http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...nd_Supervision

"Breaking free" interpretation

Some authors explain "reverse" benefit and supervision relations as the attempts of the beneficiary or the supervisee to come from under the control of their benefactor or supervisor, to distance by means of starting up arguments, pointing out their mistakes, picking at their flaws and errors. This constitutes rejection of any information or energy pulse coming from them and obstruction of it being passed down the supervision and benefit chains. As such, both benefit and supervision relations can oscillate from "direct" to "reverse" states with the supervisee or beneficiary being either receptive or rejecting of their supervisor or benefactor.
Came across this today and found it interesting, and after replying to the thread "Supervision relations: how do you feel interacting with your supervisor?", this offers interesting insight into my interactions with LIEs. I'm not sure if this theory is reflected in the below example conversation:

My family was having a discussion about sororities. Someone asked me for which sorority might I be interested in pledging when I went to college. I said the same sorority to which my mother had pledged. My aunt, LIE, says jokingly, "they're known as a bunch of nerds". I reply "and how exactly is being around nerds or being a nerd a bad thing when in college". From my understanding of supervision, I should've felt belittled (maybe not as I'm not confident on my understanding of this relationship's dynamics).

Another example, I often find LIEs to lack common sense. An LIE I know often leaves her back door open when at work. She's under the belief that having 3 large dogs and a security system (that's never engaged) will deter any would-be burglar. I've expressed that any burglar serious about burglarizing won't be discouraged by dogs who can be easily immobilized (especially if they know the dogs are huge scary cats, which she shares with everyone. All immediate neighbors know this). Recently, a neighbor's house was broken into during the day, with a security system engaged, small dog in the house AND the homeowners home. She no longer leaves the door open, but doesn't lock it or activate the security system. I think it's playing with fire. In this example I'm picking out mistakes in thinking and living etc.

I also recognize I might simply be rude, making it appear to be reverse supervision.

Has anyone experienced this? Any thoughts or examples? Do you even believe this could exist?