User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Learning about the INTp/ESFj Dynamic

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Tiny fidgety guy, in my signature are examples of different types (use bloggers list, actors list needs reworking).
    Dual for INFP is ESTP, for INTP is ESFP. You may check which types you like more, find more psychologically pleasant, inspiring for better for you. For every example it needs to use >=2 clips, to watch clips >= 5 minutes, for every type >=3 examples.

Try to use practical Socionics, in case you came here to know something new about yourself and people.

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Tiny fidgety guy, in my signature are examples of different types (use bloggers list, actors list needs reworking).
    Dual for INFP is ESTP, for INTP is ESFP. You may check which types you like more, find more psychologically pleasant, inspiring for better for you. For every example it needs to use >=2 clips, to watch clips >= 5 minutes, for every type >=3 examples.

Try to use practical Socionics, in case you came here to know something new about yourself and people.
    Sol:

Wouldn't it have been so much easier for you to have simply stated this as your initial greeting?

Consider it for the next guy.

FF
    5 planets in Scorpio: Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus & Mars. Probably not a shrinking violet.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

*awkward cough* Thelonious Monk?
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    *awkward cough* Thelonious Monk?
    Um, Duh.
    5 planets in Scorpio: Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus & Mars. Probably not a shrinking violet.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post

I think he's INTp

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ortraits-Gamma

if you can't tell by VI the obvious signs is that against an LSE he can hold his resistance firmly without flinching
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A guy in the INTP (MBTI) forum asked for a concrete example from my life that shows why I think I'm an INTP (as well as ILI-Ni.) Below is the example I shared.

FF

Throughout my life I've found myself drawn to various odd areas of interest that quickly have become obsessions, taking up an inordinate amount of my time trying to understand them, acquire them, master them, create them, etc. As a teenager, I became obsessed with two families of succulent plants native to remote regions in Africa, and soon found myself buying every book I could find on them, as well as importing them from nurseries in South Africa, Namibia and elsewhere with my paper route money. I was a member of both the Asclepiadaceae and Mesembryanthemaceae Societies in my teens and wanted nothing more than to eventually have a huge nursery with every genus, species and cultivar of these plants I could track down. The more obscure and rare the variety, the more I wanted to track down plants or seeds. I was constantly planning in my head exactly the kind of plant nursery I eventually would have by creating endless lists of what I hoped to acquire, and compulsively revising my lists anytime I could make a modification to it that would make my eventual collection just a little bit better (or more precise.) There was no such thing as a finished list, just one that was constantly being improved. The joy for me was the pursuit, the research, the knowledge, and eventually the acquisition, or so I thought. What I learned over time with this passion--and with many others I've had in my life--was that the actual realization of it wasn't nearly as important as the obsessive planning of it, the countless hours of research about it, and the dreaming about what was possible.

Just a week or so ago, when I was sorting through a couple boxes in storage, I discovered my stash of cacti and succulent seeds from over 15 years ago, all likely long since expired: a huge unrealized dream from years gone by. I've come to conclude though that the dream about the potential that existed in that tin of nearly 500,000 seeds (I kid you not) was where the majority of the joy came from. The actual realization of a huge succulent nursery wasn't the point, nor was I (or AM I for that matter) particularly well-suited to follow such an endeavor through to fruition. The ESFJ with whom I'm now in a relationship would've been the ideal kind of person to take such a dream (and the countless hours of planning and research and tracking down of rare seeds) and actually turn it into a concrete reality. I'm the dreamer, the researcher, the tireless listmaker, the planner, forever looking to perfect the dream and figure out how someone ELSE could eventually do it in real life. At the time that I began pursuing this succulent nursery idea, I deluded myself into thinking that *I* had what it took to follow through and to turn it a reality myself. But alas, I'm a P, not a J.

Below I've attached a photo of the contents of that tin, each packet of seeds identified as accurately as possible, down to the cultivar, and in some cases even the actual location in the wild where the seeds were acquired (and by whom!) No generic names for me; I must have the exact and most precise botanical nomenclature and the seeds must be from the most reliable sources so as to never deal with the nightmare of an imprecise (or outright mistaken) identity. Absolute accuracy, always.

It sickens me to a degree to open the lid of this tin because I know the potential that lay inside of it that all went to waste. Seeds for incredibly rare Muiria hortenseae collected from its indigenous locale near a remote diamond mine in the Little Karoo desert, all gone to waste. 20,000 seeds of Argyroderma ovale, gone! Ten seed pods of Lithops karasmontana ssp. karasmontana v karasmontana ‘mickbergensis’ gathered onsite at Cole Number location C168, totally dessicated. Simply unspeakable.

FF

muiria_seeds.jpg ovale3.jpg Lithop_hybrids_(Living_Stones).jpg 70c1b68c95d2221845a07e41e09dc1aa.jpg lithops!.jpg
    Last edited by FeloniousFunk; 07-14-2016 at 05:34 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My ILI mom and my bosses wife also ILI are very much into horticulture also my mom is very organized like you are
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    My ILI mom and my bosses wife also ILI are very much into horticulture also my mom is very organized like you are
    Maritsa:

I did a lot of reading today about the other MBTI type where I could possibly fall (ENTP) and am slowing coming to the realization that at least on the MBTI I'm probably better typed as an ENTP. In the past when taking the MBTI, I've usually ended up more as xNTP. I'm by no means a classic extrovert--I'm a bit of a lone wolf--but the overall characteristics of the ENTP are an even better fit than of the INTP. I may not be as active when it comes to people, but I am when it comes to pursuing ideas and studies. I pay more attention to the objective side of things, not the subjective. The Ne piece just really hits home. Who knows how this will play out in Socionics, but if I had to make a call with what I now understand, I'd say I'm closest to an ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8 / SCUEI.

For what it's worth, this brief video was very helpful for flushing the whole INTP/ENTP distinction out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiKT7I7GGx0

Thoughts?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FeloniousFunk View Post
    Maritsa:

I did a lot of reading today about the other MBTI type where I could possibly fall (ENTP) and am slowing coming to the realization that at least on the MBTI I'm probably better typed as an ENTP. In the past when taking the MBTI, I've usually ended up more as xNTP. I'm by no means a classic extrovert--I'm a bit of a lone wolf--but the overall characteristics of the ENTP are an even better fit than of the INTP. I may not be as active when it comes to people, but I am when it comes to pursuing ideas and studies. I pay more attention to the objective side of things, not the subjective. The Ne piece just really hits home. Who knows how this will play out in Socionics, but if I had to make a call with what I now understand, I'd say I'm closest to an ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8 / SCUEI.

For what it's worth, this brief video was very helpful for flushing the whole INTP/ENTP distinction out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiKT7I7GGx0

Thoughts?
    I think that you write and speak more like iNTp, INTp and ENTp are so different because of extraversion and Fi polr. I don't see any Ne info. But who knows.

Wow that's a great video. I watched it and you could be ENTp
    -

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that you write and speak more like iNTp, INTp and ENTp are so different because of extraversion and Fi polr. I don't see any Ne info. But who knows
    I appreciate your feedback. When you get a minute, would you mind watching that 3 minute YouTube clip I posted and letting me know whether you're in agreement with what the guy has to say about ENTPs often mistyping themselves as INTPs?

Thanks,

FF

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I appreciate your feedback. When you get a minute, would you mind watching that 3 minute YouTube clip I posted and letting me know whether you're in agreement with what the guy has to say about ENTPs often mistyping themselves as INTPs?

Thanks,

FF
    I'm watching all his videos now
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Thanks,

FF
    So do you talk as fluidly and as fast as him? Also, you should join us in our chat room http://tinychat.com/fagland (sorry for the name BnD made it up )
    -

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So do you talk as fluidly and as fast as him? Also, you should join us in our chat room http://tinychat.com/fagland (sorry for the name BnD made it up )
    Yes. I talk as fluidly, clearly, succinctly and as quickly as he. I'm also usually riding a pretty significant caffeine buzz.

FF

P.S. I appreciate the chat invite, but I'm usually hanging out in http://tinychat.com/cuntville instead.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes. I talk as fluidly, clearly, succinctly and as quickly as he. I'm also usually riding a pretty significant caffeine buzz.

FF

P.S. I appreciate the chat invite, but I'm usually hanging out in http://tinychat.com/cuntville instead.
    This is better for you, now you are activity relationship. How does this make you feel?
    -

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is better for you, now you are activity relationship. How does this make you feel?
    Feel? Please, not the F word.

It certainly backs up the non-stop enjoyment he and I get from doing things together. We're also fortunate to have a ton of common interests, including kayaking, hiking, camping, cooking and gardening. We're both big adventure travelers too. I think I just need to be cognizant of the fact that he and I run the risk of burning out by spending too much time together and not allowing the other a bit of space periodically. It's good that we live a 2 hour drive from each other right now, so the distance keeps us in check.

FF

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Why do you think youre a logical type?

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sol,

I was either going to type as an INTp or an ENTp. The question was which. I just enjoy watching your hysterics as you scream at yet another person that they're an F and don't deserve to play in your T sandbox.

Keep it up, man. It's quite entertaining.

FF

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@FeloniousFunk, those succulents in the picture are amazing! So very uniquely beautiful; I have never seen anything like them. So fascinating to look at! So much so that I keep going back to the picture to gaze at them.

Your being ENTp would be much better for you and your friend, who looks and sounds ESFj to me, and it fits with what you pointed out - how you enjoy activities together. I am "Activity" with one of my brothers and I have to say, my best times with him were always doing things with him.

From the pic of yourself here, my first thought was that I do not see a visual connection at all between you and the other INTp's I know, who have more of a slightness, or refined-ness to features, or a kind of boyishness to their look even as they age. Also same for one INTp I met briefly. I thought maybe the INTp's I know were perhaps of a different subtype than you, so maybe that would explain it. Plus I do not consider myself an expert on VI. But now that you say ENTp, I realize you do seem to fit in the same "group" as the longtime ENTp I know. And in fact he is INTp-Ne!

So if you want to see a pic of a fellow ENTp-Ne, I will private message it to you (because I don't want to post his pic on forum without asking him, and its a weird thing to ask, so I would rather just PM it if you are interested.)
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 07-14-2016 at 02:17 AM.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    ENTp / ILE-Ne / 7w8
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    @FeloniousFunk, those succulents in the picture are amazing! So very uniquely beautiful; I have never seen anything like them. So fascinating to look at! So much so that I keep going back to the picture to gaze at them.
    Thanks for your post. A few of the images I attempted to attach somehow got corrupted so I went ahead and reloaded them. They really are some amazing little plants.

No need to send the ENTPs pic, but I do appreciate the offer.

Cheers,

FF

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123