for clarifying. Well my mom is INTp and my dad was ESFp while my sister is ESFj. From very person experience I can add the following. My father was very serious externally and his humor was more subtle less willing to personally offend my mom. I find that when ESE reach a negative place they can criticise their society and the norms in it undermining the person implications or personal experience of others which upsets ILI who tells them that those things are not personal and don't be so negative. SEE, in general are not negative. SEE may state behavior in others that are right or wrong but are not negative and are nice.

ESE common comments are "well, if I was in charge I would kill 7 billion people to reduce the human population as to make the planet a better place for the environment.," you won't see SEE saying stuff like this they are more focused on an individual's character "a man had to learn the proper things to say in such a way as to get the other person in front of them to do what they want without coming off like an ass hole" how to find the right approach as to make a meaningful impression. Manipulation of force and will. INTp really appreciate SEE approach to human relations and think of them as nice people.

ESE too can make ILI live a balanced life because the ILI loves the outgoing nature of ESE. Loves that ESE takes them to museums ect. Duality is more relaxing so SEE just take ILI on road trips or hang out with family or strawberry festivals where the senses can be awakened. ESE doesn't really go to strawberry festivals unless it's a school project. Also ESE don't like never ending to do lists while SEE let ILI do what they want and can ignore the ILI criticism lol.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html